Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 5th Apr 19, 11:00 AM
    • 168Posts
    • 64Thanks
    familyguy321
    Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg
    • 5th Apr 19, 11:00 AM
    Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg 5th Apr 19 at 11:00 AM
    Hi all,

As the registered keeper (RK), a family member has received a parking charge notice from a PPC for allegedly 'no payment/ticket'. The driver is adamant that payment was made and that the vehicle registration number may have been entered incorrectly. The RK is determined to fight the charge. Unfortunately, the RK is not able to produce the parking ticket as evidence.

I intend to visit the car park this weekend to take pictures of signs. Could someone advise:

1. What should I look for specifically with the signs?

2. Would it be worth asking the PPC to provide a record of all number plates that were entered in the time period the vehicle was in the car park?

3. Anything else that can help appeal the charge?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    FG
    Last edited by familyguy321; 19-01-2020 at 1:17 AM.
Page 9
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 4th Sep 19, 10:03 AM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 2,684 Thanks
    MistyZ
    You must be fuming!

I presume this wonderful piece of ..... whatever .... will be permissible evidence for you at the court stage(?). Certainly hope so.

If it comes to court I'd like to be there for this one. I'd keep quiet I promise.
    Last edited by MistyZ; 04-09-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 7th Sep 19, 11:43 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    I certainly hope so too!

Have now received the first of what I'm sure will be several letters from ZZPS. Charge is now 170 (including 70 admin fees).

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 19, 12:36 PM
    • 26,606 Posts
    • 43,724 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ignore any debt collector letters, just file and retain. The only documents that you need to be 'interested' in are a Letter of Claim and/or a court claim from the Northampton CCBC.

Come back on this thread if you get either. Meantime do read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 for everything you need to know about the entire court process. The better you prepare, the more ready you are to deal with anything they throw at you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 7th Sep 19, 1:16 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    Thanks. How long does it take on average to receive letter of claim?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 19, 1:55 PM
    • 26,606 Posts
    • 43,724 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks. How long does it take on average to receive letter of claim?
    Originally posted by familyguy321
    How long is a piece of string? Maybe a month or so, but any time up to 6 years. There really isn't any pattern to this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Nixson212
    • By Nixson212 7th Sep 19, 6:10 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Nixson212
    Received my ZZPS letter last week as well ignored as mine is still at POPLA appeal stage waiting on OPS to provide their evidence. Think they are trying to squeeze as much as possible as they have lost operatorship of that particular car park.
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 18th Sep 19, 8:41 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    Received my ZZPS letter last week as well ignored as mine is still at POPLA appeal stage waiting on OPS to provide their evidence. Think they are trying to squeeze as much as possible as they have lost operatorship of that particular car park.
    Originally posted by Nixson212
    Hi Nixson,

Have OPS provided their evidence as yet?
    • Nixson212
    • By Nixson212 18th Sep 19, 11:57 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Nixson212
    Hi FG,

Recieved email yesterday confirming OPS will not contest the appeal and withdrew tails between their legs! Threw the lot in to the POPLA including land owner auth especially as the operator had changed.
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 18th Sep 19, 10:03 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    Excellent!! Congratulations bud. So glad to hear that's at least one less person they are going after.

FG
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 8th Oct 19, 1:22 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    Letter received from QDR solicitors, on behalf of OPS, who are threatening to obtain a CCJ if payment not made within 14 days.

I take it advise is to still ignore?

FG
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Oct 19, 1:45 PM
    • 26,824 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    Ignore anything with 14 days

Read the for guidelines from a couple of years ago

A proper LoC gives 30 days and includes financial forms

Anything else is debt collection which is dealt with by post #4 of the newbies thread

This advice has been written thousands of times on here already , groundhog day
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • familyguy321
    • By familyguy321 13th Jan 20, 9:42 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    familyguy321
    Quick update - letter received from QDR with the heading 'FORMAL LETTER OF CLAIM' and some forms including statement of account, information sheet and reply form. They say a financial statement is also included but I could not find it in the envelope.

30 days have been given to respond.

I take it this is the same as a 'LETTER BEFORE CLAIM'? Only asking as I know these firms have a way with making things look official....i..e Parking Charge Notice and Penalty Charge Notice
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 20, 10:20 PM
    • 19,626 Posts
    • 25,050 Thanks
    KeithP
    I take it this is the same as a 'LETTER BEFORE CLAIM'?
    Originally posted by familyguy321
    Yes it is.

To deal with it follow the guidance towards the beginning of post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
    • Rashbag1
    • By Rashbag1 15th Jan 20, 1:21 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rashbag1
    Wrong vehicle registration
    I too put in the wrong vehicle registration. I relied on my Contacts list in my IPhone, paid the 6 and left the NCP Stanmore LU Station. I appealed to this PCN immediately saying that I had proof of payment but heard nothing for two months until I received the first of 4 payment requests from ZZPS. Each time I replied to them sending the relevant proof of payment, proof of previous ownership of the original vehicle, proof of ownership of the present vehicle to no avail. Today I have received a letter from QDR Solicitors requesting payment, now 182. Your help and advise would be most welcome.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 15th Jan 20, 1:26 PM
    • 3,401 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

go to the newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

dealing with more that one enquiry per thread only leads to confusion

then visit the start page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

where you will find the 'new thread button '

other useful info

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near the bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.

NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

Ralph
    • Rashbag1
    • By Rashbag1 15th Jan 20, 1:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rashbag1
    Many thanks, will follow your advise
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jan 20, 1:28 PM
    • 16,422 Posts
    • 17,364 Thanks
    The Deep
    Today I have received a letter from QDR Solicitors requesting payment, now 182.

Have you read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

Have they added an unlawful 60? If so complain here

https://www.sra.org.uk/
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Rashbag1
    • By Rashbag1 15th Jan 20, 1:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rashbag1
    It has increased from 100 PC, plus 70 admin fee to 182, so only 12 more
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 1:58 PM
    • 6,299 Posts
    • 8,355 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    The 70 admin fee is the damned infaltion, the inflation has been further inflated to 82...
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jan 20, 2:41 PM
    • 26,824 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    It's also irrelevant what the figure is , if a judge says it's not allowed , it's not allowed
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

6,719Users online

Martin's Twitter