www.kikatek.com poor customer service

Options
Hi,
On the 09 August 2008 I brought a product from www.kikatek.com, which cost me £113.89.

Unfortunity the product was faulty when I received it (11/08/08) and so I had to RMA it. They asked me if I would like a replacement or refund, and if I could post it to them. I sent it back, postage cost me £10.99 (I also sent them the receipt). They received the product on the 26 August 08.

On the 4th Sept I finally got a reply saying "We have returned this to the manufacturer, we are waiting for the replacement to arrive with us any minute now."

Since the 4th September I have asked on several ocassions for a refund and have not received a single reply from their 24hr response service.

As from tomorrow, 30 days will have passed. I'm not able to call Kikatek as they do not have a telephone number on the website, they only have a no reply support service.

I would like to get my £124.88 back, should I just wait longer or is there something I can do about this?

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask them yourself at:

Caitlyn
Kikatek Customer Support Team
[EMAIL="sales@kikatek.com"]sales@kikatek.com[/EMAIL]

Comments

• JohalaReewi
    Options
    If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company. You should be able to claim a refund from them.
  • SaveMe_3
    Options
    I have now received my refund for the faulty product, however they are now refusing to refund the full postage (£10.99) I had to pay to send it back.

First kikatek said they have a maxmium postage limit of £4.50 and I should of told them as they would of picked it up. The original email told me that I would have to post it to them through the post office and no mention of a £4.50 limit or a pickup service.

I have informed them with the following:
    Going by the Office of Fair Trading it states - "If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will
    have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances."

Their reply to this, was to offer me £6.

I have declined and have sent them the link to the OFT guide. Surely I am entitled to a full postage refund, am I not?

As per usual, I am still awaiting a reply from them.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SaveMe_3
    Options
    I have now contacted Consumer Direct ( http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk ) and they have informed me that www.kikatek.com are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act. I await kikatek's reply.
  • SaveMe_3
    Options
    www.kikatek.com have replied with "We have now consulted with Consumer Direct, and it appears that you are right in this case since the product was DOA."

So all sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport