Simba mattress

Options
Be warned the returns process is not as advertised, be prepared to spend lots of time sending emails, making phone calls, being let down on collection days etc.. basically anything possible to push you outside of the return policy terms as which point your correspondence will be completely ignored.
The product is poor, very soft and quick to damage/fail, most of the positive reviews are from biased incentivised consumers. For those that buy, good luck getting your money back

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Be warned the returns process is not as advertised, be prepared to spend lots of time sending emails, making phone calls, being let down on collection days etc.. basically anything possible to push you outside of the return policy terms as which point your correspondence will be completely ignored.
    The product is poor, very soft and quick to damage/fail, most of the positive reviews are from biased incentivised consumers. For those that buy, good luck getting your money back

There are about 6 'best every' mattresses being advertised by Youtubers and bloggers who got them for free. Of course its all rubbish. I cant personally trust the idea of a mattress coming rolled up all skinny! Its gonna end up back like that sooner or later
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nothing wrong with rolled skinny mattresses... we got a spring one from Ikea and it's really good, took 3 days to recover the shape though!

I've always been curious about these online mattresses but I think I will stick to something I can test first even if it's 5 min in a shop.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought my Simba mattress after trying it at John Lewis. The sales person at John Lewis wasn't interested in serving me, i had to interrupt their chat with their colleague, then when i asked about ordering one, they said it was out of stock. I went home and ordered online from Simba, it came the next day. No way i would send mine back, i love it. No, i'm not being paid by Simba, i've had my mattress 18 months and had no issues with it at all.
  • tomo1947
    Options
    Hi......there are many people including me, complaining about the Simba mattress, ours has developed two dips with the centre remaining at the original level. It is now very unsupportive and stresses joints in the wrong direction when lying on your side. The Guardian has supported one owners complaint and lets see what other consumer groups can do ....
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had mine ages and am extremely pleased with it.
  • TherealMandM
    Options
    We have had ours for 6 months and still pleased with it.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    tomo1947 wrote: »
    Hi......there are many people including me, complaining about the Simba mattress, ours has developed two dips with the centre remaining at the original level. It is now very unsupportive and stresses joints in the wrong direction when lying on your side. The Guardian has supported one owners complaint and lets see what other consumer groups can do ....

all double/king size mattresses will be higher in the middle after a time , unless you sleep in the middle of it
  • newmover
    newmover Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    There are about 6 'best every' mattresses being advertised by Youtubers and bloggers who got them for free. Of course its all rubbish. I cant personally trust the idea of a mattress coming rolled up all skinny! Its gonna end up back like that sooner or later

how do you think mattresses get to your local mattress / bed shop?
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    newmover wrote: »

In a big wagon?

I have no clue about mattress manufacturing, but I cannot imagine how the mattress I have COULD be rolled up, its just too thick and I know people with far thicker mattresses than mine!

Are you saying all mattresses come rolled?
  • askmeaboutsofas
    Options
    all double/king size mattresses will be higher in the middle after a time , unless you sleep in the middle of it
    It's usual for most mattresses to soften on the parts you normally sleep on, but it shouldn't be developing a noticeable difference in the height.

Good quality mattresses come in a big plastic bag, laid flat, because they're too big and too rigid to roll up! As a general rule of thumb, the heavier it is the better the quality. But all that really matters is whether you're comfortable on it.
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure