🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Diamond Resorts-is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• roughanready86
    Options
    casey1709 i have sent that person an email if you dont believe me ask them i dont know if ive got it in my saved messages but il have a look if not you can ask them :)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Roughnready, once your parents have fallen for one of these types of high pressure sales eg timeshare or a kirkby cleaner etc etc. You may well change your view on the company you work for.

I assume your fairly young, the company are obviously very good at training their staff to sell the product. One of the side effects of this is you will think its the greatest product ever which is evident in your posts.

As previous posters have noted if the product is so great why does it not sell itself by word of mouth like all great products. In reality companies do this type of hard sale when the product does not sell itself on its own merits.
  • roughanready86
    Options
    im 26 year old haha
    to be honest i will stop going on about it now but i just thought id help people have an understanding instead of some of you especially the ones who slag it off who aint even a member, alot of the posts on here are not true and suprisingly it the non memebers posts, the actual members only state that there not happy about what the costs are, none of them are saying the company is bad or the ccomadations are bad so some people will get the wrong impression and personally i think everyone should hold judgement for themselves and see.

also 100% of the peopele we phone know that they are coming to a presentation plus a sales pitch if there interested so obviously they wouldnt come if they didnt want to have a look would they.

have fun :)
  • dacouch
    Options
    I think you will find that the vast vast majority of people who pay £1800 for a Kirby Vaccum Cleaner will say its a great product but is massively over priced. Kirkby Cleaners may be a great product but most people are aware its a scam as its over priced so will not entertain a sales pitch or buying one. These types of over priced products are normally subject to high pressure sales as otherwise they would have very few customers.
    If time share was such a great product the government would not have brought specific laws in to protect customers against what used to be incredibly underhand sales tactics. Judgiing by some of the posters on here your company do still on occassion pay lip service to the law.
  • dacouch
    Options
    It would be interesting to see how many people attended a presentation if they were not bribed into going by a "Prize" I would guess it would be around 5% to 10% of the current people
  • stu3105
    stu3105 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are a family of 4 and bought GVC points 10 years ago spending a total of £12000.

We had holidays in Menorca, Tenerife, Florida and Scotland, all within school holidays with superb accomodation.

Refused to attend any sales pitches to upgrade when on holiday.

Was this scheme value for money for us
    NO.

When DRI took over last year there was quite a hike on the service charge and a "one off"additional payment for £99 to make up for the low pound to euro rate.

Many members complained and refused to pay, forcing DRI to offer a points hand back scheme for a short length of time.

Did we return our points?
    YES

Did we waste our money?
    OH YES

Do we now regret returning them?
    NO

Would I recommend them?
    NO
  • crits
    crits Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stu3105 states that DRI offered 'a points hand back scheme for a short length of time'.
    This is indeed very interesting - could he please amplify further by telling us how much he received in return for his original 12000 investment ? + When was the Hand Back Scheme on offer & was this available to all current DRI Members ?
    Thank You stu 3105, in anticipation.
    Regards,
    CRITS
    11/05/09
  • Dbret
    Dbret Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    STU 3105 I would like to know more about that scheme as I am in the same situation with 7,000 points with DRI that I want to sell . Thanks
    Regards,
    Dbret
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe roughandready86 will buy them from you. He seems to think they are a good deal.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What is a handback scheme?,well it is NOT a sell back scheme..........you wont get any money back,but they will stop threatening you for next and future years maintenance payments.
    But if you are stupid enough to continue to pay yearly fees for timeshare you dont want,then "handback" is not for you,because you have been suckered in and why should they let you off the hook.
    Remember,nobody has ever been taken to court in the uk by a timeshare company............
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport