Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Yiannage
    Armtrac Security PCN
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    Armtrac Security PCN 29th Aug 17 at 2:53 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I recently received a PCN from Armtrac Security. It was on the windscreen and the usual 60 if paid in 14 days 100 if not. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have been away and am now around 20 days from when the initial ticket was given.

I've read through the Newbie thread as to how to appeal to these guys as they are part of the IPC. Now if i'm understanding it correctly the advise is to wait and see if a NTK is sent and then send an appeal letter.

My main worry is what if they think its being ignored? What happens if a NTK is not received (although i'm sure that wont happen as they'll be wanting the money!) Is it worth sending the appeal letter before a NTK is received as it states on the ticket that any appeal needs to be received within 21 days, including full name, address & reasons for contesting liability.

I don't want to get stung by these people but want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you in advance for any help given!
Page 3
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 4th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    grayme-m
    I'm not qualified to say if it's correct, sorry.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So you would say this is the right thing to send them?

I am thinking of still sending a letter as I can get work to send it anyway and don't want them harassing me by email too! ha ha
    Originally posted by Holylemonjuice
    Please don't ask about your own case on someone else'd thread, it's unfair and confusing.
    • Holylemonjuice
    • By Holylemonjuice 4th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Holylemonjuice
    "Please don't ask about your own case on someone else'd thread, it's unfair and confusing"

Hi Coupon Mad - Sorry, I am new to forums. I thought this was the right move as my case is exactly the same and I have received the same letters, the last letter I received is exactly the same as the one Yiannage posted previously.

My hope was that if this was the right letter to send then it would also benefit Yiannage.
    Last edited by Holylemonjuice; 04-04-2018 at 4:32 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can cross reference to help this OP but are best starting your own thread, even about the same letter/details. That way we don't get confused as to who we are helping, dates of event/letters, etc., which are never the same.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 6th Apr 18, 10:34 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Morning All,

Thank you all so far for all your help - it really is so appreciated!

I!!!8217;ve received this morning my copy of the information request sent from the dvla stating they want to !!!8220;contact the driver to request payment!!!8221;

So (& please direct me if I!!!8217;m wrong!) but my next step is to email them to let them know they are misusing my data and I!!!8217;m not happy and considering a counter claim should they continue to harass me!
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 6th Apr 18, 10:35 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Sorry - I have no idea why they are random numbers in my post above
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Apr 18, 10:37 AM
    • 19,848 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Sorry - I have no idea why they are random numbers in my post above
    Originally posted by Yiannage
    Forum glitch.

So, please switch off the 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid clogging up your posts with !!!!8820; and the like. Every apostrophe used converts to exclamation marks and numbers.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 6th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    grayme-m
    Morning All,

Thank you all so far for all your help - it really is so appreciated!

I!!!8217;ve received this morning my copy of the information request sent from the dvla stating they want to !!!8220;contact the driver to request payment!!!8221;

So (& please direct me if I!!!8217;m wrong!) but my next step is to email them to let them know they are misusing my data and I!!!8217;m not happy and considering a counter claim should they continue to harass me!
    Originally posted by Yiannage
    My understanding is that they have not yet misused your data... they have used it to contact you as keeper to ask if you can reveal the driver.

If they were to take you as keeper to court or give your details to a third party, then they misuse your data and the distress this causes may lead to your decision to counterclaim.

That and how their letter is not compliant to chase a debt.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 7th Apr 18, 9:00 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Ah I see....so is it worth contacting them to say if they pursue me in court they will be misusing my data - or just wait it out?

Thank you again for the help!
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 7th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    grayme-m
    I think it was my continual informing them of this fact that eventually got them to realise I wasn't messing around.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 9th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Morning All,

Was thinking of firing off an email this morning now that ive got the info from the DVLA but was wondering how involved it had to be - or whether something similar to below would suffice?

"Good Morning,

I have recently received correspondence from you regarding the above PCN.

I have also received a copy of your information request from the DVLA which clearly states you requested my information to "contact driver to request payment"

As the DVLA records will tell you - I am the registered KEEPER - therefore any further harassment from your company could result in me pursuing a counter claim against you for misusing my information.

Kind Regards
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 3,760 Posts
    • 4,559 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    1) it wouldnt be a counter claim unless they had aready claimed against you. It would just be a claim
    2) Dont just say recently, give dates. Looks much much better.

State "you obtained my details to ask me to contact the driver to obtain payment. You have now no longer got any cause to retain my details, so you must cease processing them within 21 days, to prevernt further harassment and distress. This is a eciton 10(10 notice under the DPA.
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 9th Apr 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    grayme-m
    as nosferatu1001 stated, my emailt to them pointed out that taking me to court would get a counterclaim (of at least 250).

They ignore requests to delete data...
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 9th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Thank you for the pointers.......Amended email below

Good Morning,

I have received a correspondence from you on **** regarding the above PCN.

On the **** I also received a copy of your information request from the DVLA which clearly states you requested my information to "contact driver to request payment" You have now no longer got any cause to retain my details, so you must cease processing them within 21 days, to prevent further harassment and distress.

As the DVLA records will tell you - I am the registered KEEPER - therefore any further harassment from your company will not be tolerated and any County Court proceedings will result in me pursuing a counter claim against you for misusing my information.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Yiannage; 09-04-2018 at 2:42 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 19,848 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I wouldn't be signing off a warning of the issue of court proceedings with a 'Kind regards'. Needs to be much more business-like.

Try a 'Dear Sir' and a 'Yours faithfully'.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 23rd Jun 18, 10:07 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    So it seems this is still rumbling on! I have received a letter from a company called TNC stating that as I haven't responded to their letter sent (I have not received any letters - is the first one I've ever received!) I've now got to pay directly (including a 60 admin fee!) to them or risk doorstep collection agents coming

I emailed armtrac back in April regarding the information the DVLA sent through but apart from a 2 line email back haven't heard from them at all

The letter states that I haven't paid or advised them I wa not the driver or the keeper and now the time to appeal has gone passed

There is no email on the letter just a payment line.

I'm thinking re-sending the email to Armtrac?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 23rd Jun 18, 1:20 PM
    • 9,953 Posts
    • 10,256 Thanks
    KeithP
    That's a debt collector's letter.

What does post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread suggest you do with debt collector's letters?
    Last edited by KeithP; 23-06-2018 at 1:22 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jun 18, 8:09 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,677 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    risk doorstep collection agents coming
    We always say, let them try to collect your doorstep! Search the forum for doorstep!

Hilarious drivel!

• twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 23rd Jun 18, 8:17 PM
    • 1,954 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    drove passed TNCs building a few weeks back , the whole back yard was stacked with doorsteps ,

TNC (owned by people born in 1934???) advertise "no win no fee" and will try anything

know thy enemy no win no fee https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203667411-TNC-Management-Ltd-t-a-TNC-Collections
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 27th Jun 18, 10:21 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Thanks guys, - they're not having my doorstep - it's just been re done !!!55357;!!!56834;

Just for my own knowledge - does Armtrac passing my details to TNC count as them passing it to a 3rd party?

Also - is it actually possible for people to just turn up at the door? Things I've looked into suggest not - but I'm never sure when it comes to these types of people!

Thanks again everyone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,321Posts Today

8,807Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin