Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• Chin
    Chin Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    encouraging signs from the wording of the MSE newsletter.....fingers crossed :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Amazing that MSE will be pulling a collective deal out of the bag JUST after they reduce the cash back to consumers.

Me a cynic?
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chin wrote: »
    encouraging signs from the wording of the MSE newsletter.....fingers crossed :j

Could you possibly quote the wording you found encouraging please?

Not being lazy but increasing visual impairment makes text searches quite difficult now

Another reason why I am disappointed there is no simple new MSE collective switch yet.

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • martin998877
    Options
    vigman wrote: »
    Could you possibly quote the wording you found encouraging please?

Not being lazy but increasing visual impairment makes text searches quite difficult now

Another reason why I am disappointed there is no simple new MSE collective switch yet.

TIA

Vigman

in today's MSE weekly email (Wednesday 30 Aug) they say:

"registration's now open for our Big Switch Event 8. Next week, we're hoping to bring you a 1yr fixed deal. If you get this email, you're automatically registered, but suggest friends, family and colleagues [URL="mhtml:file:///C:/Users/mlf1/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/IV3EHRYN/email%20(002).mht!x-usc:http://emailclick.moneysavingexpert.com/t/gcH1AAbbaFY~QALY5PnEnaBFSMoJI-4naaaaFUIVfBM-MXNlaa?s=2_0322155~amp;e=l.ghecmds~2531ruZget.Zd.tl~amp;k=Fd~amp;y=~amp;q=6823"]check if they're registered (and register if not)[/URL]."

so hopefully they are managing to pull something together.
  • Monkey_
    Monkey_ Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Having just checked to see if I'm registering, looks like the new collective will launch Tuesday (5th Sept) :j
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Has anyone been contacted by BG about an exclusive deal that doesn't appear on their website?

I was quoted on a tariff called Home Energy Exclusive. Their projection on this tariff was still £40 pa dearer than my choice of Eon which was the cheapest of the big 6 for me in the West Mids.

Interesting!

I have just received the latest BG letter telling me my collective 03 Oct tariff is finishing. No mention of the 'Home Energy Exclusive'. I am also West Mids.

Their cheapest tariff is Home Energy Secure Aug 2019 which is only marginally cheaper than their Standard tariff.

I phoned BG and the rep was unaware of the Home Energy Exclusive; he spoke to his supervisor and it is not a tariff BG offer.
  • mikeassured
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Interesting!

I have just received the latest BG letter telling me my collective 03 Oct tariff is finishing. No mention of the 'Home Energy Exclusive'. I am also West Mids.

Their cheapest tariff is Home Energy Secure Aug 2019 which is only marginally cheaper than their Standard tariff.

I phoned BG and the rep was unaware of the Home Energy Exclusive; he spoke to his supervisor and it is not a tariff BG offer.

I received a telephone call from BG as they saw from my online account I had been comparing their tariffs.
    They said the Home Eneergy exclusive did not appear online and prices for me were as follows

Gas
    3.10 per kwh with 25.94 standing charge

Elec
    12.59 per kwh with 25.94 standing charge.

My spend projection was £1248 with BG compared to £1204 with Eon.

They are supposed to call me back tomorrow for my decision.

Sue
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2017 at 4:47PM
    Options
    in today's MSE weekly email (Wednesday 30 Aug) they say:

"registration's now open for our Big Switch Event 8. Next week, we're hoping to bring you a 1yr fixed deal. If you get this email, you're automatically registered, but suggest friends, family and colleagues [URL="mhtml:file:///C:/Users/mlf1/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/IV3EHRYN/email%20(002).mht!x-usc:http://emailclick.moneysavingexpert.com/t/gcH1AAbbaFY~QALY5PnEnaBFSMoJI-4naaaaFUIVfBM-MXNlaa?s=2_0322155~amp;e=l.ghecmds~2531ruZget.Zd.tl~amp;k=Fd~amp;y=~amp;q=6823"]check if they're registered (and register if not)[/URL]."

so hopefully they are managing to pull something together.

Is this in the mail saying "have you been plevined?" And also has the M&S £55 offer?

Just found it! So annoying when all the letters merge and distort with macular degeneration. Reading and writing takes so much longer!

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • Chin
    Chin Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    yes correct
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 30 August 2017 at 5:36PM
    Options
    I received a telephone call from BG as they saw from my online account I had been comparing their tariffs.
    They said the Home Eneergy exclusive did not appear online and prices for me were as follows

Gas
    3.10 per kwh with 25.94 standing charge

Elec
    12.59 per kwh with 25.94 standing charge.

My spend projection was £1248 with BG compared to £1204 with Eon.

They are supposed to call me back tomorrow for my decision.

Sue

Thanks. Can you please ask if it is available to everyone? and is it fixed or variable?

Edit.
    Although still not really competitive, those prices(for my consumption) are 16% Gas and 12% Elect, less than BG's Standard tariff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure