Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chunkrock
    • By chunkrock 13th Sep 18, 8:07 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 103Thanks
    chunkrock
    Please help! ***I WON***
    • 13th Sep 18, 8:07 PM
    Please help! ***I WON*** 13th Sep 18 at 8:07 PM
    ***update and outcome on page 4***

Hey gang

Having a nightmare here...

Randomly did a credit check on myself to see if it was worth applying for credit for something.

Was mortified to see a CCJ against my name from a few months ago.

Did some digging and it was for a parking charge from September 2017; all details about the charge and court etc were sent to my old address.
    I do not understand how this happened as all my details including DVLA were changed over to new address months before the parking charge (and I have proof).
    I am writing to the court to ask the judgement be set aside due to complete unfairness of not even knowing about the charge (the charge in question was a shopping precinct car park late in the evening when all shops were closed and the restaurant we were visiting adjacent to the carpark said we didn't have to pay at that time of night) or the court hearing or the judgement.

Am I in the right? Don't want to pay the set aside fee of 255 to be told I STILL have to pay the 357 and have the black mark against me for 6 years.

A different parking company did the same thing the week I moved (charge disputed and dismissed) so granted I hadn't changed my DVLA details for that one but they managed to trace me through the electoral register; these new guys who took me to court have made no effort but effort shouldn't have been necessary as my details were changed with the DVLA!

What a nightmare; I've never so much as missed a phone bill payment
    Last edited by chunkrock; 10-11-2018 at 1:30 PM.
Page 5
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,536 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can still list the 255 and your other (loss of leave/salary, travel, parking) costs for attending that first hearing, in your costs schedule in preparation for the actual hearing.

Don't lose sight of all your costs as this progresses (or doesn't, if CEL try to slink away and hope you don't pursue your 255). Costs are rarely refunded this early and your draft order asked that they be RESERVED (i.e. a decision to make later), and certainly paid by CEL if they now discontinue...so you've got your ducks in a row if the Judge took any notice of your Draft Order.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,009Posts Today

7,247Users online

Martin's Twitter