PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 15th June 2015

Options
bossymoo
bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 18 June 2015 at 9:49PM in Old style MoneySaving
Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Happy Monday: Kitchen
Level 1

Remove floor gubbins. Yes, you, that pile over by the door. Does it live there? I think not!
Now do the same with the unnecessary worktop clutter! There you go! Well done!
Level 2
Give the work tops and cupboard fronts your attention (with a cloth, don't flutter your eyelashes at them ;))
Shine your sink, flylady basics :)
Splash backs and greasy tiles? Yep, swishy there too!
Level 3
Pop the bin and doormat outside, then sweep and mop your floor
Wipe over the small appliances
Extras:
  • Do you need to test your smoke alarms?
  • Wipe over your big appliances
  • run the WM and/or DW on a hot wash to keep its insides happy ;)
  • Count your baking tins and sheets. How many??? Do you really need all of them?

Cheerful Tuesday (d'ya see what I did there?): Dining Room, Hall, Stairs, Landing
Level 1

Dust from top to bottom
Sweep or vacuum / mop -including stairs if you can, safety first please :)
Level 2
Scrub the table top and replace tablecloth if needed.
Wipe a window or two
Level 3
Wipe the front door, inside and out
Tidy or declutter a hotspot
Extras:
  • Collect stray laundry
  • HHI
  • Find homes for the coats and shoes that are hanging around
  • Consider summer childcare plans if applicable - only 5wks of term left here!

Whoopee Wednesday: Bathroom
Level 1

Let some fresh air in, pop the radio on
Wash the sinks and loo, don't forget the pedestal
Level 2
Clean the bath / shower
Replace towels, sponges etc
Wash the window
Level 3
Wipe down the tiles
Mop the floor
Extras:
  • Wash out any grubby toothbrush holders / fill your soap dispenser
  • Do you need to wash the shower curtain / screen
  • Wipe down the door and disinfect the door handle
  • Have a bit of me time and use one of your many products :)

Thankful Thursday: Bedroom(s)
Level 1

Start off clearing that floordrobe! Can any be flung?
Then dewebbing and dusting the fluffy surfaces
And then vacuum...
Level 2
Strip the bed. Air and turn the mattress if needed.
Is it nice enough outside to get the duvet out to air? Or even put the summer one on?
Choose your brightest, sunniest bedding to replace.
Level 3
Wash a window or two
Wipe door handles and light switches
Dust your light fitting
Extras:
  • tidy a shelf or drawer
  • have a mini fling boogie
  • put any out of season stuff away
  • make a brew, and just sit and be for a while!

Phew it's Friday: Living a Room and catch up
Level 1

Dust and deweb - lots of spidders around at the mo!
Sweep / vac - maybe get the tools out and do the edges and skirting?
Level 2
Polish a mirror and wipe a window
Sofa - vac again? Or a wipe? Mine are grotty ;)
Declutter a hotspot
Level 3
Catch up - do you need to S&S the sink again?
Catch up - any piles of gubbins starting to regrow?
Catch up - bills / paperwork / phonecalls?
Extras:
    fling 5 things
  • plan something nice for the weekend
  • have some time outdoors
  • HHI
Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2015 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Thank you for the lists bossy (and natty and pigpen)
    I'll be in this week and try and do as much as possible off the lists
    Hugs good wishes sticks spoon and posi vibes to all who need them.
    CY, natty and Dave, iona and friend I'm sending special coping vibes to you

Need to take raffle blanket and three bridesmaids dresses down to the Hugh school this week.
    Have given mil a couple of phone calls to make, need to check she's done those
    Got extra work again
    Need to ring dentist as a rather large filling has come out of the tooth I had the root canal in so fear I may have to sacrifice what little is left of that tooth!
    Need to finish 2nd smaller blanket as that's due to be school raffle prize do needs to be at local school by the weekend.
    Mils cleaning
    Fill Mils garden waste bin from the huge pile we are working through.
    Text or ring my dad or stepmum as no reply last week.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello, I'm in but will be reading and following and doing what I can. Can I just say thank you to Natty, pigpen and Bossy for the lists, and to all of you lovely ladies for your encouragement. For the first time, I think ever.... I have actually got to the bottom of the ironing basket!!!!! I have actually ironed OHs 114 shirts!!!!!!! This would never have happened before. Can't thank you enough for keeping me going and sane, I love reading about what youve all been up to, it motivates me to keep going.
    Much love :)
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everybody. I'm back AGAIN. But on a promising note. DH and I went out for a celebration last night to a lovely fish restaurant in Glasgow. Celebrating my birthday today, but more so, 4 weeks sober on Saturday. Doesn't seem like much, and I did it before in residential detox. But this time I've done it in the real world and had to deal with real world pressures at the same time, rather than just being unable to drink for 4 weeks and then being faced with it all at once.

Anway (((((hugs)))) to those in need. CY and Nattie and Dave glad that eveyone is home and has some relief.

LW hi. Sorry you don't have any fur friend at the moment.

Bossy thanks for this weeks list. Kitchen is great. I've spent the past 2 weeks cleaning and organising. If I can get everything finished this week, I can move onto the huge pile of fleabaying, charity shopping, giving away and binning items taking up space in the living room.

For the first time in a number of years - ((((spoons)))) available for the taking. I've certainly taken a lot off you at times.

Cat
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • sophietb
    sophietb Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joining please...

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Bossy, I'm in. Planning to do 3 hours before the paid stuff each day although Wednesday might be a bit of a stretch. Tomorrow though I need to clean the LR so I'll have to catch up on the kitchen jobs.

FBO - great to see you posting, well done, and Happy Birthday.

And welcome Sophie.

See you all tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all x

Thank you to bossy, natty and piggers for the lists x I'm in again this week. My house is really looking so much better since I've been back. Paid stuff Tue, Fri, Sat and Sun so I will work the list round that.

Since I got in from work tonight I have flung DD in the bath, ironed the school and work uniforms and got into my jimmys. Just about to wash up and then cosy up with my book.

Catch you all in the morning x love and hugs to all x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    Options
    :bdaycake:
    Happy Birthday, welcome back :wave: and well done :T: FBO

Welcome to newbies :wave:

Thank you to bossy for the new thread and to Natty for last week's lists. Natty, I hope you've had a restful weekend. I know you haven't, bossy, but it sounds like lots of fun!

This weekend has come and gone. 'Nuff said.

Tomorrow I shall be flying at DS2's hose as the removals men pack up the contents of each room. I am taking my rubber gloves and microfibre cloths with me ;)

The rest of the week is looking ominously full of bits such as writing up a report on the exchange visit, dealing with a horse piddle appt on Thursday, weigh-in on Tuesday for the first time for 3 weeks, helping DS2 unpack later in the week, and just generally following the lists and getting this house clean and tidy again. I did shine my sink properly today, though - it was gross :o - so that's one thing crossed off tomorrow's list :D

Hope everyone has a good week x
  • Samanyaaron
    Options
    Thanks for the lists, I'm hoping to take part this week
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in - thanks bossy :A

Welcome to all the newbies; good to have you on board x

FBO - lovely to see you posting; Happy Birthday and congrats :T

CY - I can't add any more than the others have said, but know that we are here for you xx

Happy Monday: Kitchen

Level 1

Now do the same with the unnecessary worktop clutter! There you go! Well done!

Level 2
    Give the work tops and cupboard fronts your attention (with a cloth, don't flutter your eyelashes at them ;))
    Shine your sink, flylady basics :)
    Splash backs and greasy tiles? Yep, swishy there too!

Level 3
    Pop the bin and doormat outside, then sweep and mop your floor
    Wipe over the small appliances
    Test your smoke alarms?
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the lists. Lovely to see FBO posting and well done. Won't be flying so much but will attempt to do some. Bonus is that house is not to mingling, s&s means bathroom and kitchen will just about pass. Dining room got the level 3 this weekend. Utterly manic at work. Am gutted that the date I am going out I now have another invite for! cycling you're in my thoughts as is lady liberty. Sending you both love and light.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family