Enterprise rent-a-car - dont give a stuff attitude...

Options
paulfoel
paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 28 February 2013 at 2:05PM in Motoring
Picked up hire car yesterday. Driving along the motorway today - no windscreen wash - nice one. This was apparently checked according to the thing in the car.....

Phoned the depot. They told me I'd have to come to them. No apology, they basically did not give a stuff.

Told them I didn't have time to drive around today. Not interested. Told them I would go and buy some washer fluid and they could pay for it.

Depot is about 15 mins drive from office. If they'd been nice about and said they'd pop up to sort then I'd have been happy but the young lady on the phone just could not give a stuff.

I know its only washer fluid but, apparently, you can get fined for driving without.

If I take the car back without re-fuelling it then they'll charge me £stupid because they've got to to the effort of filling it up. But they screw up and they still expect me to go out of my way...

Not impressed at all....
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Ring customer service on 0800 111 4312
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can get a fine for driving with an empty washer bottle, (worse, if they stop you and your windscreen is considered obscured by dirt you can also get points) so why not stick some water in it and moan at them when you get the chance?

If you get caught, you will get done, not them!
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You can get a fine for driving with an empty washer bottle, (worse, if they stop you and your windscreen is considered obscured by dirt you can also get points) so why not stick some water in it and moan at them when you get the chance?

If you get caught, you will get done, not them!

Water without screen wash freezes. Might cause problems...
  • Chopper_Read
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »

And?

Ice also defrosts.
  • flyingscotno1
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »

Water with screenwash freezes too. Most cheap ones will freeze at -1 to -5c unless you buy one good enough to stop freezing down to a lower temp.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All that for the sake of a £1 bottle of screen wash, it probably cost more in phone calls.

I despair sometimes.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What did you expect to happen? A discount or for them to send out a recovery wagon with a fresh car?
    Have a go at them if you really want, but have an aim in mind.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Paul,

We’ve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130228-000306 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
    Genelle
    Social Media Coordinator
    Enterprise Rent A Car

If you are a genuine employee of Enterprise, please read the forum rules regarding posting on behalf of you company and seek the necessary permissions to do so.
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    All that for the sake of a £1 bottle of screen wash, it probably cost more in phone calls.

I despair sometimes.

I agree.

However, this is a very basic check that should really be done.

If they haven't checked that, have the opened the bonnet to check the oil? Is the brake fluid ok? Etc etc.

If someone is cutting corners on simple checks, that is bad news for someone expecting to pick up a safe and road legal car.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • paulfoel
    Options
    And?

Ice also defrosts.

But it expands too and splits pipes/bottles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport