Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 5th May 19, 11:18 PM
    • 2,650Posts
    • 37,455Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th May 2019
    • 5th May 19, 11:18 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th May 2019 5th May 19 at 11:18 PM
    Welcome to the Weekly Flylady Thread

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    WUDUPA ~ Washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ Washed up and left to dry
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

OK - here goes this week...

Killer Kitchen - Monday
    Level One

Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Get that radio on super-blast...
    Open the windows and let in the summer!
    Level Two
    Sweep and Mop the floor
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from DW's, WM's etc
    Wipe the cupboard fronts, all the appliances and all those manky corners!!
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, replace cloth if needed
    Empty and clean out the fridge.. including the drain hole bit at the back..
    Clean oven/hob
    Pick a cupboard and empty and clean it out and replace only what you wish to keep!
    Extras
    • Binbag dance!
    • HHI ..
    • Clean windows and sills
    • Clean the oven shelves.. soak them in wash powder.. that works!

Mad Tuesday - Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Level One

Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace
    Open the windows and let in some fresh air
    Level Two
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Wipe and water neglected plants
    Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Level Three
    Vacuum under the furniture you can move
    Clean windows, pictures, mirrors etc.
    Sort out the shoes and boots and fling the dead ones and the out grown ones
    Vacuum hall, landing and stairs.. all the way up to the top!!!!!
    Extras
    • Wipe woodwork in the hall and stairs & wipe front door.. inside and out!
    • Wash any nets/curtains that need cleaning.. put up fresh ones!
    • Wash those winter coats and put them away/fling the manky old ones.. including the one you have worn for about 10 years!! It is dead.. get rid!
    • 15 minutes filing

Study or other reception room & bathrooms - Wednesday
    Level One
    Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Ring someone you love just to tell them so.. we never do this enough!
    Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
    Level Two
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles and defragment the pc while doing this.
    Level Three
    Declutter and dust the pc desk
    Wipe away cup rings and sticky things
    wipe the keyboard, mouse, cables and sockets and suchlike.
    Clean the windows.
    Extras
    • HHI..
    • Clear a hotspot
    • Degunge around the bottoms of the taps!
    • Wipe cupboards and polish mirrors!

Master bedroom & landing -Thursday
    Level 1

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers.
    Fling open the window and let in the spring!
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Clean lightshade. And remove dead insects
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort 10 things from your wardrobe (or someone elses) that you can get rid of.. you WILL have nothing left lol!!
    Clear a hotspot.. or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extras
    • 37 fling boogie time, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clear a box of clutter from the landing
    • Make any necessary phone calls

Childrens/Spare rooms - Friday
    Level One

Clear the floor
    Spend at least half an hour doing something just for yourself.. a nice bath, a manicure.. just your time! Make that appointment to have your hair done!!
    Level Two
    Strip the beds and wash those sheets.. and any duvets that need doing
    Drag the stuff from under the beds and place it in it's proper homes!
    Level Three
    Vacuum the floor
    deweb and fluff the room
    clean the windows
    Extras
    • Wash any curtains/throws/cushions etc that need it
    • Wipe sticky marks from walls and doors
    • Clean any tv's, pc's playstations in the room
    • 15 minutes filing!
    Last edited by Natty68; 09-05-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 1
    • nicki
    • By nicki 5th May 19, 11:44 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 88,423 Thanks
    nicki
    • 5th May 19, 11:44 PM
    • 5th May 19, 11:44 PM

Its been a while since I was in here (October 2016 actually ) and I've come back as I've missed you and I really really need to come back for the accountability.

For those who aren't on my Facebook, a couple of changes since I was last here:
    • I've turned 40 and I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I finally understand why I was struggling with things so much over the last few years. I'm not currently medicated as I'm trying to last as long as possible without starting the "hardcore" prescription only stuff, but I have a physiotherapy appointment next week so I'll see what that brings (last time I ended up a blubbering wreck and in so much more pain, but that was pre-diagnosis and they were treating my back pain as a problem with my scoliosis so not their fault really)
    • DD is now DS and is 18 years old! He's off to university in September, but first we need to get through his A-levels, and start the process of his transgender therapy/treatment.
    So it's all go here which is why I've been missing so long. Now lets see if I can remember how I used to do this:

Dailies:
    Bathroom S&S (MTWTFSS)
    Bedrooms - beds made and tidied x2 (MTWTFSS)
    WM x1 (or more if playing catch up) (MTWTFSS)
    Livingroom picked up before bed (MTWTFSS)
    Kitchen S&S (MTWTFSS)
    Personal Email (MTWTFSS)
    Finances updated (MTWTFSS)
    Bujo updated for next day (SMTWTFSS)

Monday Personal :
    Builder here 9.30am
    Work (Newsletters printed, books out, customers text, deliveries made)
    Mr A delivery - 11am-12pm
    Finish weekly reset
    DS ready for school.
    Throws/covers back on sofas
    Change beds / remake

Killer Kitchen - Monday
    Level One

Get that radio on super-blast... - Opting for my audiobook instead IF DS doesn't have another headache
    Level Two
    Sweep and Mop the floor
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from WM's - Will do AFTER I've done the laundry
    Level Three
    Clean oven/hob
    Pick a cupboard and empty and clean it out and replace only what you wish to keep!
    Extras
    • Binbag dance!
    • HHI .. - Completed by DS on Sunday but no doubt something will appear...
    • Clean windows and sill
    Right I best get my night routine done or I'm going to regret it in the morning
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 5th May 19, 11:58 PM
    • 25,781 Posts
    • 106,336 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    • 5th May 19, 11:58 PM
    • 5th May 19, 11:58 PM
    Nothing else done today.

He didn't come back. Apparently, he's rather busy having a nervous breakdown. I'm supposed to be reassured that he's 'safe and with friends'.

Good for him.

I wish I had the luxury.

If he manages to drag himself back tomorrow morning as he claims he is going to do, I can't see this going well.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 6th May 19, 7:05 AM
    • 5,615 Posts
    • 62,935 Thanks
    Jazee
    • 6th May 19, 7:05 AM
    • 6th May 19, 7:05 AM
    Welcome back Nicki, hope OH returns soon JoJo.

Thanks for the list Natty, I'm in.

DH did not hand his notice in. I am beginning to lose patience with the uncertainty.

Dogs are on a sleepover so I'm going to get cracking with flying this morning before meeting friends later today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Dec £0 Total 2019 - £4883.20/£5k
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 6th May 19, 7:34 AM
    • 11,110 Posts
    • 131,308 Thanks
    kazwookie
    • 6th May 19, 7:34 AM
    • 6th May 19, 7:34 AM
    Morning

Jojo, I hope is ok and OH comes back ok. x

Nicki, welcome back, sounds like you have been busy with life.

WM is on
    Cat is fed
    Slow start to the day here.
    Sun, Sea

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 6th May 19, 7:44 AM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 13,893 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    • 6th May 19, 7:44 AM
    Morning all,

Hi Nicki, I wasn't here when you were last around, so hi. Fibrosis mean, a few friends have this, hope you get it under control soon. Hope your son gets through a-levels well, what a stressful time.

#operationpotty - No bed sheets to change today, dream wee at 10:45pm, and mummy getting up as soon as she heard him at 5:50am has led to a dry bed. Woooooohooooo. Let's see how today goes. Wish us luck.

Quote from the fireplace fitter has arrived, so hubby needs to crack on with sorting that out - I need a date so I can line all the other stuff up.

House needs a good tidy round, food shopping needs doing and we need to be brave and leave the house with Pickle in pants.

Have a good bank hol everyone - just a nor,al day for us really

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
    • Valli
    • By Valli 6th May 19, 7:44 AM
    • 21,371 Posts
    • 241,334 Thanks
    Valli
    Nicki I was thinking about you *cue Twilight zone music*. How are Johanne and Pumpkin? (Thinking about Toots too)

3rd washload on. JJTF (((hugs)))

Honey Bear... can't help thinking of lyrics from Layla... you got me on my knees. Doubt the next line was 'scrubbing the carpet' though.

3rd washload on. DW is on too. Finally got my arris in gear and listed more flingage on eBay. Finished the left front last night, too. So need to do sleeves and band then sew. Note to self - buy buttons. Baby due a week tomorrow on what would have been my sisters 55th birthday. Fingers crossed for due day delivery!

I've entered a competition on savers Facebook page in the hope that if I win a certain Flylady could use the prize.
    Last edited by Valli; 06-05-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 6th May 19, 7:51 AM
    • 5,615 Posts
    • 62,935 Thanks
    Jazee
    • 6th May 19, 7:51 AM
    • 6th May 19, 7:51 AM
    LR dusted, doctors appointment sorted for DH and Just having crumpet for breakfast.

Think I'm going to fly in my dressing gown and just get dressed for going out this afternoon.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 6th May 19, 9:22 AM
    • 4,822 Posts
    • 40,430 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    • 6th May 19, 9:22 AM
    • 6th May 19, 9:22 AM
    Morning all

Hi Nicki I confess I dont remember much from 2016 but lovely to see an old friend on here. Sounds like you have a lot going on!

Struggling with tiredness and feeling cold. Thyroid medication was increased 2 weeks ago so it should be taking effect soon. Anxiety is through the roof too, lots of pressure at work which I am not dealing with very well, then I get annoyed with myself about it!

DS1 has got a six week trial doing his dream job with a very good employer and DS2 is coasting along towards his A levels. DS1 is moving home for a while so I am a little apprehensive about this, he doesnt really want to come back but it makes sense for now. I love him to bits but he will want to treat the place like a hotel which causes tension.

I am working at home today, not compulsory but I have a lot to do and I can bank some hours. Not very motivated though. House is reasonably clean and tidy but kitchen does need a clean.

Hope you get more news about OH JoJo.
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 6th May 19, 9:46 AM
    • 468 Posts
    • 5,385 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Morning all,
    Not a bank holilday here but it is on Wednesday so not complaining!
    Back after weekend in other house with more washing too, mainly towels and a bit of bedding so not difficult. WM already on, bags unpacked and place is generally tidy. Pellet stove has been cleaned out, had better go and refill it or it will run out tonight just when we want it and no one wants to go to the garage to get more chips.
    Finances for last month have just been updated, so that is expenses up to date, but stil need to do the savings spreadsheet.
    DD1 goes back to her own place tomorrow so trying to make sure her last few bits of washing are up to date. It's been nice having her around but will also be nice to have the place to ourselves again and hopefully can get on track with slinky.
    Off to diy shop for bathroom man now

Hugs to all that need. Xx
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 6th May 19, 10:06 AM
    • 5,997 Posts
    • 57,945 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Welcome back, Nicki. Sorry about the firbro diagnosis, but at least that means appropriate therapies can be introduced.
    Jojo, just (((hugs))).
    (((Hugs))) YL.

Jazee:
    'Patience is a virtue,
    Possess it if you can,
    Seldom seen in women,
    and Never in a man.'

Honey Bear... can't help thinking of lyrics from Layla... you got me on my knees. Doubt the next line was 'scrubbing the carpet' though.
    Originally posted by Valli

I hear that guitar riff every time I use her name! OH now wants to call her Jumble. Tricky, as she's answering to Layla already!

Today will be spent mostly sorting cupboards and shelves in my office ready for the books and other treasures. I can't wait; this is the culmination of years of work, and the whole point of Hovel to Haven. Getting my treasures out of the attic at last. I've really missed them. At the same time over the past few weeks I've made a lot of decisions about letting go of the past. Stuff will be going to the sale rooms and I already feel a lot less burdened things that I felt I should have some feelings for but really don't.
    Keeping it AF
    • nicki
    • By nicki 6th May 19, 10:15 AM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 88,423 Thanks
    nicki
    Morning all.

Just popping in to kill some time while I wait for a builder and Mr A to turn up.

Jojo - Hope your OH returns

Jazee - Thanks

Kaz - Thanks. I have been very busy, but not much to show for it

WTMA - Hi It is mean. It's as under control as it can be. I'm learning to pace myself better and do this weird thing for me called resting

Valli - Johanne is good. Pumpkin is now 11 and off to senior school in September and there is also a DS who has just turned 6. Seems like yesterday that they were born

Yorkshirelass - I only remember it was 2016 as I looked at my last post on the User CP. I didn't realise it was so long ago.

HoneyBear - I'm not sorry about the fibro, I thought I'd started menopause at 38 and had arthritis as they were the other options. BUT I've proved the doctors wrong, they've spent the past 10-ish years telling me it was my weight and/or my blood pressure and/or my age Now we know better.

I didn't get to bed until 1.30am, was still awake at 2.30am and woke up at 6am. I've got to love when my sporadic insomnia kicks in. It then took me until 7am to get out of bed as I was cold despite the heating being on so I was stiff and sore. Anyways, breakfast done, most of my dailies are done, some admin on the computer for work/the builder done and I'm showered. I'm holding off on the laundry until the showers have stopped as I'd like to get as much of it dry outside as possible. Mr A is due any time so I'm going to try and wash out the fridge before it gets here. Lots of fresh stuff to go in there so it needs it.

List update:
    Dailies:
    Bathroom S&S (MTWTFSS)
    Bedrooms - beds made and tidied x2 (MTWTFSS)
    WM x1 (or more if playing catch up) (MTWTFSS)
    Livingroom picked up before bed (MTWTFSS)
    Kitchen S&S (MTWTFSS)
    Personal Email (MTWTFSS)
    Finances updated (MTWTFSS)
    Bujo updated for next day (SMTWTFSS)

Monday Personal :
    Builder here 9.30am
    Work (Newsletters printed, books out, customers text, deliveries made)
    Mr A delivery - 11am-12pm out for delivery since about 8am so it's now due 10.20-11.10
    Finish weekly reset
    DS ready for school.
    Throws/covers back on sofas
    Change beds / remake - DS's bed stripped. I'll change mine later.

Killer Kitchen - Monday
    Level One

Get that radio on super-blast... - Opting for my audiobook instead IF DS doesn't have another headache
    Level Two
    Sweep and Mop the floor
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from WM's - Will do AFTER I've done the laundry
    Level Three
    Clean oven/hob
    Extras
    • Binbag dance!
    • HHI .. - Completed by DS on Sunday but no doubt something will appear...
    • Clean windows and sill
    Going to get the vacuuming done downstairs. We have a lot of dust bunnies!!

Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 6th May 19, 10:26 AM
    • 1,731 Posts
    • 5,466 Thanks
    SSDD23
    Morning everyone

I didn't have to be up until about 8 but OH and kids had to be up at 6:30 and out of the house by 7:30 so naturally I had to be up too...

So,
    - DW emptied
    - WUALTD breakfast bits
    - Hoovered downstairs from OH's boys football boots yesterday
    - ironed the handful of items that got washed yesterday
    - wiped down sides and cooker in kitchen

Just left to do when I get home:
    - give the bathroom a wipe over
    - clean the oven
    - take out recycling

Over the weekend I managed to mop the kitchen, clean out the fridge, organise the freezer, tidy and organise the kitchen cupboards and hoover the whole house so I started with a clean slate for a change
    Debt Target #09 - £265/£527 (50%)
    Debts busted: 8/10
    NSD Target: 4/15
    Annual Car Costs Fund: £218
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 6th May 19, 10:32 AM
    • 5,615 Posts
    • 62,935 Thanks
    Jazee
    I'm on a roll with no dog walk to fit in. I have:

Dusted bedroom
    Changed bedding which is now on airer
    Done ironing and put everything away
    Cleaned insides of all three bedroom windows
    Done dailies- well DH put the recycling out
    Steam cleaned the hard floors upstairs
    Put the oven shelves to soak in the bath in washing powder as directed by natty.

Just having a cuppa, will then hoover carpets and steam clean the hard floors downstairs.
    • Valli
    • By Valli 6th May 19, 10:42 AM
    • 21,371 Posts
    • 241,334 Thanks
    Valli
    Today will be spent mostly sorting cupboards and shelves in my office ready for the books and other treasures. I can't wait; this is the culmination of years of work, and the whole point of Hovel to Haven. Getting my treasures out of the attic at last. I've really missed them. At the same time over the past few weeks I've made a lot of decisions about letting go of the past. Stuff will be going to the sale rooms and I already feel a lot less burdened things that I felt I should have some feelings for but really don't.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Wooty Wooty Woot Woot!

I have emptied the DW. Pegged out 3 washloads. Made a jelly (to use up OOD jelly tablet. Hidden evidence jelly wrapper. Cleaned the microwave (after zapping with hot water and lemon slices from the freezer) and done a bit of washing up including the MW turntable.

Currently tweaking e bay listings and listing some of what I thought I had listed last night - but I was watching LoD at the same time..
    Last edited by Valli; 06-05-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 6th May 19, 12:24 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 13,618 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Honey Bear you are my inspiration to carry on

Ladies I have an announcement. Are you sitting down? I'm defrosting the freezer!!!!!! Ran down the contents over the past few weeks, took what was left over to Dad's to put in his freezer til the job is done, and I am sat here listening to the satisfying thunk of ice dropping There is a first time for everything

WM x 2 has got rid of Mount Washmore - there'll just be the towels to wash when the freezer job is completed.

Had fried egg sarnies for brunch - all my eggs are double yolkers this week

YL (((hugs))) anxiety is rotten xx

Golly - I hope it is ICE I can hear thunking - better take a look...

Rxx
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 6th May 19, 12:39 PM
    • 5,615 Posts
    • 62,935 Thanks
    Jazee
    Well done all on what you are achieving, especially HB and Round.

Floors all done and quick clean of ovens done

I'm now dressed and having a snack before I get picked up at one.
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 6th May 19, 12:47 PM
    • 15,518 Posts
    • 198,189 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Afternoon all
    Sorry I missed most of last week, I did read through before coming in here. Hugs, good wishes, well dones and commiserations where needed.
    I've been dog sitting for the last few days but he goes back today so I'll miss him. Blitzed the kitchen drawers yesterday and binned/recycled/CSbagged quite a bit. Seedling are coming on well in kitchen window, some kind neighbour's have also offered to give he a few excess plants of theirs to help keep me busy. Washing has been caught up with so ironing to do later. Need to nip round mils but had a bit of a melt down last week after finding out she was throwing away the meals I'm cooking for her and only asked me to do them as she thought I needed keeping busy! GRRRR! Had a pile of crafting stuff to finish off so completed all that, it can now be donated to the hospital next time I go. Have loads of bags ready for the CS but need a way if getting them there, may have to wait till half term and ask dd3.
    Had a scare last week as I reaslised I'd let the insurance go out of date but thankfully all sorted now.

Got my performance management review tomorrow, wish me luck. I'm praying it goes well as I need my contract renewing in July or I'm really up the creek.

Right better nip round mils (can I still call her that ) then I have some crochet to do, I found the wool cakes that DH bought me on holiday last year, do I'm making a nice crocheted blanket with them.
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 06-05-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • Valli
    • By Valli 6th May 19, 2:36 PM
    • 21,371 Posts
    • 241,334 Thanks
    Valli
    flipping heck (and that's edited) THROWING FOOD AWAY AND ONLY ASKING YOU TO COOK BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT YOU NEEDED KEEPING BUSY? ffs Mrs MP. Kudos to you for not throttling her.

Washing in off line because the rain's arrived.
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 6th May 19, 2:40 PM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 13,618 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Freezer defrosted Well, that was relatively painless

Towels are swishing. So much for the end of Mount Washmore though - spied DS's floordrobe when I went in to his room for a drinks bottle that needs washing... floordrobe is now depleted, Mount Washmore reigns again May bring the rest down and get it washed before he returns from his hols. We'll see.

Back to work tomorrow Need to buy petrol on the way in, and drop off charity box, pay rent, call at Dad's on my way home - I'll get May set up in my bujo to save me having to remember everything in my head. Better late Ö

Hope you are all safe, warm and dry. That's always a good start

Hugs
    Rxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,303Posts Today

7,903Users online

Martin's Twitter