over spend and over eat

Options
Hiya all and thanks to all I read. It helps me a lot.

I overeat and overspend both inter connected I know. Do any of you fab people know where I can combine the two, to chat about, as i dont want to post my food issues along with my debt issues as this site is for debt support.

Thankyou

Bluejeans x

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts

Comments

• moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    i'n sure there are a couple of weight loss challenges on this board somewhere-ive seen them in peoples sigs, perhaps have a look on the list of challenges thread? sorry i cant be more precise but im sure there will be someone with more knowledge here soon.-good luck!
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    bluejeans wrote: »
    Hiya all and thanks to all I read. It helps me a lot.

I overeat and overspend both inter connected I know. Do any of you fab people know where I can combine the two, to chat about, as i dont want to post my food issues along with my debt issues as this site is for debt support.

Thankyou

Bluejeans x

Hi Bluejeans
    Feel free to post all you like, I am with you spend to feel better, eat to feel better and do much of both!!

xxx
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    looks to me like you have just started the right thread ...why not make this it
  • bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that thought Elantan, I never thought about staring my own thread. I usualy just wander about about asking questions. Maybe this is something I can focus on and maybe help someone along the way

Bluejeans x
  • Puzzledbubbles
    Puzzledbubbles Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Blue

Im the same, i over eat and part of that adds to excess spending (not to mention the excess pounds)

OH has decided to take the bull by the horns to loose some weight and so i guess have i.

Ill join you in the discussion if you want some company

Puzzled xx
  • GhostHunter_3
    Options
    Me to i'll join in.

Shopping for food is a nightmare in our house - OH and I eat completely separate things, I have to eat healthy and he doesnt like fruit or veg (phobic since childhood so not just being awkward) so twice as much shopping!

Now for the exercise
    :T :j :rotfl:

Thats enough of that! LOL
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Hiya rubydoiwannabee and puzzled and thankyou for your input all welcome. It feels good to be able to talk about money and food together. As they are the two devils on my shoulders food on one and money on the other. I too over eat, which as you say leads to over spending. I have many times felt so depressed about my money situation that I have gone out and spent x amount of money on junk food. When I have eaten it, I of course feel worse as it has not done anything to help my debt and I feel worse because the money I spent could have helped me through the week or been paid towards a debt ???? i am starting to turn this around, since being on this site, but the road is long. I am sure being able to discuss both my problems will help me even more.

Thankyou all

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Hiya Ghosthunter, fab of you to join in, thankyou

Jo x
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in-fat and in debt...
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    I have started trying to lose weight and when I do this I get *obsessed* with food! Tonight the fridge is full and I'm desperately fighting the urge to get an Indian takeaway - bad for both wallet and waist :o

Today I made some lentil curry- tarka dhal and that isn't tempting me :o I want Achari chicken, onion bhaji and pilau rice oh and some poppadoms :o

Good luck though, food is so nice I know that I overeat, and you can see some of the effects on my purse in my signature:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure