Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal?

Options
12346»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    shsh3393 wrote: »
    My story is similar. Visited RSB legal in Didsbury. They wanted a 70/30 split on claim but no money upfront. Offered to get me out of my contract for a fee but I said no, just submitted misspelling claim,. This was back in March. Have heard nothing so have been chasing them. No one is replying to my emails and the phone lines are unobtainable (this happened in the last 3 weeks) - even the HQ in Redditch is unobtainable,. Anybody any ideas. I have a feeling these people may have received our money and done a runner with our 70%. Thank god I never parted with any cash!!

IMO it is more probable that no money will be forthcoming EVER and they have given up especially as you did not (bribe) pay them that fee upfront.
    I would not worry as you have not lost any more money.
  • T815
    Options
    Hi Bishopsfinger,
    Did you find any more info on this?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    T815 wrote: »
    Hi Bishopsfinger,
    Did you find any more info on this?

That user posted once in March and has never logged back in again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Raymondo111
    Raymondo111 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    More info on RSB Legal taken from the Inside Timeshare Website:

Over the past few weeks Inside Timeshare has been receiving many enquiries about RSB Legal, all are of a very similar nature, money paid and now they are unable to contact them. Their phone lines are down and the website is no longer available. According to company house records there is an active proposal to strike them off.

From all the enquiries we have received all had been contacted by RSB Legal about making claim against their timeshare resort for mis-selling, this was to be on a no win no fee basis. A meeting was then arranged at RSB Legals Office in Redditch, once there all have said it turned out to be just like the presentation for their timeshares.

The !!!8220;consultants!!!8221; went on about how the timeshares had been mis-sold and that they had very good cases for a claim. But then came the crunch, in order to do the claim under no win no fee, the contract had to be cancelled first. For this a large amount of money needed to be paid first, so deposits were taken and a date for the balance to be paid arranged.

The client was also told not to pay any more maintenance fees, as the contract would be cancelled.

All those who have made enquiries have the same story, they have received demands for maintenance fees from their resorts, also being told that their contracts have not been cancelled by RSB Legal or by Taylor Marshall who took on many of the cancellations from RSB.

We do know many RSB clients have received an email or letter from Club La Costa, this states that they have not paid out compensation or cancelled any contracts for clients of RSB Legal or Taylor Marshall. They have repeatedly informed these companies that they will not deal with third party companies in respect of their members, they will only deal directly with the members concerned.

They have also pointed out that CLC will allow any members to surrender their membership free of charge, which RSB Legal and Taylor Marshall were fully aware of.

RSB Legal also told their clients that the claim would be going through the Spanish courts, no cases have ever been filed, clients were not informed of which lawyers had their cases, no translations of documents had been done and no power of attorney signed to allow the Spanish lawyer to act on the clients behalf.

It is also a point of fact, that once the contract is cancelled then no claim can ever be brought to a court, so this then leaves the question how the claim would be made?

Just from the number of enquiries Inside Timeshare has received recently with the average payment made to RSB Legal being around £8,000 mark, some have been considerably more, we are looking at over £100,000 which just these few have lost. Multiply that by the possibly hundreds more clients that have been taken in by RSB Legal and we must be looking at well over one million pounds swindled over the 2 years this company has been in operation. This is looking like a major fraud, it begs the question why have the authorities not done anything about them?

If you have paid RSB Legal and have paid any amount by credit card, then you may have a chance of getting your money back through Section 75 of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. Provided you have paid a minimum of £100 by your credit card then you can claim back the full amount upto £30,000.

As this company is appears to be no longer trading, plus the fact a proposal to strike off has been made, will make the claim through section 75 stronger as the company is no longer solvent therefore you will not receive the goods or services paid for, in other words they have breached their contract with you. See link below for full details on section 75.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

It would also be prudent to make an official report to the police and receive a crime number, this can be done very easily online through Action Fraud. The more that report this the more chance of an investigation. You can also make a complaint and report to Trading Standards. Details for both are at the links below.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

http://www.nationaltradingstandards.uk/contact/

If you have had any dealings with this company and have any questions or concerns then use our contact page, we will get back to you and answer your questions.

Have you been contacted by any company with a similar story and want to know if it is genuine, then contact Inside Timeshare, we!!!8217;ll help you find out.

Remember doing your homework will save you in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure