Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have received two referree and one referrer emails today - one referree again with the wrong gender, so I wonder if that is the one where we haven't received the referrer (the same as the other three wrongly labelled and missing referrer emails/codes).
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gavindoc27 wrote: »
    Oddly I received a voucher today for one of my switches in (to my now closed account)!
    Which tends to suggest that Santander are keeping to the T&c's of the offer despite branding you a green eyed monster from the depths.
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, I am a little confused about someone on here saying switches need to be instigated by 18th May, but elsewhere it seems to indicate that the last date of claim is 18th June. I am wondering exactly when to start the switch from my Tesco accounts, ie after May interest is paid, or chance it until after the June interest is paid at the beginning of the month.
    I would be interested to hear what other Tesco peeps are planning:think:
  • DJSINGH
    DJSINGH Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The last date of switching:

Your friend should switch their personal current account to a 1l2l3, 1l2l3 Lite, Everyday, Select, or Private current account using our Current Account Switching Service by 18 June 2019

However, best not to leave until last day, as:

When your friend or family member has switched they can claim the Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards for both of you here on our site. They’ll need to do this before 18 June 2019.
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    I think you are getting confused, the last day to request referral codes is the 18th May (though can be withdrawn earlier) and switch and claim is the 18th June.

I've got my Tesco switching on the 11th June. I did request the 3rd on my application but made mistake as I thought it was the date to complete not start switch when choosing the date.
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you are right. I was getting confused between when to request the referral codes, versus the date to make the switch.

That being said, I worry that if leaving until the beginning of June, the offer might be withdrawn by then.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    movingon wrote: »
    Yes you are right. I was getting confused between when to request the referral codes, versus the date to make the switch.

That being said, I worry that if leaving until the beginning of June, the offer might be withdrawn by then.

Mine and Mrs Z-man's Tesco accounts (4 in total) are in the process of switching already - we will lose a month or so in interest (£7 ish for each account) but we didn't want to risk going in too late or risk Santander pulling the incentive (equiv of £100 for each account) offer early.
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    It actually states on the T&C's that the codes will remain valid until the 18th June. So I can't see them ending the incentive before that date, otherwise they would have stated in the T&C's like in the obtaining the codes (may be withdrawn before 18th May).

They could possibly change the T&C's i.e.requirements or 1 per person, but I would imagine that this could only apply to new switches not yet in place.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Mine and Mrs Z-man's Tesco accounts (4 in total) are in the process of switching already - we will lose a month or so in interest (£7 ish for each account) but we didn't want to risk going in too late or risk Santander pulling the incentive (equiv of £100 for each account) offer early.
    I know you know what you mean (:)) but for the benefit of others who may not be so clued up, one would halve these losses by putting the cash in a circa 1.5% AER savings account. Conveniently Tesco have one. :)

Personally we have made 3 switches each so far, but only been 'paid' for 1 each (the second being today for an 8/4 switch).

I'm not going with the Tesco switches just yet, until I confirm multiple cross-firing referrals get paid out. Most of our remaining switches were made from 9/4 to 16/4, so hopefully we won't have long to wait...unless they're only actioning the payouts once per month?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I know you know what you mean (:)) but for the benefit of others who may not be so clued up, one would halve these losses by putting the cash in a circa 1.5% AER savings account. Conveniently Tesco have one. :)

Indeed they do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport