Igloo Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:57PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Igloo Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• vendee_2
    vendee_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi has anybody used Igloo energy as I was thinking of changing over to them
  • Corinth
    Options
    So far my experience with them has been positive. Friendly on the phone, quick to pick up and call back. My transition from BG should be occurring soon.
  • boobbby
    boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely recommend Igloo energy. Answer the phone or reply to an email almost immediately. after you give a meter reading only takes a few seconds to receive the bill. Easy to use web site.
  • smailnet
    smailnet Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 November 2017 at 6:32PM
    Options
    IGLOO ENERGY Give them a go! Very easy switch and quick responsive calls. Website is good! You have nothing to lose as they're about the best tariff around at the moment. They pay any exit fees, don't tie you to a contract, so there's no exit penalties and they pay 3% interest on credit balances. The only thing is that they'll take your first payment on Day I. :)
  • kittycat_supreme
    kittycat_supreme Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2018 at 6:18PM
    Options
    I switched to Igloo energy. There was a delay with the confirmation that I'd switched due to the electricity regulator doing a check, but all went through fine and I eventually received my overpayment from my previous supplier. When I phoned Igloo I got through to someone quickly and my questions were answered. Most helpful. When I submit a meter reading, I get a bill within a few hours, brilliant. So far really pleased. Their website has two separate tabs for electricity and gas and you should submit each. Pleased I made the change.
  • telonexpert
    Options
    I switched to them in Dec'17 and have found everything straightforward. First direct debit coincided with switch date (my last supplier took the first payment long before the switch date).
  • Sham75
    Sham75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 June 2018 at 11:41AM
    Options
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert 29 June 2018:

Igloo has asked us to clarify that it now has a PEMS contract in place.

Back to Sham75's original post...

---

Igloo have no PEMS contract with National Grid..so if you have any issue with your main supply to your property or anything wrong with your meter..it will not get resolved....Igloo have no call centre open after hours or during the weekend..they are only open during 9 to 5.30 Mon to Friday..I had problem with my gas supply on Friday evening a gas regulator needed replacing on the gas meter. The emergency gas service man from National Grid (formly known as Transco) came straight away but could not replace part because Igloo have no contract with them for payment of emergency work. I will have to go without gas into my property until igloo open on Monday morning. So no gas central heating or boiler working during the whole weekend..not ideal if you have young family in this cold weather!! Plz check if the company you joining had 24 hour helpline or contact number and has a PEMS contract. Switch to igloo was hassle free and straight forward....:(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sham75 wrote: »
    Igloo have no PEMS contract with National Grid..so if you have any issue with your main supply to your property or anything wrong with your meter..it will not get resolved....Igloo have no call centre open after hours or during the weekend..they are only open during 9 to 5.30 Mon to Friday..I had problem with my gas supply on Friday evening a gas regulator needed replacing on the gas meter. The emergency gas service man from National Grid (formly known as Transco) came straight away but could not replace part because Igloo have no contract with them for payment of emergency work. I will have to go without gas into my property until igloo open on Monday morning. So no gas central heating or boiler working during the whole weekend..not ideal if you have young family in this cold weather!! Plz check if the company you joining had 24 hour helpline or contact number and has a PEMS contract. Switch to igloo was hassle free and straight forward....:(

Welcome to the forum. Your post is picking on one of the many suppliers that do not offer weekend or out-of-hours customer services. Most suppliers rely on the gas and electricity emergency support numbers to make safe any problems. Problems with meters etc must be very rare. That said, I am not sure - but I am happy to be proved wrong - that a call to any supplier on, say, a Sunday will result in a person with a van turning up at your door over a weekend.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anyone else tried to switch to them recently? Im looking for more reviews from people other than first time posters! How easy is it to contact them? How responsive are they? Did the switch go smoothly?
  • makeem95
    makeem95 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    The switch completed earlier this week. Very uneventful, everything happened smoothly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback