We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Enterprise rent-a-car - dont give a stuff attitude...

Options

Comments

• paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Paul,

We’ve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130228-000306 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
    Genelle
    Social Media Coordinator
    Enterprise Rent A Car

Thanks Genelle. Depot could have sorted this easily. Not interested now - Im going to just put water in there. DOnt have time to phone people, wait for you to phone depot etc.

Next time I will remember though when hiring a car...
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Water is free (sometimes) and freezes at the same temperature as the cheapo washer fluid anyway.

I had some cheap stuff from asda in the boot a couple of years back and it froze, Oddly the 500ml bottle of water also there didnt.

Or does that say more about whats in the bottled water? Well its summer now anyway :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• westwood68
    Options
    Personally I'd just stick in some water with a big dose of cheapo washing up liquid & as much salt as possible to stop it freezing.

There would be an argument for filling the bottle with the proper stuff yourself had they *not* marked the washer bottle as being checked.

Lazy ba&*ards basically. They should be working for the council (or the BBC)
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Spookily, the rear is working but front is not. Looking at manual I can't see that there are two separate tanks...

Think it may be more a case of washers broke rather than tank empty. :-(
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463 Forumite
    Options
    westwood68 wrote: »
    Personally I'd just stick in some water with a big dose of cheapo washing up liquid & as much salt as possible to stop it freezing.

There would be an argument for filling the bottle with the proper stuff yourself had they *not* marked the washer bottle as being checked.

Lazy ba&*ards basically. They should be working for the council (or the BBC)

a big no no, the washing up liquid will eventually clog the washer system,
    I am surprised at Enterprise as I have hired many cars from them and received excellent service every time

op why even bother phoning them just top the thing up, at the end of the day it is up to the DRIVER of a vehicle to make sure it complies to the law
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • Chopper_Read
    Options
    hartcjhart wrote: »
    a big no no, the washing up liquid will eventually clog the washer system,
    I am surprised at Enterprise as I have hired many cars from them and received excellent service every time

op why even bother phoning them just top the thing up, at the end of the day it is up to the DRIVER of a vehicle to make sure it complies to the law

Won't be the ops problem when it blocks. Anyway sounds like there maybe another issue.
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    Spookily, the rear is working but front is not. Looking at manual I can't see that there are two separate tanks...

Think it may be more a case of washers broke rather than tank empty. :-(

so you are saying you've had all these calls and grief and haven't actually checked that the bottle is empty?

If the fault is with the washers you have a much bigger concern. I'd have been sure before making the complaint.

Chances are it is fluid left in the line though - unless you've deliberately trying to use as much as possible to see if it does run out!
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had a hire car (via insurance) last year, they didn't put a tax disc in the car. We had collected the car on Saturday morning, when we realised in the afternoon they'd closed. Called the helpline who told me it would be fine and not to worry... Asked them about the offence of failing to display so they sent an area manager out with a replacement car, they replaced a top spec insignia with a zafira :-(

Am picking up another hire car (insurance again as was hit by some uninsured driver yesterday) tomorrow from them so will be checking tax disc ;-) ........ And windscreen wash!
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Filled up this morning. Washer at front broken. I can see it all running out on my driveway...

Not cool - could have been sorted 24 hours ago by depot if they had been bothered to drive 10 mins to come and take a look.
  • westwood68
    westwood68 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    Filled up this morning. Washer at front broken. I can see it all running out on my driveway...

Not cool - could have been sorted 24 hours ago by depot if they had been bothered to drive 10 mins to come and take a look.

I had that on my old 200SX. If they are accessible you could just swap the tube round on the take off from the washer bottle then use the rear switch to wash the front windows. Depends how desperate you are and how dangerous it is to drive I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport