See tickets - warning about buying tickets from this company

Options
This is a warning to all concert goers and theatre goers who buy tickets from a company called See Tickets.

Over the last week they have failed to deliver several thousand festival tickets for The Reading and Leeds music festivals and have left many people high and dry.

As a result of this many forums etc have sprung up and it appears this company has been doing this for a long time, but it has only come to light recently due to the huge number of people involved this time.

Just type see tickets leeds festival in your search engine!

Comments

• Ems!
    Ems! Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    See tickets are one of the top major ticket sellers for gigs etc - pretty sure they handle glastonbury. Not saying they are perfect ( who is?) but they are not one of these dodgy ticket tout type small companies. No nothing about this allegation though - just googled and nothing untoward came up.

Edited to add - just found this, looks like there has just been a delay

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Ticket-agency-apologises-to-Leeds.6494082.jp
  • norflandonblue
    Options
    See Tickets maybe a major seller, but they have consistently failed to deliver thousands of tickets for major events in the last few years. The they charge premium rates for calling their 'customer sevices' number.
    When you say there has just been a delay, thousands of people who bought tickets in September 2009 have not received tickets for an event that starts today.
    I am unable to post links on here but go to the following sites and type in see tickets and you will change your opinion pretty quickly.

Facebook
    Petitionbuzz.com
    Reviewcentre.com

PS I assume you work for See Tickets :eek:
  • Stardust
    Stardust Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Its about normal for See, one year I had friends who had to queue at the ticket office outside the Reading site to pick up their tickets brought and paid for just after the previous festival. Sometimes Glastonbury tickets didn't get deliveried till the day before / day of departure but they have tightened up on this in the last year or so.
  • *R*_2
    Options
    I go to quite a few gigs and the earliest I've ever seen anything from See is the day before the event, often the day itself - I live outside London and this has affected my travel plans on a couple of occasions. Again on events booked several months in advance. I've seldom had this with any other ticket agencies.

The worst time I have used them is when they told me I would have to collect my tickets from the box office for a small venue. They didn't even try to send them (I've encountered the lack of sending a few times). Luckily I was bright enough (they weren't) to check whether the venue even had a box office. It didn't. The venue put me in touch directly with the promoter who put my party on the guest list. Would have been a wasted trip otherwise. Useless.

I've also been hung up on on more than one occasion (after paying a fortune to get through) because the person on the other end can't be bothered to deal with a polite query. You can call it 'cut off' but how many calls involving landlines are cut off nowadays?

I've heard a few people complain of not receiving any tickets. I dread to think how much postage a year they stick in their profits. I assume that is their motivation? Not to mention the profit from 0870 numbers - tidy little operation they have going there...
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    Options
    I've used see tickets on a number of occassions and never had a problem with delivery (not saying the problems dont happen, i just havent had any!) although i agree they do leave it a bit late to send tickets out, when youve booked them months in advance.

Last year tho i was due to get tickets for an event in the week of a postage strike and they sent them out a week early and then called to confirm i had received them, before the strike began. So sometimes they do manage to get things right!

I do however have a problem with there premium rate number and if you ever need to call them, then quite frankly its a waste of time.
  • Ems!
    Ems! Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    PS I assume you work for See Tickets :eek:

lol - errr.. nope . Just go to a lot of gigs , use them a lot and never had an issue. Most ticket co's don'gt despatch tickets till v close to event - to do with the promoters i think and it varys from event to event. eg. today I received tickets for an event in 2 months that i booked a few days ago. I have 3 gigs before that, all booked months ago, and not received any yet. Not worried.
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    Never had a problem with Seetickets myself - tickets usually arrive at latest the week before the gig, and regular emails sent out between booking and receiving tickets to advise of the status. They even sent me free tickets to a gig once because it wasn't going to be a sell out!
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    We have used seetickets with no problems, but only for London gigs and events, so may be different for festivals. They have always been sent the tickets in plenty of time and like above poster had emails confirming sale, despatch etc. It must be awful though for those people who have booked Festival tickets and not received them yet. I hope they all get it sorted out.
  • matt1234
    matt1234 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I've used seetickets a couple of times, the first few times I noticed they were sending out tickets very late. Then, bham, I'm hit with a box office email. After waiting 'til the last 5 days, I started ringing up as many numbers as I could find and was fobbed off on all occasions. They all basically said I'd get my tickets and not to worry. 2 days before the gig I get an email saying that they will be made available for box office collection!!!! First of all, I paid postage for Special Delivery (which was never refunded), 2nd I now had to queue for a good 30mins before the gig in order to pick up the tickets. Third, what a stressful experience for what is meant to be an event to enjoy yourself!!
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ive used them several times with no probs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure