Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 49 - Post your finds here

Options

Comments

• skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    Cerenia wrote: »
    Quick question everyone - what respectably priced moisturiser would you reccomend for really dry skin? My Garnier stuff isn't really working anymore :(

I'm not sure about really dry skin, but I love l'oreal dermagenesis. Also, you could just try Simple moisturiser with an spf (much cheaper). Keep in mind the dry skin may be due in part to your cleanser, and changing that may be half the battle.
  • Need_a_break
    Options
    Just realised haven't posted my bargains today. Got the following

3 x L'oreal wrinkle decrease gift pack thing, they were £5 each so free with wrinklies,
    1x CW blowdry spray
    2x olay regenerist serum gift pack thing were reduced from £24 to 12, so £7 with wrinklies, this is great as the serum had a sel for £2x.xx on its own.
    Plus earned two more wrinklies and smug grin on my face:rotfl:.

These may be nationwide so keep your eyes open for them. Also there were some reduced sel stuff butterlicious stuff?? or am i making this up, well they were half price and looked lovely, but i have loads of stuff to get through.
    You laugh because I'm different......I laugh cause I just farted!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (A.C)
  • pcg2001
    pcg2001 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, just my 2 cents... My MIL also had lots of zits problems with the N7 refine and rewind and lifting night cream. My mother loves them and has never had any problems.
    I have been using the Time delay day moisturizer and serum (which is the same as the p&p, but cheaper) and have a forehead like a 16 year old. it's scaling and itches. I deduce this is from the time delay stuff, which is the same as the N7. Anyone had these problems with Time delay?

I've decided to switch to the roc hydra destressant (which I bought 2 years ago on 241 offer). But apparently some people seem to have problems with roc as well.

It serves right to have stoked up on this stuff. :mad: I couldn't resist a bargain, but now these all seem like expensive body creams, which is the alterntive to throwing them away.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iloveboots wrote: »
    Mimi, I am saying a prayer for your dad, and the rest of your family. I am being treated for cancer at the moment too (aged 38) and i know how hard it is for EVERYONE. Sending lots of love and hugs ((((( ))))))

Honey, I'm really sorry to hear that. If you wanna chat, you know where I am. Hope you have family that are supporting you through it. Mind you, it's still bloody scary! Hugs to you.

Thanks to all the other ladies for the kind words. You know what the freaky thing is, I don't even know any of you, but you have been kinder with your words about it than some of my "real friends"! Thanks all. Hugs to everyone.
  • Mum2Hannah
    Options
    It often seems so futile, if you only "say a prayer"
    But really, it's a massive thing, to show someone you care

When illness or bereavement, or troubles hurt your life
    When times seem hard and weary and beset with grief and strife

It's nice to know there's someone, though you've never seen their face,
    Who thinks of you as quite a mate, out there in cyberspace

And though we're all anonymous, and though this might sound twee
    I like to think I'm part of the Bootsing Family!

I know I speak for lots of us, for all your kin we'll pray
    That sunshine soon will fill your world, and clouds will drift away

So Mimi just remember, there's lots of folk out there
    Who'll never see or meet you - but for you we'll "say a prayer".

xxxx

As always u put it so beautifully SS... always a pleasure reading ur poems...:o
  • fadedpages
    Options
    Can't see a list that anyone else has posted, and I'm bored, so just gone through the website to make a list of some suggestions for cheap-ish stuff to use the skincare half of the wrinklie on. I'm sure there's lots more available in store that isn't on the site.

Under £2.50 with wrinklie:
    Olay Total Effects Radiance Enhancing Cream Wash - £5.86
    RoC Alcohol-Free Cleansing Wipes - £6.49
    Time Delay Radiance Booster - £6.84
    Time Delay Wrinkle Reduce Eye Cream - £6.84
    RoC Renewex MicroDermabrasion Daily Renovator Cleansing Pads - £6.84
    Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cream Wash - £6.99
    Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher - £7.34
    RoC Hydra 3-in-1 Cleansing Care - £7.43

Under £5.00 with wrinklie:
    Time Delay Instant Lip Plumper - £7.82
    Olay Definity Illuminating Cream Cleanser - £7.82
    Time Delay Skin Treatments Age Spot Fade Serum - £8.31
    Time Delay Skin Restoring Eye Cream with SPF 15 - £8.31
    Dr Nick Lowe Spot Gel - £8.76
    Time Delay Wrinkle Prevention Eye Cream - £8.80
    Time Delay Wrinkle Prevention Day Moisturiser - £9.29
    Dr Nick Lowe Hydrating Foaming Cleanser - £9.74
    Dr Nick Lowe Sebum Control Cleanser - £9.74
    Dr Nick Lowe Purifying Foaming Cleanser - £9.74
    L’Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collogen Re-Plumper Day Cream - £9.77
    L'Oreal Revitalift Anti Wrinkle and Firming Day Cream - £9.77
    Time Delay Dermi-Gel Under Eye Patches - £9.78
    L'Oreal Revitalift Anti-wrinkle and Firming Eye Cream - £9.97
  • kerry1983_2
    Options
    Holyhead

Loads of reduced items, gillette ( no putting sets) King of shaves , hair dyes, netrogena items, mark hill and mark hill minis, pantene john frieda, vitamins, No7 sun stuff, soltan sun stuff, HE ( greasy roots only).. All dotted around the store in various locations
    Bangor
    No reduced HE, some reduced King of shaves and gillette ( no putting sets) plenty of No7 Summer stuff in old packaging.
    Rhyl
    Some radox shower gel (purple ) for 40p bogof, also had other sels for other ones but went through at full price, took SA to show her the SEl and said if it had been reduced it would have one thorugh the till reduced, said a mistake must have been made and refused to sell at reduced price:o . Some No7 items on counter and No7 sun stuff on stand. Loads of wrapping (75% off) picture frames reduced and bogof. the gillette and king of shaves reduced but had clearance stickers on them and were alot more expensive than other stores :confused:

Bargains of the day had to be in Mr S's:o ( Rhyl) though, got 8 x sanex hand washes, 2 x 400ml garnier body cocoon, colour change pen for DD, 2 x nivea factor 20 sun lotion

All for 90p:D ( sanex went through at 10p but bogof!)
    Hi Amelia's Mummy, was there much left in Mr S's today? I work in the shopping centre so will be just a few stores down tomorrow. (Sorry, not Boots related)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser/night cream for me? I use the clinique 3 step routine.
    I do generally have quite dry skin, but recently with the cold weather it has got very bad, especially my forehead...horrible flakey skin!
    Just need something a little more intense i think for the winter, anyone think of anything?
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    Options
    Sandra Scarlett - You are such a darling. Hope you feel better soon xx
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    Options
    Who can help me?!?!

I need another 1800 points to 'buy' a camera for my niece for Christmas.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get them.
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills