PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Premier property lawyers ltd ARE USELESS Imo

Options
Please do NOT use Premier Property Lawyers Ltd based in Leicester.

We are currently buying a house & our vendor is using them.
Our Solicitor has had queries eoutstanding since the 30th May & can NEVER get to speak the anyone so has to leave a message & Email but has had no responses.
Our vendor is having the same trouble.

They were recommended to our vendor by PurpleBricks. I have since contacted PurpleBricks to ask them to chase up Premier Property Lawyers & even they can't get any repsonse from the correct person.

We are seriously considering walking away as our solicitor has said there is nothing more they can do until they hear back.

If you are selling your house through PurpleBricks please do yourself & your buyer a big help by choosing a different conveyancing firm!!

Comments

• Katgrit
    Katgrit Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1849083

14 pages about the same company! Looks like things haven't improved!
  • shell88
    shell88 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    We're currently using Premier Property Lawyers and I couldn't recommend them enough! They have been great for us, very responsive and helpful and the app/online tracking is great! It's our vendors solicitors (a local firm) that are awful and they've actually had to put in a formal complaint. I think it largely depends on who gets assigned your case, but agree that service should be the same no matter who is looking after it.
  • arrbee
    arrbee Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 5 August 2017 at 6:28AM
    Options
    They told me this too and it is an outright lie.

I have direct information through the buyer of my property of exactly what his solicitor is doing and the fault lies with PPL. I have been fed all sorts of excuses and the delays are beyond shocking - I sold in May and am still waiting for a contract in August! Currently it is costing me £1200 per month property running costs due to delays with a cash buyer!

Definitely NOT recommended but forced to via Purple Bricks as I did not want to pay fees up front.
    Highly disappointed with the whole 'service'

(google legal ombudsman)
  • Noemi
    Options
    Recommended by Purple Brick. Trying to buy a no-chain flat since July. An awful experience. Terrible, poor communication and a 'I don't care' attitude'. You need several attempts before having your emails/calls answered. Were meant to exchange about one month ago, but still no exchange date yet. Many documents provided 3 months ago have been looked at only last week. Grrrr. I could go on and on and on. I really regret having engaged them.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ....And this is why people need to carry out DUE DILIGENCE......
  • chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    arrbee wrote: »
    Definitely NOT recommended but forced to via Purple Bricks as I did not want to pay fees up front.
    Highly disappointed with the whole 'service'

(google legal ombudsman)

They can't force you to, and I have never paid a solicitor more than a small deposit upfront, they normally deduct their fees via the transaction.

To the OP, not being funny but if I were the vendor and it had been hanging on this long I would have long ago instructed another solicitor. The first couple of enquiries without response would have been enough.
  • Nickyhplym
    Options
    I completely agree that they are useless and would never recommend them to anyone. They are acting for someone else in my chain. Only 4 properties but have caused so many delays and problems it is unbelievable. The people they are acting for accepted an offer on their house at the end of August. 15th December they discovered there was an issue with the deeds, surely this should have been spotted weeks prior to this. Now as we enter week 22, since I put in an offer on the next property down, they still have not resolved the issues and we are still no closer to exchanging.
    This mission statement "We believe that conveyancing should be all about our customers. By putting the customer at the heart of the business and challenging the status quo, we lead the way in delivering a personal, trusted and values-based service that reduces the stress of moving home" is laughable, I have never been so stressed and it is all due to their incompetence.
  • Gawatate
    Gawatate Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Its such a lottery with with PPL. Just had an amazing Conveyencer and completed today, 4 step chain and 12 weeks in total and i have to say even the EA comented on how relentless he worked to get us in the time he has. I used them because they came highly recomended by a friend who had a great conveyencer as well but if they wont guarantee me the same team i will not go near them ever. Hearing too many horror stories and thanking goodness we were lucky!
  • GreenSnake
    Options
    Why would you choose a solicitor recommended by an estate agent?
    Surely the estate agent wants a sale to go through regardless?
    It's always seemed like a conflict of interest to me...
  • devon007
    devon007 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    To answer Greensnake - the EA who recommend PPL get a kickback, or a referral fee as they call it - hidden in the tons of paperwork the client gets will be two lines saying that the company is paying the EA £xx for the referral of this work to them!

I ALWAYS explain to my clients if PPL are on the other side that I have yet to have a pleasant and fast transaction with this company. Currently I have a first time buyer client trying to buy a flat, the Seller has been sent to PPL via the EA and guess what SIX MONTHS IN we are still waiting for some very basic information - thank goodness I warned my client!

He is actually about to pull the plug on it - there is no mortgage involved and the seller is not buying on - it should have been done and dusted in 12 -16 weeks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback