Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dw1983
    • By Dw1983 12th Aug 16, 11:19 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Dw1983
    HSBC Credit limit
    • 12th Aug 16, 11:19 PM
    HSBC Credit limit 12th Aug 16 at 11:19 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have been trying to repair my credit history after problems a few years ago I have a capital one card at 1000 limit and an Mbna at 1000 limit.

I applied and was accepted for an HSBC credit card and it's come through today with a 6000 limit just wondered what the general starting limit they give is?

Thanks for any help
Page 8
    • A4445
    • By A4445 15th Apr 18, 2:43 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    A4445
    HSBC have finally admitted they have been so slow in processing my application (even though it got accepted) that it has expired on their system and the deal they offered me is no longer available. Hopeless.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    Log a complaint you should be due some compensation!
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 15th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    No compensation is due as no financial hardship has occured
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Apr 18, 5:31 PM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Alexland
    Yeah it's just annoying.
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 15th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    GM1880
    Why the obsession with financial compensation!? No wonder stuff costs so much, you have to factor in legal costs and stupid compensation amounts for pathetic claims into the cost of products.
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 19th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    GM1880
    Interestingly just got an email from HSBC saying:

Thank you for applying for a HSBC Credit Card.
    We!!!8217;d like to apologise, that due to a technical failure, we were unable to approve your application at the time it was made.
    We!!!8217;ll reprocess your application and will be in touch with you again shortly to let you know our decision, or if we need any additional information from you to make that decision.

How does this affect your credit file?
    When you made your application, an initial credit search was applied to your credit file. But don!!!8217;t worry, we!!!8217;ll remove the credit search which was recorded when you first made your application, so please be assured your credit history will not be affected by this error.

How does this affect your application?
    We will honour the Terms and Conditions as well as any offers available at the time of your application.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 21st Apr 18, 7:29 AM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Alexland
    Interesting, they haven't sent me that message.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

771Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter