Asda's rubbish customer service

Options

Comments

• Gerrard_8_lfc
    Options
    Try Morrisons

Today I got 3 goodfella frozen pizza's for £2.40

Meatfeast was great almost as good as a takeaway one.
    His Heart Proved He Was A Red
    Suarez, Suarez
    We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
    We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
    Fernando Torres = El Judas
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,770 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2009 at 10:41AM
    Options
    vyle wrote: »
    Seems odd that Asda "can't" do a stuffed crust with 6 toppings. Surely if, say, the maximum in the price was 4, they could have a facility to add extra for a price?

Silly Asda.

It's not the price, it's to do with it being cooked...something to do with 6 toppings would cook slower than 4 etc, etc.
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm sure you can have extra toppings, at extra cost.

Will investigate when i go back to work
  • RobertoMoir
    Options
    karrie27 wrote: »
    I was in my local ASDA a couple of weeks ago and asked for a ten inch stuffed crust pizza,with six toppings,not realising that this should not be done.The assistant did this and sold us the create your own pizza. Anyway a week or so later my husband and I went back to get the same pizza as the last one was so nice!. We wondered if we could make a suggestion to the manager that ASDA could do six toppings on this pizza. When we asked to see the manager the assistant we had seen the week before came out from behind the scenes and started shouting at us saying that we are going to get her sacked!. We were both shocked to say the least, she than went to get the duty manager still shouting at us as she was walking away. Ten minuetes later she came back and said that the duty manager was in a meeting. Still trying to argue with us. We than backed away and went to customer service desk where surprise the duty manager was!. He said he was on his breakfast, not a meeting! We had a chat and he did not care that we would not return to that store and we had to empty our trolley in front of everyone there. We called head office after and and we had no call back. Left it for a couple of days and called twice today and store manager was meant to call,been wainting all morning(on my wedding anniversary!). Thay just do not care that I am now too scared to go back in to that store, I have had no incentive at all!
    :( Any tips?

Ok.

I'm curious. You say you "had to" empty your trolley in front of everyone? How did they make you? Judo?

You don't want to go back? So don't go. Problem solved. Why are you "scared"?

If you want to complain, then sit down and write a letter of complaint to a senior person at their head office - use Google or whatever to find out the name of an appropriate director level person and write - they probably won't be the one who replies, but it usually gets results. I find this normally produces a much better response than talking to someone in the shop or making phone calls or emails or whatever.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • LemonGrove
    Options
    Is it a known thing that you can't have 6 toppings on a Pizza? (I'm not taking the Michael here, I really don't know)
    Male. :o
  • michael1983l
    Options
    Go to Tesco instead?

You are joking arn't you if I did my shop at Tescos it would cost me £20 more a week than asda, I know because I checked it out on mysupermarket, even sainsburys beat tesco.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    Go back there and just do your shopping anyway. Why be scared of the shop? They cant actually do anything to you and it isnt your problem if they dont want their staff to do 6 topping pizzas,it is theirs. Nobody is going to even notice you are the same people as last time as they get thousands of customers in a week .Dont cut your nose off to spite your face.
    The duty manager needs to learn some diplomacy but that is nothing new these days .
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are joking arn't you if I did my shop at Tescos it would cost me £20 more a week than asda, I know because I checked it out on mysupermarket, even sainsburys beat tesco.

Have you tried dropping down a brand level? My other half and I can manage a 2 week shop at tesco for £40 (£20 a week) and that's with buying ourselves the odd treat as well :O.

Tesco's own brand stuff is near enough the same quality as bigger brands. their 40p milkshake dust stuff is actually nicer than neskwiks'. There are other examples, but I'm drinking milkshake right now and that's all I can think of lol.
  • michael1983l
    Options
    vyle wrote: »
    Have you tried dropping down a brand level? My other half and I can manage a 2 week shop at tesco for £40 (£20 a week) and that's with buying ourselves the odd treat as well :O.

Tesco's own brand stuff is near enough the same quality as bigger brands. their 40p milkshake dust stuff is actually nicer than neskwiks'. There are other examples, but I'm drinking milkshake right now and that's all I can think of lol.

We are at the lowest brad for everything we can handle already, however this doesn't take away the fact that mysupermarket compares like for like and my Asda shopping basket was £55 wheras Tesco was £74 and sainsbury £71. It is scandellous that there can be such a difference.
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is scandellous that there can be such a difference.

Why? In a free market, businesses are free to charge what they like and we're free to pay that or look elsewhere.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport