Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal?

Options

Comments

• Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    cold call from RSB today ...claim to be able to get a refund on interest on loans and maintenance fees from CLC...Have to attend meeting with RSB legal team in Reddditch next month
    anyone had dealings with them or advise....70/30 no win no fee..?

Simple 2 words barge and pole.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dmtech22 wrote: »
    All I have given do far is a couple of hours of my time.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained

That's how you ended up with a timeshare in the first place. These people are preying on people with a proven track record of being easily manipulated.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • AndyCox
    Options
    My wife and I met with RSB Legal yesterday to discuss ending our CLC Gold membership, after an informative discussion we were advised that we could claim our membership fees back from CLC in full, as they had mis-sold our membership, RSBL would conduct this business on a no win no fee basis.
    However removal of our name from the deeds and ending our contractual obligation to pay CLC maintenance fees would need to be conducted in Spanish Law courts which would incur substantial legal costs.
    After much deliberation we realised that to make an application to end our membership but continue to pay maintenance fees is completely contradictory.... why would you ?
    We have now agreed to pay the legal costs which would be reclaimed together with the reimbursement of our membership fee, less 30% of the total claimed, which is RSB legal service charge.
    We would appreciate anybody with any experience in this regard to send us advice and would welcome any further information which can be shared to the personal email address:- jaynecox007@btinternet.com.
    Watch this space .. we are going to be feeling either very happy ... or very ripped off ... ? again?
    Andy Cox
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AndyCox, pls edit out your e mail address, you'll get lots of junk, better to let people just private message you.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Just write to them. Tell them you are cancelling your membership. Stop any direct debits. End of.
    If you honestly believe you will get anything else back then you are prime rip off material.
  • Giniebum
    Options
    I'm new on here but I am really interested in all the comments for timeshare compensation. My husband and I are desperate to get rid of our timeshare but just don't know who to go with. All the 'cold callers' seem to be on the 'mindtimeshare' list of who NOT to go with!
    Has anyone heard of Shakespeare Compensation Ltd as they are not on the 'list'?!
  • Raymondo111
    Options
    Giniebum wrote: »
    I'm new on here but I am really interested in all the comments for timeshare compensation. My husband and I are desperate to get rid of our timeshare but just don't know who to go with. All the 'cold callers' seem to be on the 'mindtimeshare' list of who NOT to go with!
    Has anyone heard of Shakespeare Compensation Ltd as they are not on the 'list'?!

As other posters have mentioned depending on where your Timeshare is it is quite possible to walk away and not use any of the so-called Timeshare Exit Companies, if you tell us the name of the Timeshare that you have and where it is located there may be a way to walk away but not necessarily get any compensation, if you are happy with this please let us know.
  • johnydeath
    johnydeath Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March 2017 at 8:46PM
    Options
    AndyCox wrote: »
    My wife and I met with RSB Legal yesterday to discuss ending our CLC Gold membership,

We have now agreed to pay the legal costs which would be reclaimed together with the reimbursement of our membership fee, less 30% of the total claimed, which is RSB legal service charge.
    Andy Cox

Have just stumbled across this after getting a phone call from an agency representing RSB and looking for info.

Andy - as a Gold member you can hand back your membership on an annual basis by 31st Aug providing you are paid up for that year. You can use booking for the rest of that year. There is no charge but you walk away - it's in your club deeds but suggest you ask CLC for the latest info. They may get you to sign compensation disclaimers but that's your choice.

It sounds like you agreed to pay RSB legal costs up front - I now smell a rat.:eek:

Can you let us know how you are getting on please.
  • Bishopsfinger
    Options
    Hi In same boat different captain here

own infinity points and told as perpetual contract we have no way out. "without paying more money"

well had cold call from timeshare compensation and went to a meeting with ABC lawyers in . Stratford upon Avon- well the story is exactly the same as the OP
    no win no fee but have to pay £10k up front or £6k if we take some discount scheme

not happy with that and not singed for anything so ive done some digging around and found this forum and the below snipit from TESS

in the UK, there is approximately 500 – 600 thousand owners. And almost 50% of them own timeshares in Spain. As stated, the Spanish issue with regards to perpetuity has been settled. In the event that you have been sold a Timeshare after the 5th January 1999, that sale is unlawful. By way of Law 42/1998, the Spanish government issued a Law in respect to Timeshare and the right to occupy such. They determined that contracts in excess of 50 years were unfair and therefore unlawful.

Timeshare sellers appear to have ignored the Spanish Law and have a continuance the practice of selling Timeshares for periods in excess of 50 years. The issue then faced the Supreme Court in Madrid who fully supported the legislation and finally settled the issue in that, if a contract has been sold in perpetuity or in excess of 50 years, the entire contract is void if and when the consumers elects to void it.

_above from tesslimited web site

if the selling of perpetuity contracts is illegal then it would seem that we can just give notice that we wish to leave and then pay no more.

but ill do more digging before i take that action

if anyone else has more info on this please help
  • MobileSaver
    MobileSaver Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Giniebum wrote: »

No such company exists in the UK...
    Every generation blames the one before...
    Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport