Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • asty84
    • By asty84 15th Aug 16, 5:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    asty84
    0 WOW
    Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal?
    • 15th Aug 16, 5:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal? 15th Aug 16 at 5:10 PM
    We visited RSB Legal in Redditch, with a view to them claiming on our behalf on a no win/no fee basis to claim back all the money we have paid for our points and then fractional ownership. We keep 70% and they keep 30%. We are OK with this, as no money was expected from us at this point but wondered if anyone else has had any dealings/success with this company?
    If we wish to dissolve our Timeshare ownership we will need to pay them a fee (based on our current maintenance charges) which would be refunded as part of our claim. It was at this point we got slightly jittery!
    An online search seems to indicate they are to be avoided, but is this just mis-information put out by the Timeshare companies who naturally do not want to pay out to their customers under section 75. They say that there is no positive information online because they have to sign a non disclosure form each time they are successful.
    We are unsure whether to proceed with RSB until we have heard from anyone else who might have had dealings with them.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by asty84; 15-08-2016 at 5:42 PM. Reason: missed something out of original post, then typed everything in twice - argghh.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 16th Aug 16, 8:03 PM
    • 24,767 Posts
    • 11,975 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 16th Aug 16, 8:03 PM
    • 16th Aug 16, 8:03 PM
    If they will do the work for you and get you some money back for free - fine, great go with it.

If they ask for one penny in advance then run away!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 21st Aug 16, 2:11 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    Archergirl
    • 21st Aug 16, 2:11 PM
    • 21st Aug 16, 2:11 PM
    Who is your timeshare with? Some of them do a deedback scheme.
    • Dmtech22
    • By Dmtech22 19th Nov 16, 11:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Dmtech22
    • 19th Nov 16, 11:22 PM
    • 19th Nov 16, 11:22 PM
    We have been through the same process with RSB today in Didsbury. We were slightly pressured to pay 'up front' for them to end our timeshare membership, however, we chose the option of claiming back our fees first with an option to go back to them at a later date. I would be interested to follow others who have started the process and see if any of us get our money back. It takes 10 to 12 months apparently. We would be due a refund of around 50,000. Fingers crossed!!!
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 20th Nov 16, 8:55 AM
    • 4,717 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 20th Nov 16, 8:55 AM
    • 20th Nov 16, 8:55 AM
    Why do people sign up with companies like this WITHOUT ever seeing evidence or talking to people who have got a positive result?????
    Has anyone ever got any money back from this company?
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 20th Nov 16, 9:19 AM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    Archergirl
    • 20th Nov 16, 9:19 AM
    • 20th Nov 16, 9:19 AM
    Why do first time posters come on here with a way out?............
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 20th Nov 16, 11:27 AM
    • 12,073 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 20th Nov 16, 11:27 AM
    • 20th Nov 16, 11:27 AM
    Why do people sign up with companies like this WITHOUT ever seeing evidence or talking to people who have got a positive result?????
    Has anyone ever got any money back from this company?
    Originally posted by knightstyle
    That is why the OP asked here, to see if anyone can provide the evidence that is needed.
    • Dmtech22
    • By Dmtech22 20th Nov 16, 8:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Dmtech22
    • 20th Nov 16, 8:12 PM
    • 20th Nov 16, 8:12 PM
    We have not signed up for anything. We have handed over no money.
    I have made contact with them. They do no with no fee claims.
    I am now on here to see if anyone has gone through the whole process.
    I could have asked for testimonials or checked the website. However.they are not always genuine.
    All I have given do far is a couple of hours of my time.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 21st Nov 16, 6:38 AM
    • 5,693 Posts
    • 3,641 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    • 21st Nov 16, 6:38 AM
    • 21st Nov 16, 6:38 AM
    https://mindtimeshare.me/tag/rsb-legal/
    • John Anderson
    • By John Anderson 8th Dec 16, 5:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    John Anderson
    RSB Legal
    My wife and I put a claim in with this company back in March 2016, we were also skeptical at first when asked for money up front to terminate but as we knew we would be covered under section 75 ourselves if anything went wrong we decided to go ahead, since then we have received our money which was a substantial amount to us and we have also received a letter from our timeshare company CLC stating we are out of our membership.

It has been a very easy process and my wife and I couldn't be happier with how it was handled.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 8th Dec 16, 8:22 PM
    • 24,767 Posts
    • 11,975 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    My wife and I put a claim in with this company back in March 2016, we were also skeptical at first when asked for money up front to terminate but as we knew we would be covered under section 75 ourselves if anything went wrong we decided to go ahead, since then we have received our money which was a substantial amount to us and we have also received a letter from our timeshare company CLC stating we are out of our membership.

It has been a very easy process and my wife and I couldn't be happier with how it was handled.
    Originally posted by John Anderson
    I want to believe you I really do .....but I just have a nagging feeling as a first time poster that the story is not quite as written.
    I am of course willing to be proved wrong - the important word here is PROOF.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 8th Dec 16, 8:33 PM
    • 2,817 Posts
    • 1,960 Thanks
    EssexExile
    When I first saw this thread I thought I recognised the company involved. But I didn't, it's name is just very similar to a company I have heard of. Coincidence I expect.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Raymondo111
    • By Raymondo111 8th Dec 16, 8:43 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Raymondo111
    I am with jonesMUFC on this, the number of Companies opening up to help you relinquish your Timeshare ownership is increasing all the time, the reality is that certainly if the Timeshare is based in Spain or the Canaries there is a very good chance that you could handle the exit process yourself with obviously potential costs but probably nothing like the costs that these Companies charge.

There is a wealth of information on the Internet concerning exiting Spanish Timeshare Contacts so for anybody wishing to do this just be prepared to do a lot of homework and look at some of the success stories of people being awarded quite large sums of money in compensation and legal costs. The question you have to ask yourself is "do I want to try and get some of my money back at a cost or do I just walk away with a good chance of not paying anything"
    • Louise Charroy
    • By Louise Charroy 17th Dec 16, 6:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louise Charroy
    We are trying to find out as well- having got to a meeting for a consultation on no win no fee and ending up by putting money upfront for the cost of getting out...All supposedly secure under section 75. RSB legal in Redditch. Any advice welcomed....
    • Louise Charroy
    • By Louise Charroy 17th Dec 16, 6:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louise Charroy
    Can I ask if you had to put any money upfront? The way we were presented with things is that the no win no fee is one thing and the getting out of the Timeshare is a different one. We actually signed some money for the "getting us out of the Timeshare" on the basis that it was today or not and that we would get this money back as part of the no win no fee. Except that we have paper work for the money to pay but I can't see paperwork for the no win no fee application. What did you have in writing? Were things settled separately for you too?
    I would really appreciate any comments as so worried to be in another con (as the Timeshare turned out to be...)
    • Raymondo111
    • By Raymondo111 18th Dec 16, 12:57 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Raymondo111
    Can I ask if you had to put any money upfront? The way we were presented with things is that the no win no fee is one thing and the getting out of the Timeshare is a different one. We actually signed some money for the "getting us out of the Timeshare" on the basis that it was today or not and that we would get this money back as part of the no win no fee. Except that we have paper work for the money to pay but I can't see paperwork for the no win no fee application. What did you have in writing? Were things settled separately for you too?
    I would really appreciate any comments as so worried to be in another con (as the Timeshare turned out to be...)
    Originally posted by Louise Charroy
    Are you referring your question to the OP or to anyone else? I personally have not paid anything to exit my Timeshare and have taken the view that as I didn't pay a lot for it in the first place I am quite happy to walk away having used the Timeshare on a few occasions and banked weeks with an Exchange Company which allowed me to travel to other resorts over the years. My reason in walking away was that the resort wasn't keeping up the refurbishment that was needed and ever increasing maintenance fees and not a lot to show for it. When I offered to give back my 2 weeks they didn't want them but offered different schemes that meant paying a lot more money when all I wanted was out. As I stated before if your Resort is either in Spain or the Canary Islands then you could very easily do the exit process yourself.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 18th Dec 16, 1:50 PM
    • 7,550 Posts
    • 4,281 Thanks
    martindow
    We are trying to find out as well- having got to a meeting for a consultation on no win no fee and ending up by putting money upfront for the cost of getting out...All supposedly secure under section 75. RSB legal in Redditch. Any advice welcomed....
    Originally posted by Louise Charroy
    How can it be secure under section 75? You have presumably paid them to do some preliminary work. If they do this but they don't manage to get any money back from Spain I can't see how a S75 claim would succeed.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 18th Dec 16, 4:34 PM
    • 16,026 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    hollydays
    Why would you approach a company that offers " no win, no fee" , then pay them a fee?

http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2016/06/22/rbs-legal/
    See post below
    Last edited by hollydays; 18-12-2016 at 5:45 PM.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 18th Dec 16, 5:38 PM
    • 16,026 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    hollydays
    The TCA received calls back in May regarding a company called warwickshire Consultants who were cold calling timeshare owners offering their compensation services. The company claimed to be working with RBS Legal.
    We have now received further calls from worried Timeshare owners who have received calls directly from RBS Legal and were sceptical of their services due to the lack of knowledge they seemed to have over their own working practices. !The timeshare owners felt like they didn!!!8217;t want to answer any of the simple questions a real legal company should know about their own processes and past cases, instead they just wanted to discuss money and gain payment upfront for cancelling their contract.
    Another couple called with a very similar story and worryingly had contracted RSB Legally a nd paid them money upfront to help with their timeshare exit.
    The couple were subsequently contracted by another company called
    Taylor Marshall Associates who would apparently be taking on their case.

**The website of Taylor Marshall Associates looks like they are a section 75 claims company, mainly dealing with solar panels ( I've removed the address but this address is actually a company formations office and Mail forwarding service see address in this link
    https://www.companyformations247.co.uk/corporate-services/registered-office/#start
    and the address given on the website is ( address removed but it actually a Devere hotel)
    The registered director for this company is shown in these links;

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09458294/taylor-marshall-associates-limited
    ( he was also associated with a company called Marsha Consultants Ltd, According to an entry on company check, there was a proposal to strike off this company, it was dissolved after a shortish period( like all their companies coincidentally)
    !
    Going back to RSB International Ltd, their website give RSB legal!!!8217;s address as

They also show addresses for other companies that are part of this group, all under the same Director RW see this link
    RSB Property
    RSB Property ( Dublin)
    RSB Event Management London
    Last edited by hollydays; 18-12-2016 at 8:11 PM.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 18th Dec 16, 6:35 PM
    • 16,026 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    hollydays
    They also are linked to a string of claims companies and seem to like to get anything damning removed from the web.think one man band.
    Last edited by hollydays; 18-12-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin