We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Does Halifax Clarity card say "Clarity"?

Options
124»

Comments

• PennyForThem_2
    PennyForThem_2 Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mandragora wrote: »
    I have to close one account, wait for it to go through the admin, then apply for a new card, and then in up to six months can find out if I can be approved. So a completely new customer, who they don't know anything about gets a service which is far preferential to that of a current, loyal, always paid the bills customer. Mad. It makes me remember why I put the original Halifax Mastercard into mothballs....

Complain! Try the webform and be frustrated. Try phoning and be left fuming. Then write a nice letter stating succinctly what you have posted here. Tell them about the frustrating webform as well.

I have got £40 out of them for that! I so agree! Loyal customers are used like doormats. So fight back.

(You don't have to wait 6 months but that is the belief of branch staff - I got told that too. You have to wait 60 days because of the dinosaur way they transfer on a monthly basis information about card holders.....:mad: )
  • asnac
    asnac Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    My assumption was wrong then.
    Phone them and ask OP
    Thanks, I've done so. The person said definitively that what I've got is a Clarity card.

It was also useful calling as she made a note of when I was going to be abroad, and where, to reduce the risk of the card being declined.

(Or so that she can arrange for me to be burgled while I'm away.)
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After seeing this thread thought I would double check, online banking says Halifax Clarity, but as mentioned nothing on the card itself.
  • fuisdale5
    fuisdale5 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    There are 2 halifax clarity credit cards and the rewards clarity cc that pays £5 when you spend £300 can only be open in branch and over the telephone and you must have a qualifying current account with halifax to get this card.

The 2nd clarity credit card is for those who open the account online over the phone or branch or have no current account with the halifax and don't get the £5 reward each month.

my online banking and bank card doesn't say clarity as it has the clarity design and logo.

Hope the above makes sense.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2014 at 3:02PM
    Options
    fuisdale5 wrote: »
    There are 2 halifax clarity credit cards and the rewards clarity cc that pays £5 when you spend £300 can only be open in branch and over the telephone and you must have a qualifying current account with halifax to get this card.

The 2nd clarity credit card is for those who open the account online over the phone or branch or have no current account with the halifax and don't get the £5 reward each month.

my online banking and bank card doesn't say clarity as it has the clarity design and logo.

Hope the above makes sense.

No.
    There is one card. It can be applied for online, by phone or in branch.
    If you meet the qualifying conditions you get the £5 reward.

I applied online for mine in January this year and receive the reward payment.

The card can be applied for online here
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/

The T+Cs for the card are online see section 11 for the reward payment terms.
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/terms/
  • PennyForThem_2
    PennyForThem_2 Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My CC is not clarity, is blue and appears blue on website, and I have had it for a very long time (at least 5 years).

You do not have to wait 6 months - it is 60 days. If you were told 6 months, complain and say it has caused you inconvenience and stress to be told this - and accept the £ compensation.
  • awolo1
    awolo1 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    why hasn't anybody pointed out the obvious - ring your bank and check?

geez....
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    awolo1 wrote: »
    why hasn't anybody pointed out the obvious - ring your bank and check?

geez....

Did you read the very first reply in this thread from a week ago?!
    Failing all of that giving you the answer - phone them and ask.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have had a Clarity for a number of years, nowhere is clarity mentioned on the card or online
  • giblet10
    giblet10 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    I got my Clarity card in May - doesn't say Clarity on the card and online banking shows a picture of a black Mastercard - the title of the card simply says Halifax Mastercard.

I've used it abroad a few times though and it definitely isn't charging fees - it looks like a clarity card, quacks like a clarity card, probably is a clarity card.
    Never argue with an idiot. Especially not this idiot because I'm always right anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport