LLoyds TSB PPI Claim

Options
scott1979_2
scott1979_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 6 April 2015 at 1:24PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hello All, Hoping someone can help me. My 2nd post on this forum in 6 years membership, oh the shame!! :-)

I've been trying to claim PPI for a Lloyds TSB loan I had around 2006 / 2007, I've since closed the bank account, and repaid the loan in full, so I don't not have the account number or any statements relating to the account / loan or PPI.

So I completed and posted the PPI claim form I downloaded from the Lloyds bank website and posted it off to them.

I've since had a letter back from Lloyds bank stating that they have checked and found no accounts under my name, which I find hard to believe. They have asked that I provide proof that I had a loan account with them in order to progress the claim within the next 14 days or they will cancel the claim.

Is there anything else I can do from this point?

Cheers,

Scott

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there anything else I can do from this point?

Provide them with that proof.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • scott1979_2
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Provide them with that proof.

Which would be an account number / statements, which my original post mentions I don't have.
  • addedvaluebob
    Options
    Write to the bank with a subject access request. Given that it is fairly recent they should still have a record somewhere that the PPI team cannot be bothered to look for. It will only cost £10
  • scott1979_2
    Options
    Write to the bank with a subject access request. Given that it is fairly recent they should still have a record somewhere that the PPI team cannot be bothered to look for. It will only cost £10

Thanks Bob, will look into this.

I have filled out a template letter I got off this site, is the SAR something additional I need to ask for?
  • welshgasman
    welshgasman Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Did you send the request to Lloyds or TSB?

They are separate companies now.
  • scott1979_2
    edited 6 April 2015 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Did you send the request to Lloyds or TSB?

They are separate companies now.

I sent it to Lloyds, that thought did cross my mind, so might be worth sending a copy to TSB also.

postal address is certainly the same for posting ppi claim forms.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LLoyds took on liability for all pre TSB stuff.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • welshgasman
    welshgasman Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    LLoyds took on liability for all pre TSB stuff.

Well the O/P needs to tell them to look harder, if he is certain it was with LTSB. ;D
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    scott1979 wrote: »
    Thanks Bob, will look into this.

I have filled out a template letter I got off this site, is the SAR something additional I need to ask for?

SAR template letter is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

It will cost £10 (cheque or PO).

Do note that details on accounts are typically deleted 6 years after they were closed (due to data protection laws) so if your loan was open until say 2010 you should be ok to get whatever they have left - if it was closed on or before April 2009 it'll depend what they can find as it may all be archived and deleted from the systems that the SAR team can access (I believe from posts by Magpiecottage that the SAR only has to be looked at by a temp with a reasonable knowledge of their systems).
  • scott1979_2
    edited 7 April 2015 at 8:05AM
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    SAR template letter is here:

It will cost £10 (cheque or PO).

Do note that details on accounts are typically deleted 6 years after they were closed (due to data protection laws) so if your loan was open until say 2010 you should be ok to get whatever they have left - if it was closed on or before April 2009 it'll depend what they can find as it may all be archived and deleted from the systems that the SAR team can access (I believe from posts by Magpiecottage that the SAR only has to be looked at by a temp with a reasonable knowledge of their systems).

Ok, thanks folks.

Loan was 2006 / 2007 which is 8/9 years ago. Recently lost my job so just wondering if it's worth paying out £10 for the SARS if it's going to be a high probability I'll get nothing back for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure