PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

NBM Conveyancing Solicitors

Options

Comments

• ItsyBitsySpider
    Options
    Dealing with NBM in Chelmsford was one of the worst experiences of my life - PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. They may appear efficient and reasonably priced in the beginning but I suffered inexplicable delays, dishonesty, refusal to answer emails / phone calls and charging for monies not owed. I found James Broadhead to be extremely rude, sarcastic and intimidating. All in all a dismal performance on NBM's part and a lesson well learned for me.

Thanks for posting your experience. These cowboys under estimate the prospective damage caused by an unhappy customers. I was considering using this company, I bumped into this old thread
    and did not use their services in the end. Rude, sarcastic and intimidating service providers don't have a right to exist in the market. End of.

I hope everything ended well at your end.
  • dominoman
    dominoman Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am using them for my flat purchase and so far they have been pretty good.

They are not always quick to respond to the online tracker queries but by phone I have found them to be fairly responsive.

My purchase has not been straightforward because of lease issues and NBM have been helpful throughout.

I guess it depends on which solicitor is dealing with your case.
  • Leesons
    Leesons Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 May 2014 at 9:47AM
    Options
    DO NOT USE THESE SOLICITORS. Use these at your peril. I used them for conveyancing for a house purchase. My named solicitor was (text removed from MSE Forum Team) though he gets clerks to do the work. They were RUDE, didn't return my calls, inefficient, and to top it all, they didn't apply for mortgage funds within the banks timeframe and so I didn't complete my house purchase on 25 April 2014 as I was supposed to, as the bank didn't release the money in time, so now won't complete until 28 the april 2014. Look at the feedback they get on the website "Solicitors from hell ". That says it all!!! I'm not their only client this week who failed to complete on the day they were supposed to due to NBM inefficiency. They are cheap, but the stress and inconvenience caused by them has not been worth the few pounds saved !!
  • VickEPlum
    Options
    I used NBM for the purchase of my first property. They were very quick to respond to my initial enquiries and this is why I decided to go with them. I loved the online facility and found them to be a lot quicker to respond to emails via this forum than by phone - I actually never got through to anybody by phone. I did have to point out a few (what I deemed to be) obvious points that solicitors should have picked up, but in the end had fairly smooth, albeit impersonal transaction. I also got a cheque back as they seemed to have over charged me for something too :j
  • 1018hats
    1018hats Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I used them for conveyancing, and I wish I never had. They were disgracefully surly to the point of being very rude, as well as being uncooperative, unhelpful, uncommunicative, and very slow. The phones go unanswered for hours, answerphone messages are not returned, emails are ignored, the on-line case tracker is not responded to. Utterly hopeless, and don't deserve to be in business. Quite simply the worst solicitors I have ever used for any legal matter.
  • christopheros00
    Options
    I'm looking for a conveyancing firm in Bournemouth and was going to proceed with NBM, however having read these reviews, I will have to look elsewhere.
  • dominoman
    dominoman Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've bought a BTL flat using NBM and they were fine.

I suppose it depends who you get. Our solicitor was Tom Carley and he was helpful and fairly responsive.

You get what you pay for.

When I bought my family house we used a local firm that had been recommended, and yes they were excellent, but they cost three times as much as NBM, so they needed to be good!
  • Our buyers have been using NBM and they haved failed at all levels. Their professionalism and service is attrious - they fail to communicate at all levels and draw down mortgage funds in time for completion. Currently, they have cost us £100's in additional charges and we risk loosing £1000's as we are purchasing a new build. Our patience has been taken to an extreme level and stress levels off the scale.
    To give you an idea of the scale of their poor customer service - there have been over 100 failed communications by fax, email and phone in the last 7 days alone. At 4pm the day before we were suppose to move we finally received confirmation that the completion was not happening. They even left our solicitor on hold for 45 minutes and his communications to senior partners have had no effect in trying to sort this fiasco out!
    Use this firm at your peril and best of British if anyone in your move chain is using them!
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Thanks to everyone here for their feedback - I am currently finding a conveyancer for a new build through the Help to Buy scheme. This one was the cheapest, but based on the feedback, I'll go with the recommended solicitor. More expensive but at least a safer option....

I actually called NBM and spoke to someone, raising the points in this thread. The reply wasn't sufficient in my opinion. I was simply told I'd always be responded to in 24 hours but not that I'd have someone to call or speak to.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • drtarun
    Options
    Avoid them .very poor service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts