Options

Comments

• loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    Amistoso wrote: »
    Really?!?
    That's completely OTT...
    trust me..... thats about right for ASDA!!!!!
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • oldsam
    oldsam Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    IF had you a bad service at ASDA stores why not contact ASDA .com you can put personal complaint about service - I know that they -are told that should go the extra mile for the customer - ANDY BOND THE BOSS NEEDS TO BE TOLD . Your suggestion should have been put into store book at customer service . after all you were pointing out a possible improvement . If you only spend £ 1 in the store you are just as important customer as someone buying for boy scouts group.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cannot understand what the complaint was about, ok you got lucky and had 6 toppings, whatever you wanted to suggest to them, clearly they were not interested.

Why you had to suddenly empty your trolley and refuse any further custom from them is beyond me, did you expect them to beg you to stay??? Is this all over a couple of toppings on a pizza?? Maybe she got a good rollocking for adding 2 extra toppings on your pizza. Who knows?? indeed who really cares. I certainly would not let it scare me into going back, I am pretty sure they are not plotting to wait for you outside the store to give you a good bashing over a couple of extra toppings.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    I cannot understand what the complaint was about, ok you got lucky and had 6 toppings, whatever you wanted to suggest to them, clearly they were not interested.

Why you had to suddenly empty your trolley and refuse any further custom from them is beyond me, did you expect them to beg you to stay??? Is this all over a couple of toppings on a pizza?? Maybe she got a good rollocking for adding 2 extra toppings on your pizza. Who knows?? indeed who really cares. I certainly would not let it scare me into going back, I am pretty sure they are not plotting to wait for you outside the store to give you a good bashing over a couple of extra toppings.

I think the complaint was that the assistant had a go at OP because she did something she shouldn't have done. To be fair, if a customer asked me to do something I shouldn't do at work, I'd refuse. If I didn't know I wasnt supposed to do it and got in trouble later, I'd learn from it and get on with my life rather than have a go at the customer next time I saw them.

I don't know OP upturned her shopping trolley, though. Perhaps she was just very excited?
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the bollocking would have been because the cooking times on a stuffed crust pizza sticker are specifically for a maximum of 4 toppings. because they don't advertise 6 toppings on this pizza, they don't give cooking times for it (which are ever so slightly longer than a 4 topping pizza).

even thought it may seem common sense to 99.9% of the general population that yes, you'll need to cook it for a wee bit longer, all it takes is for one clown to feel a little sick after eating a 6-topping stuffed crust pizza, claim he cooked it for what's on the sticker and asda have a pr nightmare (along with a possible payout).

that's why they aren't allowed to make 6 topping stuffed crust pizzas.

i must say my suspension probably had more to do with the fact i reported my manager for being an incompetent arsehole, but that was the reason given to me
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fill in some gaps in the story,which I now get most of.
    You ordered an item that they really shouldn't have done for you,we are now told.When you went back,the member of staff freaked (bad day?),you say sheshouted. You complained to the duty Manager,

He didn't care-this is the bit I don't get.
    If you told him she shouted (i presume thats your complaint) ,how did the conversation go.How did it then deteriorate.
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    have spoken to our counters manager today, asked her how many toppings you are allowed on a create your own pizza, and she said 4 (£3) or 6 (but she couldn't rememeber the price!!!!)
  • tandraig
    tandraig Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    Options
    bit puzzled here - am sure that last time i was in asda there was big sign 'create your own pizza' . and dont one of the big chains do it too? my own small takeaway does it and you can have as many toppings as you want for 50p per item. er - do they start with tomato and cheese as standard? cos if not - 4 toppings is a bit mean!!! make your own hun - you can buy pizza bases or make one from mix!
  • wigglebeena
    Options
    Maybe there's regional variation and some have more sense than others. They're right nutters at my local Asda, one time they installed lockers in the front and tried to pressure customers into leaving all bags in them. I presume to save money on security staff.

Then a checkout lady (during this 'initiative') insisted on my auntie turning out her shopping bag, i.e. implying she'd been thieving. (Incorrectly and with no evidence whatsoever, just to embarrass people who didn't give in to the pressure.) Loooovely people.
  • Abbafan1972
    Options
    A stuffed crust with 6 toppings sounds fab, I'm off to get one!
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure