Women and cats will do as they please! :)

Options

Comments

• TheMagician
    TheMagician Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Made the potatoes, absolutely delicious. Decided to just simply have it with salad. Enough left for 3 lunches, will have to top up with salad and maybe some ham/tongue.

Shopping came to £44! :rotfl: A fair bit more than expected but then I actually bought loads, all lunches and dinners so shouldn't need to shop till next weekend. Also plenty of household items. Going to try to stick to £200 for this month again which I'd be very very pleased with.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey The Magician - your spa day and birthday celebrations sound great. I'm glad you had fun.

Your savings pot is certainly growing at some speed - well done!!!

Have you had the money question yet? Its a tough one to do I know and its hard putting a value on yourself - and step away from the cake!!!!
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Thanks judi24 it really is all moving along nicely! As your debt free date too, you're doing fantastically well.

I haven't had the money conversation yet, no. Things are a little all over the place at the moment, everyone's panicking. I don't know why because as far as I'm concerned it'll mostly fall on me and a little bit on another person. So I should be the one worried but I'm not actually. The panic will probably set in as he leaves :rotfl: So my role hasn't been completely defined yet hence no money conversation. But it'll happen within the next 4 weeks, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to know where I stand. But it looks like I'm left waiting on other people playing catch up, emotions all over the place. Anywho, staying patient knowing that resolution is in sight and it'll benefit me.
  • TheMagician
    Options
    P.S. The cake was beyond amazing! Only one slice left and I'm staying well away :rotfl: My tummy wasn't made for these delicious spongy creamy custardy strawberryy chocolatey treats :o:p
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Hello Diary :)

We've been really good so far and have earned 2 NDSs in a row already, not that I'm counting :D Awesome!

Work situation is still up in the air at the moment. I have escalated this to MD now as well, decisions need to be made and they need to be made now. Still feeling good about it though, staying patient and making sure I'm on top form.

Work is beyond busy, I'm trying to do 10 working days job in 4 :rotfl: So I can study next week and learn new stuff at work on Friday. I'm actually very close to achieving this, going to have to really put my back into it tomorrow and get it finished.

So money's in check, work is mental and exam in 10 days, sounds about right :D

Magician
  • judi24
    Options
    I can empathise with the crazy work and study balancing act! I am ramping up again as next assignment is due mid April but this is the research proposal for my dissertation so I need to work out what I am going to do!!!

Great news on the NSD's too!!! Hopefully the MD will listen and get some resolution for you around the money - it would be driving me mad!!!!

Keep going you are doing great on all fronts!!!
  • TheMagician
    Options
    I know judi24
    It's a waiting game which I'm pretty good at :D I know that eventually it'll turn out very well so it's worth staying patient for. 4 weeks and counting.
    Got a lot to keep me occupied for now, lots new learning at work which is exciting! Things are often done last minute here so I'm not in the least surprised :)

So glad I can study all of next week, 5daysx8hrs=40hrs of study yay plus 2 weekend at probably 6hrs each or so =64hrs. That should do it! Fingers crossed, it'd be great to pass the exam just before the change at work.

Another NSD today, 3 in a row now. I was tempted to go out and grab a coffee but I just made one at work :T We have Nespresso machines so it's just as nice as a bought one.

Feeling pretty tired so early nights for me recently. Must keep my strength up.

Magician
  • judi24
    Options
    Great to have a block of study time like that - I struggle with a day here and there but di so much better with a block - so I am sure you will be fine!

Well done with another NSD!!!! The Girl is on Fire!!!!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Magician

here are two of my favourite speedy recipes:

Creamy Egg Curry Much nicer than it sounds. I make it without the yoghurt if I want a spicier dish. You can boil the eggs in advance to save time too (they're best left slightly soft - 8 mins).

One-pan Salmon with Roast Asparagus This one can work out a little more expensive. I buy frozen salmon when it's on offer and that works well. One pan, hardly any preparation, healthy and tasty.

I usually post recipes on my diary as part of my money saving efforts. I get a weekly veg delivery and meal plan around this so as not to waste anything. So, they're not necessarily budget recipes but use seasonal produce so cheaper in that respect.

Good luck with your studies.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • TheMagician
    Options
    Hello Diary :)

I'm in a study zone now, did some at the weekend and a full 8hrs at work today. Planning on doing a few more once the little one is asleep.

After picking DS up noticed his eyes were glazed. He's got 38C fever :undecided My baby is very healthy and cannot remember last time he was unwell, well over a year ago so this is surprising. Gave 7.5ml of Nurofen and after an hour and having had dinner and loads of water he says he's feeling well. So fingers crossed he sleeps it off tonight. I'd rather study from the office because I'll get more done than entertaining DS but I won't send him to school with fever. so fingers crossed for very speedy recovery which I'm sure will happen :T

Things at work are still unresolved but I've now taken the initiative into my own hands and will be having a meeting with MD tomorrow if I can catch him for 10min. I will get this sorted asap one way or the other :j

NSD today, that makes it 4 I think. Spent £42 in Aldi on Saturday and there's plenty for all lunches and dinners. Food shopping stands at £90 now for two weeks which is excellent for us, very chuffed.

Did go out for a meal on Friday with DS and a friend, was quite stressed for some reason in the day so DF prescribed dinner and Monopoly :rotfl: DS looooooves that game but he's so competitive, just had to win :D So that was £20 but money well spent, was very relaxed by the end of the night.

Tata for now :)

Magician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family