Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 4,268Posts
    • 77,764Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 1st Jul 18 at 9:19 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you!!!8230;!!!8230;!!!8230;go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list !!!8211; so that!!!8217;s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra !!!8216;a!!!8217; choice and one Healthy Extra !!!8216;b!!!8217; choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 01-07-2018 at 9:30 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 6
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 5th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 22,042 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Not a good start STS At least it wasnt a gain
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Maman well back, hope you enjoyed your hols?
    I am reporting 1/2lb loss now have to be careful at at the lowest i can be fr my target bubble
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 5th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 39,153 Thanks
    joedenise
    Evening all
    I am reporting 1/2lb loss now have to be careful at at the lowest i can be fr my target bubble
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'd rather be there than where I am at the opposite end of target. It's easier to gain weight than lose it, LOL!

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'd rather be there than where I am at the opposite end of target. It's easier to gain weight than lose it, LOL!

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    too true it is
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs

Jut for you Maman loads of cress
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Vixstar
    • By Vixstar 5th Jul 18, 7:56 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,459 Thanks
    Vixstar
    Pleased to report 3lb off more than I was expecting as half the syns I own up to go on beer. I've seriously upped my exercise this week so it looks like that is countering the alcohol
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Pleased to report 3lb off more than I was expecting as half the syns I own up to go on beer. I've seriously upped my exercise this week so it looks like that is countering the alcohol
    Originally posted by Vixstar
    well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sky_
    • By Sky_ 5th Jul 18, 8:07 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    Sky_
    I hope everyone is well.

I'm reporting a 3.5lb loss. Quite surprised as I haven't been as careful as I should have been, but I'm very happy to finally have a loss, rather than a gain.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 5th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 427,449 Thanks
    tweets
    img upload
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    I hope everyone is well.

I'm reporting a 3.5lb loss. Quite surprised as I haven't been as careful as I should have been, but I'm very happy to finally have a loss, rather than a gain.
    Originally posted by Sky_
    well done
    Originally posted by tweets
    brilliant tweets
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 5th Jul 18, 10:48 PM
    • 2,171 Posts
    • 15,704 Thanks
    greentiger
    Yes, beanie, it was England – and they won.

Oh, Kathryn, you do not have an easy time – ever!

Magnificent losses, Stoke, Vixstar, Sky_ and MissTeach. Well done, bubbs, photographic proof provider that huge meals, prepped the SW way, do deliver weight loss.

Hi, maman, nice to have you back from your holibags.

That shower shampoo warning made my day, tweets, love it!

Well, it’s my turn to be off on holiday shortly. On Monday we are heading to Panama; can’t wait. I hope to still be ‘doing my nosey’ here while I’m away, but not making any promises – you all know me and commitment. In the meantime, I’m eating a lot of ‘wrong’ things because I am shopping from the fridge/freezer (haven’t been near a shop since last Thursday). We have an invitation to DD’s on Saturday for a BBQ too, so that’s another mealtime sorted.
    Last edited by greentiger; 05-07-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Stashbusting 101
    Reading Challenge 18/26
    Film Challenge 16/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Weight Loss eek
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 6th Jul 18, 8:18 AM
    • 3,697 Posts
    • 16,110 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    -1lb for me, at least it is a loss. Well done to the losses declared, wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • Vixstar
    • By Vixstar 6th Jul 18, 1:07 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 2,459 Thanks
    Vixstar
    Gettingtherequickly I've only been doing SW for three weeks so I expect my losses will slow down soon
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Jul 18, 2:43 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 39,153 Thanks
    joedenise
    Getingtherequickly I lost all my weight 1/2lb or 1lb at a time! You'll get there. As Beanie says keep plodding.

Only a couple of weeks until we're off on holiday again, but UK this time! Want to try to lose as much as possible but only have 1 WI before I go so if I'm lucky I can get a couple of pounds off. On plan so far since WI yesterday as long as I don't have any wine tonight!

Today's plan is a Green day:

B - Baked oats; strawberries, raspberries, satsuma
    L - LO roasted veg with fried egg
    D - veggie pasty using potato pastry - 13.5 syns for 2 pasties but hopefully I'll only need one and can have the other one for lunch tomorrow with some salad. Tonight we'll have with boiled potatoes, cabbage & green beans

HEA - milk
    HEB - oats
    Syns - 10g low fat cheese 1.5; 20g butter 7 syns; 40g flour 5

The veggie pasty made with potato pastry is a new recipe for me. It's from the Hairy Dieters Go Veggie. Will let you know if it's worth bothering with or whether I'd better off making proper pies using low fat ready made pastry which is only 4.5 syns per 25g so could easily make a reasonable size pasty for 9 syns.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 6th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    • 18,060 Posts
    • 108,080 Thanks
    maman
    well done vixstar, sky and gtq!

Evening all
    Originally posted by bubbs

Thanks bubbs, we had a really great time and thank you everyone for the welcomes.
    You've done ever so well to have a holiday and then end up way down your target range. I'm green with envy.

it was definitely very off plan whilst on holiday - French bread every day; alcohol syns every day; you get the picture!
    Originally posted by joedenise

Oh yes! I recognise that picture all too well! I'm feeling quite bloated today, it's as if all the naughtiness is catching up with me.

....wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly

I think everyone's different. I averaged a loss of 1.5 lbs. a week getting to target but it wasn't consistent every week. Some weeks a decent loss, others STS and some gains. It's not easy to explain either but I am convinced that being 'good' or 'bad' catches up eventually, just not always on a neat weekly pattern.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with stir fried veg
    D: SW tagliatelle Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan 2 (may be able to offset some from HEA), wine syns.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Jul 18, 5:41 PM
    • 55,443 Posts
    • 222,357 Thanks
    beanielou
    2 lbs off this week.
    Great result MIss Teach
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Jul 18, 5:49 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Not a good start STS At least it wasnt a gain
    Originally posted by Sunflower1227
    Missed this last night thats ok
    Yes, beanie, it was England !!!8211; and they won.

Oh, Kathryn, you do not have an easy time !!!8211; ever!

Magnificent losses, Stoke, Vixstar, Sky_ and MissTeach. Well done, bubbs, photographic proof provider that huge meals, prepped the SW way, do deliver weight loss.

Hi, maman, nice to have you back from your holibags.

That shower shampoo warning made my day, tweets, love it!

Well, it!!!8217;s my turn to be off on holiday shortly. On Monday we are heading to Panama; can!!!8217;t wait. I hope to still be !!!8216;doing my nosey!!!8217; here while I!!!8217;m away, but not making any promises !!!8211; you all know me and commitment. In the meantime, I!!!8217;m eating a lot of !!!8216;wrong!!!8217; things because I am shopping from the fridge/freezer (haven!!!8217;t been near a shop since last Thursday). We have an invitation to DD!!!8217;s on Saturday for a BBQ too, so that!!!8217;s another mealtime sorted.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    Thanks, SW would not be for me if it was sparrow food i love food
    Have a lovely holiday x
    -1lb for me, at least it is a loss. Well done to the losses declared, wish I could achieve a decent amount, but have to accept that it I am going to have to be the tortoise.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    well done thats good, be pleased
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Jul 18, 5:55 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    well done vixstar, sky and gtq!

Thanks bubbs, we had a really great time and thank you everyone for the welcomes.
    You've done ever so well to have a holiday and then end up way down your target range. I'm green with envy.

Oh yes! I recognise that picture all too well! I'm feeling quite bloated today, it's as if all the naughtiness is catching up with me.

I think everyone's different. I averaged a loss of 1.5 lbs. a week getting to target but it wasn't consistent every week. Some weeks a decent loss, others STS and some gains. It's not easy to explain either but I am convinced that being 'good' or 'bad' catches up eventually, just not always on a neat weekly pattern.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with stir fried veg
    D: SW tagliatelle Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan 2 (may be able to offset some from HEA), wine syns.
    Originally posted by maman
    I weighed my self when i came back and according to my scales had gained 8 lb i ate all sorts of crap, chocolate, cake, bread, crisps, whole rack of ribs etc etc but i was really really good when i came back and weighed on the thursday and lost 1 1/2lbthen sts last week aand then 1/2 this week
    2 lbs off this week.
    Great result MIss Teach
    Originally posted by beanielou
    well done x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 16,188 Posts
    • 194,508 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    All I can say, is well done all you losers x

I am sadly bloating again.... I have decided to keep a diary for a few months and then go to see the doctor as it is not normal (before bubbs says it - I know I am not normal... but you know what I mean)

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Jul 18, 6:36 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 39,153 Thanks
    joedenise
    Reporting back about the potato pastry. Was an extremely soft dough and didn't really firm up when wrapped in cling film and left in the fridge. Says to leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I left it about 3 hours but was far too soft to roll out even between 2 sheets of cling film.

I ended up not using all of it as the first quarter I tried to roll out just stuck to the botton sheet and wouldn't peel off.

Used the rest of it to make a plate pie so will have to syn a bit more flour!

The pastry was fine once cooked and DH and I had a quarter each with cabbage, potatoes, cabbage and green beans. Will have the rest of it tomorrow with some salad for lunch.

Will I make it again? I would consider it but would definitely use less milk to mix it, in fact will probably use water the same as when I used to make shortcrust pastry.

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,066Posts Today

7,538Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin