IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Credit Services Association - Complaints procedure

Options
nice email for me this morning , must have been the comments I sent from the BPA regarding ANPR ltd , to them

I will host a copy along with the code of practice , It has to be d/loaded hand filled in and sent to them

anyone want a copy?

Comments

• Captain_Leaky
    Captain_Leaky Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Post it up Freddie, lets all have a look at it.
  • enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    ok , code of practice and complaints form

please download and fill in ,send etc ,

goodnight ANPR

(!!!!!!!s rung again last night!)

http://www.theterminalhut.com/public/code.pdf

http://www.theterminalhut.com/public/form.pdf
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    this is the letter received from them

Dear Alan xxxxx,

I understand you wish to make a complaint against one of our member companies and would like to know the process involved.

I have attached a copy of the Credit Services Association’s Code of Practice, which I hope will provide key information with regard to our members’ obligations. Also attached is an official complaints form. All formal complaints must be received in writing using this form, with the authority on the last page duly signed.

If you do wish to lodge a formal complaint with us, please note that the CSA can only deal with apparent violations of the Code of Practice.

Please note the following points for clarification on our complaints procedure:

a) We can only intervene in the collection practices of members if those practices breach the code.

b) We can only consider complaints which are about our members; we are unable to assess complaints about the clients of our members or the goods or services supplied by those clients.

c) We can only insist that a member double-checks the information supplied by their client if that information appears from the facts to be incorrect.

d) The Association cannot involve itself in claims for compensation or refunds.

Naturally, we appreciate that all cases are individual and if any concerns can be seen to be in violation of our Code of Practice, they will be given due consideration. However, I hope this gives some indication as to our role in the industry.

Kind Regards,

David

if anpr are allowed to do this , how much longer before every company quits the BPA ,

act now , make a formal complaint about ANPR getting info for parking ticket's from the DVLA illegally
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone asked why ANPR are allowed to join the CSA without being a "Credit Service"?
  • enfield_freddy
    edited 26 May 2015 at 2:02PM
    Options
    no , but ask them in the complaint form ,

can,t see an alternate resolution system listed , in fact the opposite!

b) We can only consider complaints which are about our members; we are unable to assess complaints about the clients of our members or the goods or services supplied by those clients.
  • Herzlos
    Options
    I haven't found anything in the COP yet that states a member has to be a credit service, just that they have any "applicable" licenses. Or anything that talks about disputed debts. So I'm not sure the complaint form is the correct approach.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    there actions , as I have stated

1: obtaining info from the DVLA without just cause

2: lying to site owners , stating that the CSA is a DVLA recognised ATA.

at this point , we don,t want them penalising , we actually want them ejected from the ASSOC , because they (ANPR) are illegally hiding behind the CSA ATA name.

the DVLA clearly state that the only way for a PPC to get info is via an APPROVED ATA

remember the words from liz symonds of the DVLA?

Dear Mr xxxxxx

DVLA do not release data to ANPR Limited for trespass and CSA is not recognised as a relevant ATA for the purposes of releasing data for parking / trespass purposes.

Kind regards

Liz

Elizabeth Symons
    Data Customer Assurance & Compliance Manager
    Data Sharing Assurance Team
  • Herzlos
    Options
    But equally as importantly is that they have presumably lied in order to join a trade body for a trade they aren't even involved in. That'd be a pretty quick route to getting removed. No point focusing on breaches of code of practice or ethics if they aren't even entitled to be a member in the first place.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    multiple complaints (even exaggerated) , with reference or copies of his tickets**/fake NTO would not go down with the assoc , presumably he is on a probation period

** showing trespass

print , write and waste a stamp/envelope and remove this parasite for good.

the comments from steve clark of the BPA say it all

The British Parking Association (BPA) has terminated the membership of ANPR Limited with immediate effect.

Following investigations arising from complaints by motorists, BPA Officers awarded 16 Sanction Points covering multiple Code of Practice breaches including failing to follow agreed procedures in handling motorist appeals and failing to live up to BPA customer service requirements.

While I can't speak for the CSA, the two sentences in bold above would be enough for me to carefully review an application to join the BPA if they were written by another ATA about the applicant.
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would point out to them that if they allow them to access DVLA data fraudulently on fraudulent statements they are jointly and severally liable for any claim for harassment in court.

That might focus them
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family