PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread

Options
How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'll start off with this one - fairly average, until you look at it via Property Bee. It's been on since 2008 !! :eek::eek:

History
date event
07 December 2010

Price changed: from '£299,950' to '£319,950'

14 October 2010

Price changed: from '£319,950' to '£299,950'

21 September 2010

Price changed: from '£329,950' to '£319,950'
Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

14 June 2010

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

30 August 2009

Price changed: from '£349,950' to '£329,950'

05 December 2008

Subtitle changed: 4 bedroom detached house

02 October 2008

Price changed: from '£369,950' to '£349,950'

25 July 2008

Initial entry found.
"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951

Comments

• tyler80
    tyler80 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    3 years and 5 months and the price has dropped a grand total of 10,000 pounds. Been sitting empty all that time too

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-8816373.html

Friday, May 06, 2011 6:13:08 PM

* Price changed: £129,950 Offers in Excess of £125,000

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:42:42 PM

* Brief Description changed: A DECEPTIVELY SPACIOUS three bedroom semi detached property REFURBISHED by the current owners being sold with NO UPWARD CHAIN. (contd...)
    * Price changed: from '£125,000' to '£129,950'

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:14:56 PM

* Brief Description changed: THIS PROPERTY WILL BE REDUCED TO A SPECIAL PRICE FOR OUR SALE ON THE 4TH & 5TH DECEMBER- CALL TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST. A DECEPTIVELY SPACIOUS three bedroom semi detached property REFURBISHED by the current owners being sold with NO UPWARD CHAIN. (contd...)
    * Price changed: from '£129,950' to '£125,000'

Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:01:59 PM

* Price changed: Offers in Excess of £135,000 £129,950

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:23:49 PM

* Subtitle changed: 3 bedroom semi-detached house

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:57:14 PM

* Initial entry found
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 May 2011 at 2:05PM
    Options
    makes you wonder what's going on doesn't it?! The one I posted is a tad on the high side for the area, but not ridiculously so.

My favourite "have a look at this" property atm though has to be this one. The last picture always makes me smile :)
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • WelshNic
    WelshNic Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Grimbal I'll be on rightmove this week, I'm hoping I don't turn up in this thread :D

I saw one a few weeks ago and according to property bee it had been on for 2 yrs and every 3 weeks they'd put the price up/down by 25k - most odd!
  • harrup
    harrup Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    Grimbal wrote: »
    My favourite "have a look at this" property atm though has to be this one. The last picture always makes me smile :)

Very cute...and clever advertising, too. I can't be the only soppy dog owner out there - that picture alone might swing the decision between this house and a similar one for me.

Incidentally...I do like the house in itself. But that pup made me like it even more.
  • cheap_charlie
    cheap_charlie Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grimbal wrote: »
    makes you wonder what's going on doesn't it?! The one I posted is a tad on the high side for the area, but not ridiculously so.

LOL!

Is the dog included in the price then?!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The dog would put me off. Can't stand the smell of a place with a dog. The owner doesn't usually think there's a smell but I can assure them, there is.
  • harrup
    harrup Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    The dog would put me off. Can't stand the smell of a place with a dog. The owner doesn't usually think there's a smell but I can assure them, there is.

I hear what you are saying - and this is from a person who loves dogs. It is fiendishly hard to eradicate dog odour even from the most well groomed and well kept of dogs.

Still, what often makes me laugh, I find the people who are MOST sensitive to even the faintest of dog odours...are young parents. Believe me - their places often STINK. From soiled nappies, spilt milk which has gone rancid and sour on carpets and soft furnishings - yet they are so accustomed to this smell ...they no longer register it at all.

If I truly liked the house though - be that from previous pets or previous kids - it wouldn't deter me one iota. So you have the house professionally shampooed and cleaned - no big deal.
  • loveGSDs
    loveGSDs Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    harrup wrote: »
    Very cute...and clever advertising, too. I can't be the only soppy dog owner out there - that picture alone might swing the decision between this house and a similar one for me.

Incidentally...I do like the house in itself. But that pup made me like it even more.

Id buy it for that pic alone! :p but then i do have a bit of a gsd obsession :)
    Moved into dream house - 17/08/12 :D
    Savings - £600
    Xmas 2013 - £43
    Credit card - £2741 :eek:
  • WelshNic
    WelshNic Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    harrup wrote: »

I'll see if I can find it later but I saw another where the kitchen photo was looking at the back door and a very sad dog was looking in from outside awww :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure