PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Premier property lawyers ltd ARE USELESS Imo

Options

Comments

• sammcmillan
    Options
    Have to say that I've just used PPL and they have been brilliant - reserved a new house in March with the builder agreeing to buy my existing home under their part exchange scheme. All info was with PPL by the beginning of April and we exchanged contracts yesterday. The conveyancer that was assigned my case has been great - keeping me informed every step of the way. Had I read some of their reviews before I instructed them it might've put me off but I have clearly been one of the "lucky" ones!!
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also had a terrible experience with them.
    Every day for two or three months we were told we'd exchange tomorrow. Our conveyanced was completely useless.
    Got number of a manager from a solicitor friend. At first it looked Luke she'd make it happen but she didn't help at all.
    It was SO much stress. I thought we'd lose the sale completely and our buyer wanted the house by a specific date so he could move straight in after his honeymoon. He waited an extra two months in the end...
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Katgrit wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1849083

14 pages about the same company! Looks like things haven't improved!

It's interesting that some of the positive reviews of PPL in there are written by people who have only ever posted once on MoneySavingExpert. Have reported a couple. I suspect they're employees!
  • staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,966 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used them. I wouldn't say they were completely useless, but they were damned hard work to deal with, and I found that I had to do a lot of 'running around' / following up. Their web-based system I thought was pretty good in fairness.
    Would I use them again? On balance, no.
    I wouldn't use any mortgage broker or conveyancer recommended by my estate agent. I learned that lesson!
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
  • Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dread it when I hear they are the "other side". You never get to speak to the same person and it's always "case handlers" who deal with the work!

They operate under so many different company names as well (to hide their bad reputation) but as soon as you see Enderby 2 on the DX address you know full well who it is !
  • cashbadger
    Options
    Currently having issues when trying to sell through these. The buyer is also using them as through Purple Bricks.

Should have gone elsewhere. I would not have minded paying more for someone fast and efficient. They seem a bit inexperienced and slow. Probably work too many cases each

Needless to say have gone elsewhere to buy a home from a recommendation to a more traditional, local firm.

Online system is nice, which seems great at first....
  • Gazdawn
    Options
    We are the unfortunate sellers in this scenario. Our buyer is using premier property lawyers. We are in no chain just selling our house and now entering week 21 yes 21 of this firms incompetence and inefficiency. They are unobtainable by phone or email even to their client let alone our solicitor and have made what should have been a very uncomplicated speedy sake a complete disaster. Useless useless useless!!
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Gazdawn wrote: »
    We are the unfortunate sellers in this scenario. Our buyer is using premier property lawyers. We are in no chain just selling our house and now entering week 21 yes 21 of this firms incompetence and inefficiency. They are unobtainable by phone or email even to their client let alone our solicitor and have made what should have been a very uncomplicated speedy sake a complete disaster. Useless useless useless!!

We are also unlucky enought to be stuck in a chain with these 'lawyers'. We can not get any information from them. Our solictor emails and phones them every couple of days but they never reply. Going to give them an ultimatum soon. We are prepared to pull out now. Just can't see it getting anywhere.
  • Tiglet2
    Tiglet2 Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You would have had to pay for the pack. Did you not pay for the full pack then? Pretty sure PPL would know that the full pack is required because that is the one which contains Articles of Association, Fire Risk Assessment and Asbestos Report, all three of which would be required by the buyer's solicitor. Management packs are expensive, did you opt for the cheaper one?
  • Blueoctopus
    Options
    I must say, we used them and didn't have much of problem, everything went through in the original time scale, that said we were buying from my parents so we were more able to chase from both sides.
    I had read some terrible reviews but they were introduced by the broker and seeing as we couldn't use the solicitor we would have chosen (my parents were using him) we just went with it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback