Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • micmac22
    • By micmac22 7th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 134Posts
    • 1,037Thanks
    micmac22
    Evans Halshaw Shiremoor 99 admin fee rant
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    Evans Halshaw Shiremoor 99 admin fee rant 7th Feb 18 at 3:07 PM
    Hello Michael don't thing your pm is set up.
    Just a note to thank yourself and the EH customer service team (over the phone) for input.
    I received a phone call from the branch and we agreed to strongly disagree but came to an agreement over the cars.
    1100 part ex.
    No 99 admin charge.
    full tank of diesel.
    Road fund licence tax i paid for with sale of vehicle but No separate receipt given for it (asked for), only mentioned on EH vehicle invoice. wont show as being paid on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ for 5 working days.
    Vehicle MOT showing as 9-4-18 on above site, No MOT paperwork given, sold vehicle without 12 month MOT ? probably been done ? but wont show for 5 working days.
    Had to ask for the V5C/2 new keeper details paper tare off from main V5.
    Told the 200 move a car deposit has been refunded but no receipt given wont show on account till next week.

From a customer point of view these are a lot of things to bug a customers mind for a week, for the sake of pressing the print button when being paid for by EH admin staff. Overall its a shame about pushy sales managers in branch when you have nice (its cold, would you like a cuppa while you look round ) sales staff Stewart, but i suppose its their job.

Would i recommend EH for cars yes, but id probably add not shiremoor sales managers.

Thanks again to the customer service team, hope i dont have to bug you again.

Regards
    Last edited by micmac22; 10-02-2018 at 2:22 PM. Reason: update extra information
Page 2
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 10th Apr 18, 5:17 PM
    • 5,167 Posts
    • 5,293 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    If they no longer charged the admin fee then they would simply include it in the price of the cars and increase them accordingly.

It's ironic how you both would be happy with the cost "hidden" in the screen price of the car but when they attempt to be more transparent and display the cost separately you disagree with it.
    Originally posted by takman
    If their 'admin fee' was included in the price as you suggest, then it would be up to a potential buyer to compare prices with similar model at other dealers and see which is best value.

Seeing two identical cars priced at 9995, and then finding out when you travel to the showroom that there's an extra 99 stuck on the bill when you buy is shady to say the least! If the 'admin fee' was included in the price, one car would be 10094 and the other 9995 and a potential buyer could make up his mind before visiting a showroom.

So yes, the admin fee should be included in the price, and see how long EH last being 100 more expensive on every car they advertised.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,254Posts Today

3,934Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin