Icesave - Martin Lewis Should Resign!

Options

Comments

• jp01_2
    jp01_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Well said.

There's something of the night about this forum.
    There are several folks who seem to spend inordinate amounts of time on these threads. Literally replying within minutes to anything they deem as anti Icesave.

Last week, I posted several warnings about Icesave, giving information links to many other experts viewpoints.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

I posted a thread yesterday complaining about the folks who got the post removed. There was a lot of support for my comments.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

I thoroughly expect this comment and your thread to be removed.
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    moneymass wrote: »
    (Jumped from page 1 to reply) The blame game is almost funny. OP: take some responsibiliy for your own actions? DYODD (Do Your Own Due Diligence)

Your comments are unacceptable and indicate you clearly have no concept of the position people have been put in by the Icesave collapse.

I did check in to Icesave carefully before I invested as did most investors in the bank and it appeared perfectly sound. For that very same reason I deliberately avoided ICICI.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin lewis is amazing and his tips are there for all to use but he always says to check everywhere first , its not one size fits all .

besides who would have predicted the hbos would crash and burn so spectaculary or how the government would change the law to enable the uks biggest bank to rise like a phoneix from the flames,..

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Whatever Darling has promised I bet it takes months and meanwhile I am screwed. Also I bet we do lose interest during the long period until we are paid back. If we are paid back that is. I will believe it when I see it.

In theory its simple as Icesave knows exactly how much is in each account and the names and addresses and all they have to do is give the UK government a list but I bet the UK government demands proof you put your money there in the first place and as I do everything online and don't have paper bank statements I can see that creating lots of issues.

Good grief! Log into your account now and take print outs of your account.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • IT_nerd
    IT_nerd Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose this is on 4OD. I had better try and watch it. I can't wait to see Mr Lewis squirm.

He actually did pretty well IMHO and stuck up for himself well. Even though the anchor got the name of his website wrong about 4 or 5 times.
    Savings
    £14,200 with £1100 M.I.A. presumed dead.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your comments are unacceptable and indicate you clearly have no concept of the position people have been put in by the Icesave collapse.

I did check in to Icesave carefully before I invested as did most investors in the bank and it appeared perfectly sound. For that very same reason I deliberately avoided ICICI.
    surely you should keep checking etc,
    1. northern rock -crash
    2. hbos-crash
    3.bradford and bingley. crash

so surely you should not just sit on your laurels and pretend its not going to happen to me and make sure you check again that your moneys still save ,
    Its obvious from the above 3 banks that it could happen anywhere and yet your now blaming the person who suggested to you the bank in the first place then getting angry with someone who disagrees with your opinion

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    jp01 wrote: »
    Last week, I posted several warnings about Icesave, giving information links to many other experts viewpoints.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

I posted a thread yesterday complaining about the folks who got the post removed. There was a lot of support for my comments.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

Very interesting and truly shocking. So Martin Lewis is indeed purely out for himself and doesn't give a damn about the people who he has conned. The removal of posts in this way could be no clearer indication of this.

I hope that as a result of this incident that the reputation of this site is so badly damaged that it goes bust. Mr Lewis could then experience the fate of Icesave investors
  • jp01_2
    jp01_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think this website is to blame. It's a private enterprise and can make what recommendations it wants as long as they're legal. Martin Lewis is on record saying he hopes it makes him a billionaire although why money has become valued over and above everything esle in our society I don't understand. Martin Lewis is in danger of becoming our Richard Fuld, the man who has pocketed millions and left the taxpyer to pick up the bill. I do have huge issues with the platform the BBC has given Martin Lewis. Sticking by its editorial guidelines which prevent journalists having commercial interests in the companies they report on would have saved the BBC broadcasting bad advice. Only three weeks ago Martin Lewis recommended Icelandic banks for savings on Radio 2.

If that is true it explains a lot!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    jp01 wrote: »
    Well said.

There's something of the night about this forum.
    There are several folks who seem to spend inordinate amounts of time on these threads. Literally replying within minutes to anything they deem as anti Icesave.

presumably because your thread was reported, not necessarily because of your posts.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

No-one should post a thread complaining/naming about other users and expect it not to be reported.

Guess what happened
    They got removed.

I did report this thread this morning for reading, however the OP has now apologised for his emotive language and as stated everyone with money tied up in Icesave is feeling upset and vulnerable. This doesn't excuse rudeness but it does explain it.

Martin is doing his best, both yesterday and today to get the information out to all who read MSE and the article is being updated throughout the day.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/safe-savings#iceland
  • itsnever2lateisit?
    Options
    The newswires are reporting that ING Direct are to aquire all UK deposits from Icelandic banks, I am sure the details will be out later, but if that is the case it would appear that 'normal' service will be restored sooner rather than later
    [strike]Debt @ LBM 04/07 £14,804[/strike]01/08 [strike]£10,472[/strike]now debt free:j

Target: Stay debt free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport