Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 9th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Houtman
    Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+
    • 9th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+ 9th Feb 18 at 2:13 PM
    Please could someone advise me on how a chronically ill individual on low Benefits, can get legal assistance against TalkTalk?
    Since Sept`17,in spite of me phoning them many times,taking many hours of my stressed time,they have made no effort to reimburse and compensate me for incorrect,fabricated billing and an appalling Internet service for 22 months to that date(which they continued to bill me for...I wasn`t stupid enough to pay though).Without Internet or phone for up to a week at a time on many occasions.Open Leech visits galore over many months(neighbour with Sky had around a dozen or more too,but they compensated her very handsomely,so she`s still with them),other neighbours too.Old crumbly copper cables,two cabinets,4 km to the Exchange,while fibre sat in the ground for 5yrs!25m overhead cable replaced by the least smart of Open Leech team,leaving us without Internet&phone connection for a week....they didn`t bother to connect up when they`d finished!In the end I gave the last engineer instructions from an ex-BT engineer to follow for my neighbour`s issues.He duly did so,and then my engineer did the same for my connection.One day TalkTalk/Open Leech fielded two engineers to my property.
    Open Leech continually found Internet capped to 1/2 meg,that`s when it was working...and often even lower.My neighbour had these issues also,they logged them on an app.
    I`ve had a recent medical procedure on my mouth,that is healing very slowly, so phone talking not advisable,in fact it has reopened the old wound.Really stressed and fed up of dozens&dozens of hours going around in circles with the TalkTalk Durban and Philippine crowd,majority of calls I`ve recorded and gawd don`t they expose a web of deceit/lies/fabrication/avoidance/evasion/ignorance on their part.In the last call to TalkTalk,I have on my digital recorder,1hr 41 mins in total,paused to 1hr 09mins,so shows the hold time,Tues 30th Jan,call ended at 1pm,TalkTalk agreed to sort these issues..AGAIN...just as they had on all the other long-winded,handed from pillar-to-post,time-wasting,deliberate avoidance/evasion tactics calls they engage with.In that last call,I had to repeat the whole situation four times.Nobody rang back about these issues,just an answerphone message from an engineer waffling on about if my line was working ok!
    I have only briefly covered the situation,it involves much more skulduggery and the recordings back my claims up.
    22 months of very poor/low/intermittent or no Internet/phone issues.Had to quit uni work due to this.
    Any ideas on how to sort this evil lot out would be gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Houtman; 09-02-2018 at 2:22 PM.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 9th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them about getting legal assistance .
    Or find a lawyer that gives a free initial consultation .They will normally advise if you have a case or not .
    But be clear concise and to the point don't waffle just the facts .
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 9th Feb 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:19 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:19 PM
    Hi Houtman,

Sorry to hear about this situation - can you message over your details so we can look into this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 9th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    Hi Houtman,

Sorry to hear about this situation - can you message over your details so we can look into this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Originally posted by TalkTalk
    Wish I had a for every sorry issued by TalkTalk during my hell with them!
    Please go into your company`s records.I included in my draft above,the date/time of the previous lengthy call logged to your outfit,here it is again.The call duration was 1 hour 41 minutes and ended 1pm Tues 31st Jan.....so you can find it and listen(and hear!).You will have to sit through a total of 32 minutes distorted/worn-out incidental on-hold sound,within that 1hr41mins,this is normal for TalkTalk,I have dozens of similar recordings.You will note the issues outlined by myself to four members of your staff,as they employ TalkTalk`s time-wasting and evasion protocols.If you work for TalkTalk,you will be familiar with what I`m referring to.
    You can resolve(there`s nothing to "solve"),this situation on this wonderful site,so that others can view.I like things out in the open....don`t you?Besides,you`ve not provided any obvious contact details within your message.

Concise details to follow

Houtman
    • TalkTalk
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 10th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    Hi Houtman,

We'd really like to investigate this, we're happy to continue to discuss here but we'd have to take your account details in a more secure way, if you can message these over or contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk), we'll look straight into this for you. If you'd prefer to carry on speaking here afterwards, that's no problem, we'd just need some account details in order to locate your account.

Thanks,
    Becky
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 10th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    Does one have to have a twitter account to do that?
    • By 2010 11th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 4,189 Posts
    • 3,339 Thanks
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    Does one have to have a twitter account to do that?
    Originally posted by Houtman
    Head of Complaints CEO's Office, TalkTalk (CEO), PO Box 672, Salford, M5 0NG.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/phone/talktalk-complaints-contact-details-need-including-email-addresses/
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 9,657 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    After 22 months you should be out of contract. Why are you still with Talk Talk?
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    JJ Egan,thanks for your quick reply.I intend to use the CAB as soon as I`m fit enough to talk with them.I have found them to be mainly very helpful in the past,in fact they provided me with ruling information that is withheld from the hoi polloi,a real eye-opener.
    Yes I`m concise when it matters,and long-winded when it`s called for.
    My one previous experience with free solicitor consultation was a waste of time,but will consider trying them again when fit to do so.

2010.Thanks very much indeed for those important links.The only address I had was for Southampton.
    Looking at that pic,butter wouldn`t melt eh....does she know what a dodgy business she presides over?!

Onomatopoeia99.Yeah,correct.Started out as an 18 month contract,mysteriously morphed into a 24 month one.During one of my many calls to them in trying to resolve the compensation issue(I have that recorded too),they hadn`t realised that the un-requested extension to 24 months had expired at the end of Oct.Now it`s headed well beyond that,but I did complain to have it reinstated twice recently,when they put a bar on it,as I would have been left in the remote countryside without phone or Internet and at risk from health issues.It took a lot of stress,time and energy to get the bar lifted and phone and Internet on again,but I missed appointments and was without food and meds for two days,unable to call my carer.
    I think that the extension beyond two years,from 31st Oct to now,may be their way of trying to accrue brownie points to try and gloss over the appalling service up until 20th Sept,just as they added false billing to load that up to give them some leeway with offering a "goodwill gesture" paltry sum,which I rightly refused.A total insult,incorrect terminology,no accountability admitted,no errors retracted,no formal admission of guilt,no compensation,just lies and avoidance/evasion tactics on their part.

I think TalkTalk need to be taught what a goodwill gesture actually is....and what accountability and responsibility are.

Too ill yesterday,pain,vision loss etc, to do any emailing,same this morning.Need a rest now.Then I need to work out what the hell to do next.

Thanks for the input folks,I used to help people with this sort of malarkey when I was fit,but now i struggle with my own affairs,haha.
    Last edited by Houtman; 12-02-2018 at 1:35 PM.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 9,657 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    I would suggest you make a subject access request to get all the data they hold on you. It costs 10, but given the amount of disputed information it seems like it would be beneficial. Details at the link below:

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/access-information-we-hold-you
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • TalkTalk
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 13th Feb 18, 11:21 AM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    Hi Houtman,

You would need a Twitter account to contact us there, or if you Facebook Message in and ask for Mike (or Becky) we can pick this up there. We really want to get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
    • By 2010 13th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 4,189 Posts
    • 3,339 Thanks
    Hi Houtman,

You would need a Twitter account to contact us there, or if you Facebook Message in and ask for Mike (or Becky) we can pick this up there. We really want to get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
    Originally posted by TalkTalk
    Why don`t you post a link for facebook where he can contact you via messenger?

Also not everyone uses twitter/facebook
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 13th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    Good point 2010,thank you very much for making that valid point
    .....and would someone in my position want their situation broadcast through social media?More to the point,would TT?!

onomatopoeia99,you are a great help,thank you.I will see if I can obtain that information before proceeding.

Possibly the TT help offered on here is genuine,but all my interaction with that company show to the contrary,so forewarned is forearmed,as they say.

I aim to make some headway this week,maybe do a bit more tonight,if fit enough.
    Thanks again.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    .....and would someone in my position want their situation broadcast through social media?More to the point,would TT?!
    Is that not what you're doing at the moment?

They're offering to help on here but you seem reluctant to accept it regardless of your past experiences.
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 13th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    Maybe Colin,do you know my name,which schools I attended,who my friends and relatives are ....shall I continue?

Reluctant is not the right word...like I suggested,I`m proceeding with caution...like I said,forewarned is forearmed.This is a very slippery company and I need to be careful going forward.

Regardless isn`t the right word either,is it?

Do you have shares in TalkTalk?

Anyway,I`ll let you crack on with helping others,I see you`ve been thanked many times so you are a valuable and respected member of this community.

Thanks again to the good folks who have offered constructive advice,much appreciated.The more the merrier,I`ll certainly be following all your advice in tackling this issue,and will engage with TalkTalk once they give me the platform to do so!....after I`ve followed the cautions alluded to previously,thanks to advice received from this great site.
    Ok,I`m going to check out the Competition section,see if there`s any dosh to be won.
    Thanks again everyone
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Feb 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Maybe Colin,do you know my name,which schools I attended,who my friends and relatives are ....shall I continue?

Reluctant is not the right word...like I suggested,I`m proceeding with caution...like I said,forewarned is forearmed.This is a very slippery company and I need to be careful going forward.

Regardless isn`t the right word either,is it?

Do you have shares in TalkTalk?

Anyway,I`ll let you crack on with helping others,I see you`ve been thanked many times so you are a valuable and respected member of this community.

Thanks again to the good folks who have offered constructive advice,much appreciated.The more the merrier,I`ll certainly be following all your advice in tackling this issue,and will engage with TalkTalk once they give me the platform to do so!....after I`ve followed the cautions alluded to previously,thanks to advice received from this great site.
    Ok,I`m going to check out the Competition section,see if there`s any dosh to be won.
    Thanks again everyone
    Ahh, you're one of those people who only want everybody to agree completely with yourself? Woe is me...

I'll leave you to your little rants then because I'm getting the feeling you enjoy being hard done by. Have a nice day.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 13th Feb 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3,189 Posts
    • 19,100 Thanks
    mije1983
    I'm pretty sure the rep meant via private Facebook message, so you wouldn't be broadcasting your situation. MSE doesn't allow company reps to send or receive PMs which is why you have been directed to an alternative social media site.

It goes without saying that a social media team are usually contacted via social media. So if you don't have an account on Facebook or Twitter, then you can contact them by other means that are not social media. They have plenty of 'platforms' to contact them on if social media is not a favourite of yours.

Alternatively, other posters have offered you other advice that doesn't require a social media account.

I now await the inevitable 'you must work for TT', or 'do you have shares in TT' comments to come

• Houtman
    • By Houtman 14th Feb 18, 12:48 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    mije1983,Thanks for expanding on what the rep was unable to convey. I`ve never thought of social media such as Facebook or twitter in the manner of favouritism,but nonetheless I don`t intend creating a Facebook or twitter account,as I don`t pander to the people who have a duty to contact me over these matters...gawd I`ve tried so many times,I have hours of recording attesting to this fact.They have all my details because I`ve been with them for 27 months!I will however search for the "plenty of platforms" you alluded to.
    Yes,I have thanked the other posters for their very useful advice.
    Like I said,I`m doing the groundwork before contacting one of the two reps on here....health permitting.
    Please,if anyone has anything else to add that may be helpful,and doesn`t smack of criticism,I`ll appreciate it,otherwise I will fill in with my results as they materialise.I will try the CAB again tomorrow,but no luck through web chat on the several occasions I tried today.
    This is work in progress.
    • Houtman
    • By Houtman 14th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Houtman
    Has anyone got an email address for the main CAB centre please.I can`t find one anywhere through google.I tried web chat on several occasions yesterday and today,but I just keep getting this message...

"Our advisers are busy right now but please try again later. To find details of your local Citizens Advice office click here."

I already have phone numbers but am unable to talk at the moment due to mouth healing after medical procedure,so email/messaging is my only option

CAB site also states....

"If webchat isn`t available
    You might get a message saying you can send an email instead - an adviser should get back to you within 4 working days."

Nope,no such luck,no email address forthcoming.

Thanks in anticipation
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Instead of going around in circles do what TT rep said .
    Open Twitter or Facebook account contact them once sorted delete accounts .
    CAB may help or point you in the right direction but TT have the information .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,325Users online

Martin's Twitter