Teleworld

Options
Has anybody had an order delivered from Teleworld recently? I have had a flatscreen TV on order for 1 month, though the payment was charged to my credit card immediately. I have phoned several times and been assured that there's a shortage but it's coming. A week ago I was told that it would be delivered today and I would be contacted by the courier. Having heard nothing further I phoned today - their number is unobtainable. Contacted my credit card provider who tried, unsuccessfully, to call the shop, and confirmed that it doesn't look good, and they've probably gone out of business. I always look at customers' feedback/reviews of online stores before buying, but it seems that nothing is safe these days.

Comments

• stingyscot
    Options
    Well, unbeliever that I am, I have to withdraw my earlier post - TV was delivered at 4pm. But it does leave the lingering question ... where is it safe to order from in these days, when Woolies have gone down, and other big name stores (PCWorld, etc) are losing money? I have always used the internet for the best bargains, but now wonder if I should only buy what I can carry out of the shop on the day. The moral, of course, is always pay on a credit card.
  • markdutton
    Options
    I ordered a panasonic tele from these guys on 21st of january and had to chase them with 4 emails and 4 telephone calls. Teleworld kept telling me that there was a delay with the delivery of the panasonis tele's over and over. Received no communication from them whatsoever. I also have experienced 'number unatainable' when trying to contact them. I have since cancelled the order with them but they still insisted that they could deliver within a further 10 days! I am STILL:( waiting for a full refund.
  • rondu
    rondu Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I am in the same position as markdutton, ordered my Panasonic TX37LZD800 tele from Teleworld 22nd January and still waiting, tried to pay extra for faster delivery but told by e-mail no, that is not an option for this model !!! I could kill myself for not checking the kelkoo rating for this company before I ordered...big mistake. I know for a fact that the model which I ordered is no longer available and they have offered me a free upgrade to a 2009 model TXL37G10 which I turned down as having been in touch with Panasonic UK, they informed me that this new model is still unreleased and would be much lower specced and less expensive than the original model I have contracted and paid for. I too have asked for my money back, this was ignored and the lastest e-mail from them stated they would be trying to fullfill my order first week in April.
  • djw0208
    djw0208 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Are Teleworld still trading? I can't even phone them now!!
  • djw0208
    Options
    Drove past their shop in Bexleyheath and it has shut down - so am fairly worried now. Spoke to someone in another electrical shop nearby and it has been closed since December but they have taken orders since then AND their website has been updated in some areas. Although they are still listing a shop address. WATCH OUT!
  • Crikes
    Options
    Thanks djw. I'm concerned about this company too. I ordered a TV end of Feb 09; Teleworld took the order and the money but I haven't heard anything since. Their main contact number is permanently 'engaged'. I see that Worldpay is still taking payments on behalf of Teleworld and I've checked Companies House website - no red flags there ... yet ! Does anyone know if Teleworld's Bromley shop is still trading?
  • rondu
    rondu Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I received latest e-mail from them this Wednesday 25th March, stating that they were trying to complete all orders by first week in April.
  • djw0208
    Options
    I wasn't aware that they had a Bromley store as it is not listed on their website. So we may still be OK. Three possible leads for tomorrow:

1) have e-mailed them - see if I get any response

2) found a new treephone number for the Bromley store - will try calling

3) Found out they are a member of 'retra' and have e-mailed them
  • nicstuart40
    Options
    Had the same problems - actually got a call last week saying the would be delivering the tv I ordered. then they phone when it was due to be delivered saying that they had a break in and the police wouldn't let any good go out until they had finished their inquiries - tried calling but always engaged and no see, from their website that they have gone bust! Thanks Teleworld you bunch of crooks!
  • djw0208
    Options
    Yes, saw today that the have gone bust on their website.

I feel like a real fool now - they must of strung me along for some while now.

In fact, if their shop shut in December and I placed my order in January, there is every possibility they have taken my money fraudulently from the start.

Companies house do not have them listed as in administration as of today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure