PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had family round for dinner today.
    Gammon, cocktail sausages, stuffing, yorkshire puddings, cabbage, mashed swede and carrots, cauliflower cheese, peas, roast potatoes and parsnips and gravy.
    Followed by apple crumble and custard. Then I made a pot of tea and my mother in law asked for a biscuit with it!!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We had a gorgeous meal yesterday, Oysters, potted crab, huge prawns etc followed by Roast Beef and then Creme Brûl!e- Yum...

Tonight will be HM Chicken Kievs with tenderstem broccoli, Dauphinoise potatoes for the men, spinach salad for me.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    More Paprika Beef Soup for lunch today and for supper I'll be making low calorie spinach and ricotta lasagne wraps (like cannelloni) in tomato sauce which we'll have with a winter salad. Blueberry crumble (digestive biscuit topping) and plain skyr for pud. Cup of black coffee.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Today's lunch will be carrot, sweet potato, lentil and coriander soup from the freezer with a baguette. Roast chicken for dinner, with roasties, broccoli, carrots, stuffing and gravy. Might do a SF jelly with fruit for pudding.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Dinner tonight will be chicken breasts in blue cheese sauce (using Cambozola for a change), new potatoes and green beans.
    May decide to put some chestnut mushrooms in the sauce as I have some left over and not sure if I'll use them up in anything else.
  • Viking_mfw
    Options
    Coconut dal with shredded leftover chicken and roasted sweet potato on top.
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    Chilli and garlic chicken and rice with peppers and onions,,,scrummylicious and enough left for dinner tomorrow.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shredded duck stir fry and noodles
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chicken curry with rice. Used one of our two emergency jars - hubby started the dinner off, I finished it.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm back! (In case anyone noticed I was absent) have been north of the boarder for a few days with OH for family visits and football. Thus diet has been a little on the unhealthy side including a curry on sat, gorgeous 3 course meal out on Friday (scallops, sea bass...and then errr...chocolate creme brulee), pea and pancetta pasta (enough for a small army), full on cooked breakfast, lots of well fired rolls with cheese (bought in the mornings on the way to in laws), and a packet of crisps in the pub for dinner last night :rotfl:
    ..and some beers....lots and lots of beers :o

So tonight was a Cook! Superfood bowl for one thing in an effort to fight off impending scurvy and tomorrow will be a day of trying to address the lack of fruit and veg over the past 5 days.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport