Asda's rubbish customer service

Options
I was in my local ASDA a couple of weeks ago and asked for a ten inch stuffed crust pizza,with six toppings,not realising that this should not be done.The assistant did this and sold us the create your own pizza. Anyway a week or so later my husband and I went back to get the same pizza as the last one was so nice!. We wondered if we could make a suggestion to the manager that ASDA could do six toppings on this pizza. When we asked to see the manager the assistant we had seen the week before came out from behind the scenes and started shouting at us saying that we are going to get her sacked!. We were both shocked to say the least, she than went to get the duty manager still shouting at us as she was walking away. Ten minuetes later she came back and said that the duty manager was in a meeting. Still trying to argue with us. We than backed away and went to customer service desk where surprise the duty manager was!. He said he was on his breakfast, not a meeting! We had a chat and he did not care that we would not return to that store and we had to empty our trolley in front of everyone there. We called head office after and and we had no call back. Left it for a couple of days and called twice today and store manager was meant to call,been wainting all morning(on my wedding anniversary!). Thay just do not care that I am now too scared to go back in to that store, I have had no incentive at all!
:( Any tips?

Comments

• voiceofreason
    Options
    Go to Tesco instead?
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    Order Dominoes or Perfect Pizza?
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i used to work on counters. i got suspended for two days for doing a 6-topping stuffed crust.

just saying.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    So, you went in to make a suggestion, however it turned into you never wanting to shop there again?

It was your decision to empty the trolley, no one made you do it. Not quite sure what exactly you want the management to do.
  • Amistoso_2
    Amistoso_2 Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    i used to work on counters. i got suspended for two days for doing a 6-topping stuffed crust.

just saying.

Really?!?
    That's completely OTT...
  • young_victor_meldrew
    Options
    Question for the OP, You have said you won't be going back to the store, then what are you waiting for a callback about? What was you hoping the outcome of the complaint would be?

The simple solution to your problem? - Buy the Pizza with the maximum number of toppings allowed, and buy the extra ones from the store and add them yourself at home!
    Official SOS Club number 011 - Dry until 17/11/2009
  • HellsGranny
    Options
    Or make your own. You can buy bread mixes which just need water added for less than £1, they will each make two big pizzas. Spread on some passata, add some grated cheese, then add toppings of your choice, place in oven on a perforated tray at 200degrees or Gas 6 for about 15 minutes.

Hey Presto! Great pizza, and dirt cheap!

Cheers, HG
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's strange. In all the times I've been shopping, I've never heard anyone working in a supermarket shouting at a member of the public, but it seems to be a regular occurrence judging by forums.

Wouldn't staff shouting in the middle of a supermarket make it obvious that they were being unreasonable?
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Id let it go OP, its only, go and shop somewhere else
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems odd that Asda "can't" do a stuffed crust with 6 toppings. Surely if, say, the maximum in the price was 4, they could have a facility to add extra for a price?

Silly Asda.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport