IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Credit Services Association - Complaints procedure

Options

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In theory if a company is kicked out of membership of one ATA they cannot just join another more congenial ATA as the sanction points should follow. It's irrelevant whether they are joining the other parking ATA or one of the other ATAs whose members are fast tracked to purchase keeper details. If they have been shown to be unfit to remain members of one ATA they are unfit for all. What do the DVLA say about this point?
  • enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    this goes further than ANPR , how many more PPCs are going to simply quit the BPA and the IPC if he gets away with this?

we have got cases like ACE security , actively bringing cases via this method http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/ace-security-cancels-baseless-court.html

so it looks like the CSA don,t know what is happening and allowing companies to join

IF we can get the CSA to act on this , then no new PPCs will be able to join , and this sham (ACE above) will stop!
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    If they have been shown to be unfit to remain members of one ATA they are unfit for all. What do the DVLA say about this point?

Just give us the money, usually :rotfl:
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    Originally Posted by nigelbb viewpost.gif If they have been shown to be unfit to remain members of one ATA they are unfit for all. What do the DVLA say about this point?

they say they are not a member of an approved (dvla) ATA

quote:

Dear Mr xxxxxx

DVLA do not release data to ANPR Limited for trespass and CSA is not recognised as a relevant ATA for the purposes of releasing data for parking / trespass purposes.

Kind regards

Liz

Elizabeth Symons
    Data Customer Assurance & Compliance Manager
    Data Sharing Assurance Team
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Originally Posted by nigelbb viewpost.gif If they have been shown to be unfit to remain members of one ATA they are unfit for all. What do the DVLA say about this point?

they say they are not a member of an approved (dvla) ATA

quote:

Dear Mr xxxxxx

DVLA do not release data to ANPR Limited for trespass and CSA is not recognised as a relevant ATA for the purposes of releasing data for parking / trespass purposes.

Kind regards

Liz

Elizabeth Symons

I would reply to that well my dear they are obtaining Keeper details via the CSA for parking events so either you are lying to me, or the CSA are lying to you to obtain it on their behalf, if it is the latter I expect you to put an immediate halt to it, as in right now and launch a full investigation in to why the CSA have let a parking firm join them and abuse their access to keeper details.
    This matter is a most serious breech of trust and regulations and I expect urgent action.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    the DVLA have been informed that ANPR are a member of the CSA , and a freedom of information act request is in progress ,

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for your e-mail of today requesting information on:

How many times has information from the DVLA been passed to ANPR Ltd reg office Blackpool Rd Preston, between 1st April 2015 and today (22/05/2015) and on what grounds they were asked for.

The DVLA are dealing with your request under the terms of The Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Your request has been given reference number: FOIRxxxx.

You should receive a reply to your request no later than 22 June 2015. If you have any further questions or enquiries on this request please quote the reference number.

Thanks & Regards,

David A Morgan
    Freedom of Information Team
    Data Sharing & Protection Group | Strategy, Policy and Communications Group | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA6 7JL
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk
    GTN 1213 Ext 88586
    (01792) 788586

8 June 2015 - the counterpart is abolished.
    Find out more at: www.gov.uk/dvla/nomorecounterpart

also the BPA know and have written to the DVLA

we actually need a user who HAS received a NTO , then we can ask "who" asked for the info

we need to shut every door on ANPR and any others that leave the BPA and the IPC

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am as others here no friend of old Trev, but what are you complaining about?

What have they done so far, have they gained a keepers details?

Have they told untruths about being in an DVLA ATA?

They joined the CSA ATA before they were kicked out of the BPA, maybe the CSA will look at that and terminate them. However it is an ATA for a different purpose so they may not. (although I cant see why they would need a CSA registration)

I do not believe the CSA will act as they have not done anything to complain about yet it seems. No one here knows why he has decided to join the CSA, why not wait until they actually do something wrong?
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Because they are obviously doing something wrong. This can only be an attempt to get round the ATA requirement for the DVLA. Why else would Trev join an unrelated ATA just before getting booted out of the BPA?
  • enfield_freddy
    edited 26 May 2015 at 4:31PM
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    I am as others here no friend of old Trev, but what are you complaining about?

What have they done so far, have they gained a keepers details?

They joined the CSA ATA before they were kicked out of the BPA, maybe the CSA will look at that and terminate them. However it is an ATA for a different purpose so they may not. (although I cant see why they would need a CSA registration)

I do not believe the CSA will act as they have not done anything to complain about yet it seems. No one here knows why he has decided to join the CSA, why not wait until they actually do something wrong?

YES

Mr. xxxxx,

Further to your earlier email correspondence with my colleague Ms. Parmenter, I can advise you that ANPR Ltd have supplied a copy of their membership of The Credit Services association which is an ATA registered with DVLA.

Yours

Tony Duffy
    Preston Council

Dear Mr xxxx

The CSA is not recognised as a relevant ATA for the purposes of releasing data for parking / trespass purposes.

Kind regards

Liz

Elizabeth Symons

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    Because they are obviously doing something wrong. This can only be an attempt to get round the ATA requirement for the DVLA. Why else would Trev join an unrelated ATA just before getting booted out of the BPA?

No one knows why he has joined another ATA maybe he thought he could gain keepers details, but until we see proof he has requested a keepers details we don't know.

Make the CSA and DVLA aware but what are you going to complain about if he hasnt done anything yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure