Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your weekend sounds lovely SA and this upcoming weekend sounds good too :beer:.

A weekend jaunt to Cork sounds great. Ireland is one of the many places I'd like to visit one day.

Don't talk to me about Christmas spends :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    you could also consider galway or, avoid the euro and come see me up north!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • reality_check
    Options
    I've just been catching up on your diary, I was away on page 20 I think! Your life is def the one I aim to have, doing nice things and having money in the bank. Not long to go until you're finished for Chrsitmas! Hope you have a lovely time xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I've just been catching up on your diary, I was away on page 20 I think! Your life is def the one I aim to have, doing nice things and having money in the bank. Not long to go until you're finished for Chrsitmas! Hope you have a lovely time xxx

I feel like that too :)
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Your weekend sounds lovely SA and this upcoming weekend sounds good too :beer:.

A weekend jaunt to Cork sounds great. Ireland is one of the many places I'd like to visit one day.

Don't talk to me about Christmas spends :mad:.
    you could also consider galway or, avoid the euro and come see me up north!

Thanks Hairy and inod. Avoiding the euro may well be a good idea if the exchange rate doesn’t improve!:eek:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    JWPopps wrote: »
    Hello SSG... I strongly suspect your DD and I live in the same town ;) I agree about the loss of the shops, and for this place in particular it's a real loss because of the kind of place it is.

Hi JW. Yes it’s such a shame. There won’t be another like it. :(
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you're having a lovely Christmas eve SSG :xmassign::xmastree:
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    It's never ending with the spends this time of year SSG, we have to be strong :)

I’m over the Xmas budget SA. :( I thought I was doing so well until recently!
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Merry Christmas SSG x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 December 2017 at 10:10PM
    Options
    I feel like that too :)

Thanks guys. That’s lovely of you to say that! Though as I said above, I’m over a bit on the Xmas budget! Big revision of finances in the New Year!:eek:

The week went well. Got my hair and nails done so all ready for Christmas. On Friday we only worked till lunchtime but had quite a few children in the office as we hold a little party for them. I went to M&S in the morning and bought some picky bits for the desk and some of the guys brought in Moet so it was all very merry! My friend popped into mine in the evening so we had a Christmas glass or two! On Saturday my two friends and I had a nice pub lunch then went back to my friend’s for another few drinks! When I got home I fell asleep in front of the TV so went to bed early:D

This morning I did my housework and changed my sheets so everything nice and shipshape. This afternoon I got a taxi over to DSis’s. The kids are sorting the grub for Santa and the reindeer and once they are in bed us adults will have a nice alchololic drink and see Christmas in!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!:xmastree::rudolf::xmassign::santa2:
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business