Two money transfer credit cards?

Options
Hi there I currently have a loan to repay on my Halifax debit card off £3577 I'm paying that off monthly at £137 plus interest which is £29 a month.

I've applied and currently just got the Tesco Clubcard 0% 36month on money and balance transfers but my limit on that card is set at £3300 the max I can withdraw is £3100, which would leave me with £477 plus the interest to pay off on the Halifax loan.

My question is do I try and get a second money transfer card say the MBNA all round credit card with 0% 12month and pay the remaining loan off on that or do I just stick with the one money transfer card and pay off the remaining Halifax amount Monthly (4months).

Hope I explained this properly :rotfl:

Comments

• Westminster
    Westminster Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You can try.

I had 2 at the same time.

Use an eligibility calculator first though.

Virgin and MBNA were generous with my initial limits.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would just carry on with the loan as normal, no point in getting another card to save a few percent interest on £477+. It will only be for a few months then its done.

Once your a few months away from the end of the deal with Tesco apply for another BT card.
  • PositivityArchie
    Options
    Why would I need to apply for a BT card before the Tesco 0% runs out? Just curious?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Because you may want somewhere to transfer any remaining balance to.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi there I currently have a loan to repay on my Halifax debit card off £3577 I'm paying that off monthly at £137 plus interest which is £29 a month.

I've applied and currently just got the Tesco Clubcard 0% 36month on money and balance transfers but my limit on that card is set at £3300 the max I can withdraw is £3100, which would leave me with £477 plus the interest to pay off on the Halifax loan.

They do this to allow room to add the MT fee to your balance without exceeding the credit limit.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    They do this to allow room to add the MT fee to your balance without exceeding the credit limit.

Fee will be less than £100 so should be ok.
  • shiny76
    shiny76 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My question is do I try and get a second money transfer card say the MBNA all round credit card with 0% 12month and pay the remaining loan off on that or do I just stick with the one money transfer card and pay off the remaining Halifax amount Monthly (4months).
    Whatever you decide, you should factor in any 'early redemption fees' for the Halifax loan as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure