Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • David Cermicle
    • By David Cermicle 17th Oct 18, 2:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    David Cermicle
    Simba mattress
    • 17th Oct 18, 2:18 PM
    Simba mattress 17th Oct 18 at 2:18 PM
    Be warned the returns process is not as advertised, be prepared to spend lots of time sending emails, making phone calls, being let down on collection days etc.. basically anything possible to push you outside of the return policy terms as which point your correspondence will be completely ignored.
    The product is poor, very soft and quick to damage/fail, most of the positive reviews are from biased incentivised consumers. For those that buy, good luck getting your money back
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 17th Oct 18, 3:07 PM
    • 6,898 Posts
    • 15,034 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 17th Oct 18, 3:07 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 3:07 PM
    Be warned the returns process is not as advertised, be prepared to spend lots of time sending emails, making phone calls, being let down on collection days etc.. basically anything possible to push you outside of the return policy terms as which point your correspondence will be completely ignored.
    The product is poor, very soft and quick to damage/fail, most of the positive reviews are from biased incentivised consumers. For those that buy, good luck getting your money back
    Originally posted by David Cermicle
    There are about 6 'best every' mattresses being advertised by Youtubers and bloggers who got them for free. Of course its all rubbish. I cant personally trust the idea of a mattress coming rolled up all skinny! Its gonna end up back like that sooner or later
    • Alisha2008
    • By Alisha2008 17th Oct 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Alisha2008
    • 17th Oct 18, 4:03 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 4:03 PM
    Nothing wrong with rolled skinny mattresses... we got a spring one from Ikea and it's really good, took 3 days to recover the shape though!

I've always been curious about these online mattresses but I think I will stick to something I can test first even if it's 5 min in a shop.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 18th Oct 18, 7:54 PM
    • 9,328 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    meer53
    • 18th Oct 18, 7:54 PM
    • 18th Oct 18, 7:54 PM
    I bought my Simba mattress after trying it at John Lewis. The sales person at John Lewis wasn't interested in serving me, i had to interrupt their chat with their colleague, then when i asked about ordering one, they said it was out of stock. I went home and ordered online from Simba, it came the next day. No way i would send mine back, i love it. No, i'm not being paid by Simba, i've had my mattress 18 months and had no issues with it at all.
    • tomo1947
    • By tomo1947 5th Nov 18, 4:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tomo1947
    • 5th Nov 18, 4:07 PM
    • 5th Nov 18, 4:07 PM
    Hi......there are many people including me, complaining about the Simba mattress, ours has developed two dips with the centre remaining at the original level. It is now very unsupportive and stresses joints in the wrong direction when lying on your side. The Guardian has supported one owners complaint and lets see what other consumer groups can do ....
    • Moglex
    • By Moglex 6th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    Moglex
    • 6th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    I've had mine ages and am extremely pleased with it.
    • matmidgley
    • By matmidgley 6th Nov 18, 11:00 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    matmidgley
    • 6th Nov 18, 11:00 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 11:00 PM
    We have had ours for 6 months and still pleased with it.
    • photome
    • By photome 7th Nov 18, 6:59 AM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 9,115 Thanks
    photome
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:59 AM
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:59 AM
    Hi......there are many people including me, complaining about the Simba mattress, ours has developed two dips with the centre remaining at the original level. It is now very unsupportive and stresses joints in the wrong direction when lying on your side. The Guardian has supported one owners complaint and lets see what other consumer groups can do ....
    Originally posted by tomo1947

all double/king size mattresses will be higher in the middle after a time , unless you sleep in the middle of it
    • newmover
    • By newmover 9th Nov 18, 12:28 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    newmover
    • 9th Nov 18, 12:28 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 12:28 PM
    There are about 6 'best every' mattresses being advertised by Youtubers and bloggers who got them for free. Of course its all rubbish. I cant personally trust the idea of a mattress coming rolled up all skinny! Its gonna end up back like that sooner or later
    Originally posted by marliepanda

how do you think mattresses get to your local mattress / bed shop?
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Nov 18, 1:00 PM
    • 6,898 Posts
    • 15,034 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Originally posted by newmover
    In a big wagon?

I have no clue about mattress manufacturing, but I cannot imagine how the mattress I have COULD be rolled up, its just too thick and I know people with far thicker mattresses than mine!

Are you saying all mattresses come rolled?
    • askmeaboutsofas
    • By askmeaboutsofas 9th Nov 18, 1:39 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    askmeaboutsofas
    all double/king size mattresses will be higher in the middle after a time , unless you sleep in the middle of it
    It's usual for most mattresses to soften on the parts you normally sleep on, but it shouldn't be developing a noticeable difference in the height.

Good quality mattresses come in a big plastic bag, laid flat, because they're too big and too rigid to roll up! As a general rule of thumb, the heavier it is the better the quality. But all that really matters is whether you're comfortable on it.
    • photome
    • By photome 10th Nov 18, 9:29 AM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 9,115 Thanks
    photome

do you really believe all matresses are rolled up?

I know mine hasnt been
    • photome
    • By photome 10th Nov 18, 9:31 AM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 9,115 Thanks
    photome
    It's usual for most mattresses to soften on the parts you normally sleep on, but it shouldn't be developing a noticeable difference in the height.

Good quality mattresses come in a big plastic bag, laid flat, because they're too big and too rigid to roll up! As a general rule of thumb, the heavier it is the better the quality. But all that really matters is whether you're comfortable on it.
    Originally posted by askmeaboutsofas

I dont know how it cant, if 2 people sleep on a king size mattress there is quite a large area in the middle which never gets used even when turning and rotating the mattress, doesnt it stand to reason it will stay firmer and therefore slightly higher than the rest of the mattress
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th Nov 18, 9:33 AM
    • 12,026 Posts
    • 8,780 Thanks
    neilmcl
    I'd love to see how anyone could roll up a thick, heavy, pocket sprung mattress.

Most, "normal", mattresses are not delivered to shops rolled up.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Nov 18, 12:14 PM
    • 6,898 Posts
    • 15,034 Thanks
    marliepanda
    I'd love to see how anyone could roll up a thick, heavy, pocket sprung mattress.

Originally posted by neilmcl
    Iím so glad Iím not going crazy!
    • askmeaboutsofas
    • By askmeaboutsofas 10th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    askmeaboutsofas
    doesnt it stand to reason it will stay firmer and therefore slightly higher than the rest of the mattress
    Firmer yes, higher no - at least, not for a good quality mattress. The areas that get use will soften, but they should still pop up when you get off the mattress, because the springs should keep their shape. Unless you're very heavy or the mattress is cheaply made, you shouldn't be seeing a ridge.
    • Alisha2008
    • By Alisha2008 12th Nov 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Alisha2008

Originally posted by neilmcl

I can be done by extracting all the air, but once unrolled its impossible to roll it back. Ikea sprung mattressses come rolled up but once unrolled they are impossible even to bend.
    • photome
    • By photome 12th Nov 18, 4:46 PM
    • 13,617 Posts
    • 9,115 Thanks
    photome
    I can be done by extracting all the air, but once unrolled its impossible to roll it back. Ikea sprung mattressses come rolled up but once unrolled they are impossible even to bend.
    Originally posted by Alisha2008

wont be buying a mattress from ikea then if that is the case

I doubt they are impossible to bend
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 12th Nov 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 2,472 Thanks
    parkrunner

Worked in furniture retail for many years and never had a rolled up matress delivered.
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 12th Nov 18, 5:25 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 2,472 Thanks
    parkrunner
    Originally posted by photome

I sleep on my own in a double bed. My matress is over five years old and is still as flat as a pancake. Was around £500 for the matress if that makes any difference. I also have a four inch layer of foam on top of the matress, again if that makes a difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

7,119Users online

Martin's Twitter