Warning: Wells Poultry www.chicken-house.co.uk

Options
Be aware that if you order from this company you may not receive your order. They do not answer the phone, nor do they respond to emails.

I ordered a couple of items which should have been delivered within 8 working days. I actually don't mind if it takes longer, I just want someone to have the decency to talk to me.

Credit card charge back initiated.

Comments

• colmad222
    Options
    The Saint, did you ever get the goods. I've ordered 13 days ago. Heard nothing, called their laughable "Help Desk" and emailed with absolutely no response. Nobody answers wither phone or emails.

Colin
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We had the same problem. No answers to email and delivery took a few weeks. They're on Twitter, @wellspoultryltd might be worth trying to get a response on there, although it looks like he hasn't been on there since earlier in the month.

After the fiasco with them, we tried Flytesofancy and the customer service was exellent and delivery only took a couple of days.

Good luck!
  • DurhamGuy
    DurhamGuy Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2014 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Sorry I think this might be bad news

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] went into liquidation around end of May 2014. In the past [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] went into liquidation.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Same physical address.
  • Gigervamp
    Options
    That's interesting DurhamGuy. So, he's one of those business men that just keep changing the company name whenever he goes bust. There really should be a law against that.
  • Moocow5
    Moocow5 Posts: 460 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2014 at 11:36AM
    Options
    DurhamGuy wrote: »
    Sorry I think this might be bad news

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] went into liquidation around end of May 2014. In the past [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] went into liquidation.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Hi DurhamGuy,
    Any chance you can give a link to confirm that info please? I've tried Googling it and can't find anything about them having gone into liquidation. I'm looking to do a chargeback on a debit card and it will help with my claim.
    Thanks in advance.
  • DurhamGuy
    DurhamGuy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    on Facebook join "poultry pages" it's an advice forum. there are posts on there relating to Wells Poultry.

I hope you meant credit card not debit card. I don't think you can do charge backs on Debit cards.
  • Moocow5
    Moocow5 Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    DurhamGuy wrote: »
    on Facebook join "poultry pages" it's an advice forum. there are posts on there relating to Wells Poultry.

I hope you meant credit card not debit card. I don't think you can do charge backs on Debit cards.

Ok, thanks DurhamGuy. I don't have a Facebook account but will get a friend to check it out.

Yes, it's a Visa debit card we paid with, but it's still possible to do a chargeback. Here's the link on MSE if it helps anyone in the same predicament:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

There were hundreds of 5 star reviews on Wells Poultry's actual website, hence I naively ordered from them. They are very misleading though, as when one looks on the internet for reviews of the company itself they are horrendous. So those 5 star reviews can't be genuine.

I checked on the Companies House (London) website to see if the company had folded, but unfortunately it can take weeks for it to show up on there.
  • happygirl148
    happygirl148 Posts: 98 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2014 at 1:54PM
    Options
    It's showing on Companies House that 1 is dissolved and 1 is still active -

and as pointed out they are now trading as Green Valley Poultry Supplied

it says on their website -

We do not have a retail shop but visitors are welcome by appointment. If possible please place your order online and use the country option "UK - Customer Collect" when entering your address. There is no shipping charge for this option but some large items may still include a handling charge.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]http://www.chicken-house.co.uk

Seems they can't even supply a proper phone number going by the above .
  • Gigervamp
    Options
    Seeing the date the first company was dissolved, it's no wonder we had problems getting our order as it was around that date (or shortly before) that we ordered from them.
  • swissland
    Options
    Same boat for me unfortunately..I naively went by the good reviews on their website and placed a big order (from abroad). Over 2 months and no response to my many requests for a refund.

I guess theres nothing I can do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport