IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal - Advice appreciated

Options
I have been reading the forum whilst I have been going back and forth with ParkingEye over the last few months and they have finally send me details of the POPLA appeal process with the verification code and I would apprecaite some advise.

When do Parkingye have to pay for this process, when they have given me the code or when I actually make the appeal using the code ?

What are peoples opinions on whether making or not making the appeal will effect my changes in court down the line if parkingeye take this further (i know it is a long shot), but making the appeal and losing will it be taken into account or even not making the appeal will it make my case look weak ?

Finally I would appreciate some advise on making the appeal as the grounds for appeal are very narrow, which one should I go for , parking charge excceded the appropriate amount, i.e it should be zero or I am not liable for the parking charge as it has no validity ?

Any advise on what wording to use would also be appreciated?

Thanks for your time

Comments

• BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2013 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Don't bother making an appeal just ignore n do nothing

Parking eye won't do court so that's not a consideration
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrDance wrote: »
    I have been reading the forum whilst I have been going back and forth with ParkingEye over the last few months and they have finally send me details of the POPLA appeal process with the verification code and I would apprecaite some advise.

When do Parkingye have to pay for this process, when they have given me the code or when I actually make the appeal using the code ? Presumably when you make the appeal as the appellant makes the appeal and until they do, POPLA don't know of the case

What are peoples opinions on whether making or not making the appeal will effect my changes in court down the line if parkingeye take this further (i know it is a long shot), but making the appeal and losing will it be taken into account or even not making the appeal will it make my case look weak ? No one knows at present and can only speculate until some history is available. Until then, anyone can only guess.

Finally I would appreciate some advise on making the appeal as the grounds for appeal are very narrow, which one should I go for , parking charge excceded the appropriate amount, i.e it should be zero or I am not liable for the parking charge as it has no validity ? Depends upon your circumstances. The non validity seems a waste of time as, if POPLA accepted that private parking charges were never valid, then what's the purpose of POPLA.

Any advise on what wording to use would also be appreciated? Forgive me, but without you supplying any background to your particular reason for appealing, how could anyone realistically give you any wording???

Thanks for your time

Not sufficient information either from you or POPLA experiences to give you any sensible advice at this time.
  • MrDance
    MrDance Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if I have not given enough info, i thought most of these were the same, the PCN is for overstaying the "free" 2 hour parking on a retail park. Not sure what other details people would like to know. I did not feel the extra 35 mins warrented a payment of £100 discounted to £60.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its a FAKE ticket/invoice, just ignore this SCAM.
  • BASFORDLAD
    Options
    Dont waste your time ,

it really isnt going to do you any good
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    POPLA is a Kangaroo court set up by parking companies to fool people in to thinking the charges have some validity.
    Dont bother, all they do is rubber stamp the parking companies illegal demands by converting it in to long worded codswallop jargon designed to read like a legal wording ruling.
    It is not, just a self funding back patting club of no legal standing.
    Just another layer of the deception that is private parking.
    Be happy...;)
  • MrDance
    MrDance Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise, i have to admit I was thinking the same thing I just wanted to check I was not missing anything by not appealing to POPLA. I will keep you posted if this goes any further other than the chasing letters.
  • Dublindel
    Dublindel Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    What do you mean backward and forward. You should appeal and be rejected, then appeal to POPLA. Don't worry about when PE. have to pay. Right now we need a string of appeals to gauge POPLA. If you lose and I expect you will judging by early indications, you can then ignore. As has been said, PE don't do court. The level of evidence or arguments required in court is much greater than a private untested associate of the BPA.
  • BASFORDLAD
    Options
    it wont, just expect the usual toilet paper letters

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The parking companies will benefit from POPLA Kangaroo court charges.
    They will have a legitimate expense to ofset against tax and thus use as arguments that charges imposed are costs not penalties.
    Dance with the Devil at by all means, but it will come at a price.
    Be happy...;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport