Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg

edited 19 January 2020 at 1:17AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
255 replies 9.6K views

Replies

• familyguy321familyguy321 Forumite
    197 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Just had a re-read of my appeal and I didn't refer to landowner contract.

https://www.docdroid.net/O0uOX8h/popla-appeal-redacted.pdf

How would you suggest I word the response to get around this?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't.

You are likely to lose at POPLA now and must defend it in court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You can't.

You are likely to lose at POPLA now and must defend it in court.

If it goes to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely refute OPS' statement that the machine 'clearly provides instructions about how to make payment for parking ...'. Do so in line with what was said in your POPLA appeal. Might as well go out fighting.

You probably feel like kicking yourself. That landowner section really should have been in the POPLA appeal. Personally I'm still hoping for a miracle!

Anyway, no self-kicking allowed, just more fighting back. I hear that judges take a dim view of PPCs pursuing motorists for entering incorrect VRNs.

You've so nearly got there with this but kind of slipped up at key points. What can you do to tighten up? As an ex-teacher may I recommend a note book? Either on your computer or a paper one. Look up how to defend this in court and make notes with references. You will become an expert! Everyone does when the chips are down.
    197 posts
    I've had another look through the evidence and there is a case summary pdf which I've uploaded here: https://pdfhost.io/v/n1QLwi7dx_111258612_CSRpdf.pdf

One particular point caught my attention.
    3.The Client is authorised to manage the Site by way of an operating contact between them and the landowners (Evidenced).

They do not provide evidence of the contract. Is this a point worth highlighting in my POPLA response?

FG
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had another look through the evidence and there is a case summary pdf which I've uploaded here: https://pdfhost.io/v/n1QLwi7dx_111258612_CSRpdf.pdf

One particular point caught my attention.

They do not provide evidence of the contract. Is this a point worth highlighting in my POPLA response?

FG

Why not, you've nothing to lose by doing so.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 4 July 2019 at 9:02AM
    familyguy321familyguy321 Forumite
    197 posts
    edited 4 July 2019 at 9:02AM
    OPS just submitted their reply on POPLA and attached a load of evidence. Need to respond within 7 days. Can we still fight this?
    MistyZ wrote: »
    Definitely refute OPS' statement that the machine 'clearly provides instructions about how to make payment for parking ...'. Do so in line with what was said in your POPLA appeal. Might as well go out fighting.

You probably feel like kicking yourself. That landowner section really should have been in the POPLA appeal. Personally I'm still hoping for a miracle!

Anyway, no self-kicking allowed, just more fighting back. I hear that judges take a dim view of PPCs pursuing motorists for entering incorrect VRNs.

You've so nearly got there with this but kind of slipped up at key points. What can you do to tighten up? As an ex-teacher may I recommend a note book? Either on your computer or a paper one. Look up how to defend this in court and make notes with references. You will become an expert! Everyone does when the chips are down.

MistyZ, thanks for the feedback and advice. I tried my best with my initial POPLA appeal and read the newbie thread as advised. I did make notes and no one had mentioned about including the landowner section.

• Manxman_in_exileManxman_in_exile Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies if this is irrelevant (I seem to have strayed onto the Parking Board by mistake...)

I assume the RK paid by cash rather than by card? Otherwise your bank would have a record of the payment and I would have thought would be able to tell you who the payee was? (My bank has certainly helped me in that respect in the past).

Stable doors etc., but that's one reason why I pay everything by card. (I was nearly caught out the other day when getting proof of posting at a PO and only had just enough cash to pay for a first class stamp).

As I say, apologies as I'm sure this must already have been covered (?).
  • edited 4 July 2019 at 9:19AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    32.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2019 at 9:19AM
    MistyZ, thanks for the feedback and advice. I tried my best with my initial POPLA appeal and read the newbie thread as advised. I did make notes and no one had mentioned about including the landowner section.

Read through my posts about popla appeals and you will find it mentioned in dozens of hundreds of them

Read post #3 of the newbies thread and Landowner Authority is mentioned with a link too so it's definitely there

Yes mention the lack of the evidenced authority from their bundle, because they have not included it so have not proved their landowner authority

It's probably your best rebuttal
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    197 posts
    Redx wrote: »
    Read through my posts about popla appeals and you will find it mentioned in dozens of hundreds of them

Read post #3 of the newbies thread and Landowner Authority is mentioned with a link too so it's definitely there

Yes mention the lack of the evidenced authority from their bundle, because they have not included it so have not proved their landowner authority

It's probably your best rebuttal

Redx,

Based on your experience, could you help with the wording for the landowner authority evidence in my rebuttal? I don't want to mess up again :(