We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Enterprise rent-a-car - dont give a stuff attitude...

Options
124»

Comments

• Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brake lights can go pop at any time. It could have gone after the inspection, during the point where they bring it around the front for you.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hintza wrote: »
    Discovering how to wipe his own backside would do for starters. This thread really is a non problem. Don't sweat the small stuff for goodness sake.

Or in your case - teach them to read.

If you manage it, I think you will that my issue is mainly with their attitude and the fact it turned out the washers were faulty so:-

1. It wasnt checked in the first place.
    2. Enterprise couldnt be bothered to help sort the problem out.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff
    Now I don't want to be all alarmist and health and safety, and think of the children etc. - but don't you see that Enterprise gave out an unroadworthy car? That's not small stuff.
    A bulb would be more understandable, it could have gone after it had been 'checked', but washer fluid should not be empty.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually it's not that it was empty, it's that the washer didn't actually work.

While more alarming, in a way it's more understandable. Their staff will have a checklist to go through before they let a car out and it will be all the usual stuff... petrol in tank, tread depth, lights, washer fluid etc.

I've never seen a car checklist like that that includes actually firing the washers, even the ridiculous backside-covering daily checklist that our work give us (apparently we're supposed to check for battery leaks daily, in a car where the battery is completely covered) doesn't include firing the washers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport