Teleworld

Options

Comments

• brianthelion
    Options
    same story here, will try consumer direct advice guide on 0845 404 0506, also my bank's disputes team, also worldpay because they should block teleword from trading, also Sony because teleword were claiming to be a Sony associate dealer, whatever that means. good luck anyone who gets their problems sorted, and please keep us all posted.
  • realred
    Options
    hi, bad news teleworld has now ceased trading. I am currently waiting for a refund and are now using section 75 consumer credit act as the best way of receiving this back from my cc company. Teleworlds phones are dead and have been for all this week.
  • Crikes
    Options
    If you used a credit card for your purchase you should be covered as you can claim the money back through your bank. If you used a Visa Debit card, like me, you can claim (after 31 days) through the 'Chargeback' scheme, as long as you claim within 120 days (I think) of the purchase date. Hope this helps - good luck !
  • Jed_Exodus
    Jed_Exodus Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, bought a Sony Surround Sound system in late Feb, they took the money straight away and I was quoted a delivery time of 12-24 working days which I was happy with as I was in no huge rush to recieve the goods. Phoned them on the day I ordered it and spoke to a nice lady who explained that as I lived in Kent it would be delivered by their own delivery driver who would phone to arrange delivery.

Didn't hear anything, then phoned them mid-March and after trying to get through for ages finally spoke to a man who had all the details of my order and told me it had gone out for delivery and I would recieve it within 10 days. Heard nothing then tried to phone on Saturday then again on Monday, just got an engaged tone every time then saw that they had ceased trading on their website.

Phoned my credit-card company today and they said they would claim the money back, however i'm a bit worried as the payment went through Worldpay, any ideas on where we stand there? Surely though if all their shops have been shut for months then they have taken our money fraudulently.

If only I hadn't been so tight and bought it off Play for £30 extra!!!
  • nicstuart40
    Options
    I must admit that I got a bit suspicious when I got an email that their 'FREE' delivery to up to 28 working days - WHY! I didn't realise that their shops had closed down so it does sound like they traded fraudulently.

I'm waiting to see who is handling their liquidation.

Like Jed, we scanned for the cheapest price which was, in hindsight, a mistake!
  • Jed_Exodus
    Jed_Exodus Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update, their phones were ringing today instead of just getting an engaged tone, nobody answered though.
  • gregthegrey1
    Options
    I rang Trading Standards and they are looking into it. I also rang the Insolvency Service and they
    dont
    have
    Teleworld
    down as bankrupt? Also I think Companies House info is out of date on their site.
    I stupidly bought the TV over the phone with my Visa Debit card but I rang the bank today and they said we should get the money back (living in hope) they are sending me some forms.
    If anyone finds out anymore info please keep me updated.
    Greg

:mad:
  • gregthegrey1
    Options
    I rang Trading Standards and they are looking into it. I also rang the Insolvency Service and they
    dont
    have
    Teleworld
    down as bankrupt? Also I think Companies House info is out of date on their site.
    I stupidly bought the TV over the phone with my Visa Debit card but I rang the bank today and they said we should get the money back (living in hope) they are sending me some forms.
    If anyone finds out anymore info please keep me updated.
    Greg
  • LizHarr
    Options
    I paid in full for a 50" Plasma TV, they said it was a 28 working day delivery, I then got an email to say they would deliver by the end of March and if they could'nt get my original TV they would upgrade me to the next model. I recieved another email on 25\3\08 see below:

We are still experiencing slight delays from Samsung but We are
    looking to for fill all of our backdated orders by the second week in April.
    Please be patient with us as our team are trying hard to get your TV
    Delivered to you. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you

Teleworld

I paid by Debit Card and am pulling my hair out as I don't think I will get my money back.....:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport