Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy,

Glad you and OH had a nice night out. You know DS3 always has a lie-in when he sleeps at my parents too.........very unfair!:rotfl:

Have a good day.xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Bagpuss, £30 :eek:, I hope you and DH were going on the equipment for that amount too :rotfl:!!
    :rotfl:
    We didnt even attempt to go, i was in shock at the price!
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Another wfh day for me! Last day today before a week off, so looking forward to it.
    So today we are going to get dressed shortly and walk to the drs and pick up a prescription ive been picking up for over a week :o!
    Its really sunny here today, may peg some washing out although ill have to put my wellies on to do so as its muddy as anything in the back garden with all the snow.
    Last night I went to Mr T's and spent £37, was hoping for a bit cheaper as I didnt need much but its not so bad I suppose! Got a £5 off a £40 shop next week so il stock up on a bits as I shouldnt need much as DH is working away that week.

Just made the first payment to the kids, as ive opened them new accounts and we are transferring £15 a month each to them as its something we should have done a long time ago.

Alice, I cant complain re DD's sleeping in as Mon-Weds this week they slept in until 7.45... which is a lie in in this house!!

Bagpuss, im not surprised!

Think thats all from me, nothing much to report xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

The weather is absolutely glorious here today! Ive had 2 loads of washing out and I think theyve dried.
    So this afternoon weve been for a walk with the dog along the canal which was lovely and we managed to see a boat coming through the locks. The kids were fascinated and DD2 wants to go on a boat. Looked at the prices £550 for a weekend :eek:.

Im going to check on the weather and if its nice again tomorrow we will go to the seaside with the dog tomorrow. Weve never taken him before and Im desperate to smell some sea air! Just popped to the coop for a bottle of wine to take to my neighbours tonight and picked up a few picnic'y bits aswell including some reduced teacakes to 31p! They are still so fresh aswell thats the thing!

Think thats all from me. Hope everyones enjoying the nice weather xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy,

I hope you've made it to the seaside today and have a fab day.

xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Hi Alice, yes we did get off the seaside yesterday, we went to Filey. It was lovely, a bit chilly but nice to get out and breathe in the sea air. We took the dog with us and he enjoyed it too!
    Only spent £20 including parking (other than petrol) which I dont think is that bad actually. The kids got new buckets and spades as they broke the ones we had before, they had ice-creams, DH had chips and I had a hot choc :D!
    We took a picnic and got home around 6pm so we had our tea at home.

Today weve been to the local childrens museum which was £30 to get in :eek:. Hadnt realised how much it was going to cost when I agreed to meet a friend there. Still the kids enjoyed it, we took a picnic again and its a yearly ticket so I will definitely be going back to make the most of it!!

Other spends today were £3 on parking, £25 on petrol and £1.47 on eggs!

So since the clocks have changed the kids new get up time is 7.45am!!! Im so surprised because the clock change has never affected them before, other than when they were babies. So I had set my alarm for 7.30am and my battery died in the night and we didnt get up until 8am... DD1 had a doctors appointment at 8.50am! We just made it haha!! Tomorrow wont be so much of a rush and I bet they wont sleep in.

So tomorrow we are going to a friends for lunch so I will take some yoghurts and stuff to contribute. Cheap up until 4pm when our dentist appt is and will cost is £35 for a checkup. Still I guess thats cheap with it being NHS!!! All budgeted for.
    I can feel this week being very spendy.

Think thats all from me. Need to have a sweep on the house for dirty washing this morning as I know I left mine on the bathroom floor this morning as I was in so much of a rush!

Sausage and mash for tea.... yum!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sounds as though you have had a fun packed few days.

Sausage and mash sounds good, pie and mash for us tonight.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Mmmmmm love pie and mash pennywise!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Day 2 of the holidays for me and DD's slept in until 7.20!! That will do for me!! We laid in bed for a bit watching TV and didnt surface until 7.45!

So ive just done my meter readings which were eye watering! I havent managed to get to the meter box due to all the snow and I last did them 6 weeks ago. We have used £198 in this time, which equates to about £35 a week... now £135 in debit and they are putting my DD up from £89 a month to £122. Im quite cross with myself actually because last year they reduced it from £98 to £89 and I meant to ring up and ask them to keep it at £98 and I didnt and now its gone up by £33. If we had kept it at £98 that would have been an extra £108 towards the bill and they probably wouldnt have changed my DD. I think im going to ring them and ask them to set the DD slightly lower that £122 as I think this is too high and tbh the extra is now coming from my extra debt payments which I dont want as I want to throw as much at the debt as possible and I know over the summer I will catch back up with the gas and elec.

So today I am not spending on stuff like food etc... just the dentist £35 :eek:!

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Managed to get the DD reduced to £115, £7 more in my bank account. The lady also said that I can ring back up in a few months and hopefully get it reduced more. xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport