BMIbaby compensation

Options
Has anybody had any compensation from BMIbaby for the volcanic ash situation? Did anybody have problems, etc?

Comments

• whatmichaelsays
    whatmichaelsays Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you talking about compensation or reimbursement of costs? The two are very different.

You'll get reimbursement of reasonable costs under EU regulations. You won't get "compensation" or reimbursement for consequential losses.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sheringham
    Sheringham Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I meant reimbursement. I did read that BMIbaby would not reimbursing customers and I wondered if anybody had received any reimbursement as yet. It was certainly true that whilst
    we were away we could not contact BMIbaby to get any information whereas some other airlines, eg Easyjet were paying out whilst people were away and were reimbursing hotel bills, food, etc. We did not use any other form of transport to get home, just got 2 BMIbaby flights cancelled.
  • may433
    may433 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I submitted my request for reimbursement of costs after being stranded in Spain for six extra days. The letter was sent to bmibaby on 26 April; I have yet to receive a response but I would imagine that they are rather busy at the moment with many other such claims.

If and when I receive a reply, I will post details here.
  • Jason_Wood
    Options
    Can I ask the address where you sent your reimbursement to bmibaby, did you put copies of all receipts? and is there a form to fill in? any help greatly appreciated.
  • may433
    Options
    I sent a letter (registered post) with copies of all receipts to:

bmibaby Customer Relations
    PO Box 737
    Castle Donington
    Derby
    DE74 2XP

Have yet to receive a reply.
  • glendo90
    glendo90 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my claim letter to BMI Baby (with all receipts) to be reimbursed for costs on the 30th April - recorded delivery. Due to the bank holiday, they received this on the 4th May.

I too have received no acknowledgement as yet.

Karl
    Debt and Mortgage free date March 2014...
  • jacqui67_2
    Options
    My request for reimbursment was posted on 27.4.10 by recorded delivery was recieved on 28.04.10. Not yet had reply. Insurance company stating that they will not process any claim until reply from airline therefore not able to reclaim any costs at all. Does anyone know if there is a set deadline for a response to your request.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Cityboy wrote: »
    Claim settlement is about 4-6 weeks depending on airline.

What are you basing that on.

Apart from flight refunds, (which will automatically cancel any other claim) no one appears to have had a refund for hotels, food etc yet.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Cityboy wrote: »
    Various posters on several forums have reported receiving reimbursement of expenses from the initial volcanic ash cloud episode and I have 2 friends who have equally received theirs. These instances have involved BA, EZ and LH airlines.

Ez as in easyjet?
    Be a surprise to everyone on here claiming expenses, not just a refund.
  • may433
    Options
    I've just spoken to a nice young lady at bmibaby - 01332 854854 - she acknowledged receipt of my original letter and stated that they were aiming for a 28-day turnound in responding to claims. My 28 days is nearly up so I wait in hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure