Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LauraKatherine
    • By LauraKatherine 21st Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LauraKatherine
    Vanquis mistake.
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    Vanquis mistake. 21st Nov 17 at 8:31 PM
    Hi there,

Mistakenly, I applied for a Credit Card with Vanquis, my application was successful but I realised that in the end I didn't want one. Within 2 hours I called and cancelled my application and they said I was able to do so even though I hadn't received the card. However, after reading more into Vanquis and their history I am a little bit sceptical with whether it has actually happened.

When I requested a letter of confirmation, they said they wouldn't be able to do one as I hadn't received the card. The gentleman on the phone said it would be as if I hadn't requested for one. Does anyone know if there is a way I can request for a letter of confirmation, just to be sure that it has been processed?

Also I have requested to be removed from their marketing, is there a way again to request for this to be confirmed in writing?

Many thanks!
    P.S. Sorry if this is a weird request, it's my first time on here!
Page 1
    • z1a
    • By z1a 21st Nov 17, 8:35 PM
    • 1,254 Posts
    • 1,194 Thanks
    z1a
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:35 PM
    Don't know the answer, but puzzled as to how you can mistakenly apply.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 21st Nov 17, 8:35 PM
    • 16,813 Posts
    • 17,816 Thanks
    zx81
    If you don't get a card, you'll know it will have been cancelled. You could also check your credit files of course. I would not over worry.

You could ask for a letter re the marketing, which they may or may not provide but again, I think you're looking for problems that aren't there.
    • Slubberd
    • By Slubberd 21st Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Slubberd
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    If you don't get a card, you'll know it will have been cancelled. You could also check your credit files of course. I would not over worry.

You could ask for a letter re the marketing, which they may or may not provide but again, I think you're looking for problems that aren't there.
    Originally posted by zx81
    It'll deffo come up on a credit file.
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 21st Nov 17, 9:51 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:51 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:51 PM
    Is there any reason you dont want it after applying...lucky it wasn't a tattoo...lol

The APR is very high,but if you pay off in full each month its not an issue...if you found a card that better suits your needs,then apart from a credit search you have nothing to worry about.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 21st Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    It'll deffo come up on a credit file.
    Originally posted by Slubberd
    The search will show on the credit files but the account shouldn't if it's been closed so quickly.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,936Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin