Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,442Posts
    • 4,906Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 6:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 43
    • bazwaldo
    • By bazwaldo 14th Jun 19, 1:24 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    bazwaldo

There is someone on hotukdeals (might be on here too?) who has managed an amazing 10k worth.
    Originally posted by crumpetman

Birthdays and xmas sorted for the next ten years.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 14th Jun 19, 1:45 PM
    • 2,387 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Birthdays and xmas sorted for the next ten years.
    Originally posted by bazwaldo
    Surely the next 50 years? At least.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 1:59 PM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    How many Lloyds accounts had you already got when you tried to apply for another? You can only have up to 10 current accounts open with each of the LBG brands at one time.
    Originally posted by Ed-1
    I understood the limit was three at any one time (from comments on MSE?), so stuck to that (opening replacement accounts when the old one disappeared off the system).
    Last edited by Anon; 14-06-2019 at 2:02 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 2:01 PM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    At the time I had above mentioned problem, only 1 of each Halifax/BOS/Lloyds, Bulk of accounts opened to switch to Santander were via them,did only open 1 at a time, never had more than two Lloyds/BOS open at any one time with 1 of each generally switching out.

When my only remaining Lloyds C/A switched out I did try and open another - same problem, will only lose sleep over it if Lloyds Bank offer a switch incentive ( which they never do)

Re LBG, I just hold 1 Halifax C/A now
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Have you had any explanation from them or are you not pursuing to find out whether the decision can be reversed?
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jun 19, 2:17 PM
    • 11,034 Posts
    • 10,328 Thanks
    colsten
    Out of interest, which bank has no limit please? I believe 3 seems to be the limit (at any one time) on many bank platforms?
    Originally posted by Anon
    The most I have had concurrently with a single bank is 11. In self-preservation, I won't reveal their name to protect my still existing accounts (less than 11 but more than 3) with them.

I know that Nationwide and Santander still allow at least 4. Santander used to have no limits, and I had 6 with them for a long time, even after they reduced the number of 123 accounts you could have.

This is all sole accounts - at all banks, you can have at least 1 if not more joint accounts, in addition to the sole accounts.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Jun 19, 2:20 PM
    • 13,742 Posts
    • 152,314 Thanks
    Anon
    The most I have had concurrently with a single bank is 11. In self-preservation, I won't reveal their name to protect my still existing accounts (less than 11 but more than 3) with them.

I know that Nationwide and Santander still allow at least 4. Santander used to have no limits, and I had 6 with them for a long time, even after they reduced the number of 123 accounts you could have.

This is all sole accounts - at all banks, you can have at least 1 if not more joint accounts, in addition to the sole accounts.
    Originally posted by colsten

The Santander limit seems to be 5 from reports on here and elsewhere (and personal experience with application 6 getting rejected!).
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Jun 19, 2:21 PM
    • 7,886 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Have you had any explanation from them or are you not pursuing to find out whether the decision can be reversed?
    Originally posted by Anon

It may well be some kind of bar linked to Identity as ID score gets hit by making loads of online account applications, just over week ago switched Barclays out, applied for new Barclays which was accepted was asked ID questions based on Infomation held by Equifax, multiple choice questions like which of these Banks might you have opened an account with during May, I was pretty sure two options given were correct answer

Currently I still have online access to Lloyds Monthly savers, can move funds in and out, if that changes I will phone asking for funds to be sent to me/my external account and then I will say reason for not currently holding a L.B C/A
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 14th Jun 19, 3:31 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    mummyof5
    I have now received all my codes due.
    The ones I received today were claimed on 31.05.19 and 05.06.19.
    It appears they are having a good sort out to get all outstanding claims paid !
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jun 19, 3:41 PM
    • 11,034 Posts
    • 10,328 Thanks
    colsten
    I have now received all my codes due.
    The ones I received today were claimed on 31.05.19 and 05.06.19.
    It appears they are having a good sort out to get all outstanding claims paid !
    Originally posted by mummyof5
    There are lots more claims from after June 5 outstanding. All of them well within the up to three weeks they said it would take.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 14th Jun 19, 4:22 PM
    • 6,424 Posts
    • 2,775 Thanks
    roddydogs
    Surely the next 50 years? At least.
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    Their only valid for 10 yrs.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 14th Jun 19, 4:29 PM
    • 2,387 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Their only valid for 10 yrs.
    Originally posted by roddydogs
    Oh. Yes.

(do Amazon sell anything that has a long sell-by date and won't look obsolete in 50 years time?)
    • crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 14th Jun 19, 7:58 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    crumpetman
    I'm fairly sure that if you return something that was bought with gift voucher that amazon issue a new gift credit to your account, thus another ten years til expiry.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 14th Jun 19, 8:03 PM
    • 2,603 Posts
    • 4,697 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    And if you return too much stuff, they can close your account, so I've heard. Which may or may not include a gift card balance?!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 14th Jun 19, 9:43 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    crumpetman
    True, I have heard the same thing but not seen it first hand.

The return/refund question should be hypothetical anyway, even with hundreds/thousands of pounds to spend at Amazon over the next decade I should think most people can find something worthwhile to spend given the range of products offered.

I tend not to redeem my gift vouchers until I intend to spend them, that way I can gift them to other people to use on their accounts too.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Jun 19, 10:49 PM
    • 2,937 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    harz99
    Not happy to be contacted via PM by a poster on this thread, and asked to pay them 10 each for using two of our codes which were on offer, greedy or what!
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 15th Jun 19, 12:18 AM
    • 7,886 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Not happy to be contacted via PM by a poster on this thread, and asked to pay them 10 each for using two of our codes which were on offer, greedy or what!
    Originally posted by harz99

I have helped out several MSE members using their RAF codes for a 10.00 incentive, being as you had so many codes so near to end of the promotion with codes easy to come by I hoped by making the suggestion that I made might help you out to gain 100.00 in Amazon gift certificate credit that you might not otherwise get.

Edit so as not to add another post, even with post edits/deletions on other thread, there are posts with incentives offered to use someones codes/more than 1 person including me has posted on the thread asking if anyone is willing to offer an incentive for using a Santander RAF code, reason I sent PM rather than posting on the other thread it has subsequently been made very clear only 1 post can be made on the other thread, I apologise to harz99 for any offence caused by the PM
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 15-06-2019 at 8:02 AM.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 15th Jun 19, 4:47 AM
    • 2,937 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    harz99
    I have helped out several MSE members using their RAF codes for a 10.00 incentive, being as you had so many codes so near to end of the promotion with codes easy to come by I hoped by making the suggestion that I made might help you out to gain 100.00 in Amazon gift certificate credit that you might not otherwise get.
    Firstly, if we'd agreed it would be an 80 gain for us not 100, secondly that's not how we personally do things, nor I suspect is it MSE's - mutual gain is fine with no money changing hands, a charity donation after the event was successful maybe, but finally please don't try and kid us that you are helping us out!
    Last edited by harz99; 15-06-2019 at 4:58 AM.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 15th Jun 19, 7:27 AM
    • 7,886 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    18 June
    Answer I have had is that the intention is for the claim screen to be available until 5pm on 18th.
    • bazwaldo
    • By bazwaldo 15th Jun 19, 7:47 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    bazwaldo
    It is quite common for incentives to be offered on referrals. For some reason, which i can't fathom, it is perfectly fine on some threads, but not on others. This is usually viewed as being beneficial to both parties. I can't see how anybody being asked if they would like to offer an incentive for their codes to be used would find this offensive, especially with the fact that there is precious little time left for them to be used and will almost certainly go unused which will make the person left with the codes out of pocket, even if the net gain would have been less than the codes viewed worth.
    • bazwaldo
    • By bazwaldo 15th Jun 19, 8:02 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    bazwaldo
    Answer I have had is that the intention is for the claim screen to be available until 5pm on 18th.
    Then, my claim for switch completing after the 18th will be done @ 4.45pm on the 18th. , with fingers and everything else crossed as it sails away to the claim dept.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,495Posts Today

7,154Users online

Martin's Twitter