Does Halifax Clarity card say "Clarity"?

Options
asnac
asnac Posts: 15 Forumite
I know that the Halifax Clarity card is currently the best to use abroad. But I'm a bit confused. I've already got a Halifax card, but it doesn't say 'Clarity' on it so I assumed it was not a Clarity card. When I looked on the Halifax website in order to apply for the Clarity card, the card pictured looks like mine, same colour and logos, again without the word 'Clarity' on it anywhere.

So is my card actually a Clarity card even though it doesn't have that word on it?

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, they don't have "Clarity" written on them.

Have you spent at least £300 in one month using the card? If so, if it is a Clarity card you would have received a £5 reward the following month.

If not, what do the terms you have say? Did you keep screenprints of the application process?

Failing all of that giving you the answer - phone them and ask.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you spent at least £300 in one month using the card? If so, if it is a Clarity card you would have received a £5 reward the following month.
    Not necessarily. There's still a requirement to hold a Halifax current account and meet some other conditions attached to it.
  • OllyM
    OllyM Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Check your statements - mine say 'Halifax Clarity' on the front.
  • dingdong3000
    Options
    My statement said's Halifax Mastercard and card has a big X at the front with no 'Halifax Clarity' written on it though its a Clarity card.
  • Wammer
    Wammer Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If you use online banking it shows the card as "Halifax Clarity Mastercard"
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OllyM wrote: »
    Check your statements - mine say 'Halifax Clarity' on the front.

Mine doesn't. Neither my card or statement indicate I have a Halifax Clarity Credit Card.
  • antonymp
    antonymp Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    asnac wrote: »
    I know that the Halifax Clarity card is currently the best to use abroad. But I'm a bit confused. I've already got a Halifax card, but it doesn't say 'Clarity' on it so I assumed it was not a Clarity card. When I looked on the Halifax website in order to apply for the Clarity card, the card pictured looks like mine, same colour and logos, again without the word 'Clarity' on it anywhere.

So is my card actually a Clarity card even though it doesn't have that word on it?

I definitely have a Halifax Clarity card and mine is mine is dark blue with white around the edge, it doesn't say Clarity on the card.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    antonymp wrote: »
    I definitely have a Halifax Clarity card and mine is mine is dark blue with white around the edge, it doesn't say Clarity on the card.

My Halifax Clarity card also does not say Clarity on the card

I agree with Wammer (post #6). The best way is to check it in online banking it should show shows the card as "Halifax Clarity Mastercard". This is also shown on my Halifax online banking.
    Further confirm it with their customer service y this way you will be 100% sure.
  • Roland_Sausage
    Options
    Occasionally you'll get something like this at the bottom of the statement:

gMztK1J.png

Other than this, there is nothing to tell you that you have a Clarity card. My online banking just shows it as Halifax Mastercard.
  • antonymp
    antonymp Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Occasionally you'll get something like this at the bottom of the statement:

gMztK1J.png

Other than this, there is nothing to tell you that you have a Clarity card. My online banking just shows it as Halifax Mastercard.

Just checked my account online and mine too only says "Halifax Mastercard" plus it has a picture of a black Halifax credit card on it.
    Now I'm really confused??? LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport